26 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 26, 2022 Ukraine MOD 26 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 26.08 Ukraine MOD 26 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 26, 2022 Ukraine MOD 26 Aug 2022
- Ukraine's Zelenskyy Says Situation Around Nuclear Plant Remains Precarious VOA 26 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Friday that the situation around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant remained "very precarious and dangerous" after the plant resumed electricity supplies to Ukraine following an outage.
- Kyiv Says Both Nuclear Reactors At Zaporizhzhya Plant Reconnected To Grid RFE/RL 26 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's state nuclear company, Enerhoatom, has said that both functioning reactors at the Russia-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant have been reconnected to the electrical grid after Kyiv earlier claimed that the plant was cut from the national power grid by Russian shelling.
- Armed Forces of Ukraine, our people prove to occupiers every day that they have no chance to stay safe on Ukrainian land - address of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 26 Aug 2022
- Putin wants to restore USSR, Ukraine's independence contradicts his worldview - Mykhailo Podolyak in interview with Helsingin Sanomat President of Ukraine 26 Aug 2022
- Ukraine's participation in OECD working group should speed up EU integration of our country - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 26 Aug 2022
- Ihor Zhovkva met with the leadership of the committees of the parliaments of Finland and the Baltic countries President of Ukraine 26 Aug 2022
- Zelensky says world narrowly escapes nuclear catastrophe Press TV 26 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said the world was spared a radiation disaster when the last power line to the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant was restored hours after it went out.
- Russia says it destroyed US-made howitzer used to shell Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant Press TV 26 Aug 2022 -- Russia's Defense Ministry says its forces have destroyed a US-made M777 howitzer gun which Kiev forces had used on a daily basis to shell the Russian-controlled Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant located in southeastern Ukraine.
- Russian Security Council's Chairman: US and NATO De Facto Involved in Ukraine Conflict Sputnik 26 Aug 2022 -- Moscow repeatedly warned NATO countries against meddling with the course of the special military operation in Ukraine, including by sending weapons to Kiev. While the alliance troops refrained from sending their soldiers, they decided to send dozens of billions of dollars in military assistance.
- Update 95 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 26 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that the country's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) continued to have access to off-site electrical power for cooling and other safety functions and that one of its reactor units had been reconnected to the national grid, a day after the plant temporarily lost connection to a vital power line, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Ukraine: Top UN aid official appeals for access across contact line UN News 26 Aug 2022 -- Speaking from Kharkiv in northeast Ukraine, where shelling has intensified in the last week, the UN's top aid official in the country issued an urgent appeal on Friday for guarantees from Russia and affiliated forces, to allow humanitarians to deliver "absolutely necessary" relief items across the contact line.
- UN official voices concern over global repercussions of Ukraine conflict People's Daily 26 Aug 2022 -- UN Undersecretary-General for Political and Peacebuilding Affairs Rosemary DiCarlo on Wednesday voiced concern over the global repercussions of the Ukraine conflict.
- UN chief warns of dangerous situation concerning Ukraine nuke plant People's Daily 26 Aug 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Wednesday warned of the dangerous situation in and around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine.
- President Macron Reiterates Support for IAEA Mission to Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant IAEA 26 Aug 2022 -- IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi met with President Emmanuel Macron yesterday in Paris, in an important step to the IAEA's imminent mission to Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant.
- Little Humanitarian Aid Reaching Ukrainians in Russian-Controlled Areas VOA 26 Aug 2022 -- U.N. officials report they are unable to provide humanitarian aid to millions of people in Russian-controlled areas of eastern Ukraine, putting those people's lives and well-being at risk as winter approaches.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|