Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 25, 2022 Ukraine MOD 25 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 25.08 Ukraine MOD 25 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 25, 2022 Ukraine MOD 25 Aug 2022
- Ukraine Nuclear Plant Temporarily Disconnected From National Power Grid VOA 25 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's nuclear power plant at Zaporizhzhia, under siege for weeks, temporarily sustained a "complete disconnection" from the country's national power grid on Thursday, the state energy operator said.
- Ukraine Says Russian-Controlled Nuclear Plant Shut Down, Disconnected From Grid RFE/RL 25 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian authorities said the last two working reactors at the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant were shut down due to fires and damaged power lines, heightening fears of a potential accident as the facility was temporarily disconnected from Ukraine's electricity grid for the first time.
- Ukraine's Russia-Controlled Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant Disconnected From Power Grid RFE/RL 25 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant, which has been controlled by Russian forces since early March, has been disconnected from the national power supply.
- Russia's war with Ukraine needs to end, UN's Bachelet urges Vladimir Putin UN News 25 Aug 2022 -- UN Human Rights Chief Michelle Bachelet on Thursday urged Russia's President Vladimir Putin to end the country's war against Ukraine, while also calling for the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant to be immediately demilitarized.
- Ukraine: Cluster munitions pose long-term risk to civilian safety UN News 25 Aug 2022 -- On Thursday, the UN-partnered Cluster Munition Monitor civil society group, released their 2022 Cluster Munition Monitor report, on the risk these weapons pose to civilians.
- Update 94 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 25 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine has informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) that the country's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) today temporarily lost connection to its last remaining operational 750 kilovolt (kV) external power line, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said, further underlining the urgent need for an IAEA expert mission to travel to the facility.
- IAEA Says Kyiv, Moscow 'Very Close' To Deal To Inspect Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 25 Aug 2022 -- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) chief Rafael Grossi says Kyiv and Moscow agree that the UN watchdog's personnel need to inspect the situation at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, which has been caught in the cross fire of fighting between Russian and Ukrainian troops.
- UN Rights Chief Urges Putin To Halt Armed Attacks On Ukraine RFE/RL 25 Aug 2022 -- UN human rights chief Michelle Bachelet has called on Russian President Vladimir Putin to put an end to armed attacks on Ukraine and said the Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant must be demilitarized.
- The killing of children is shocking: Denise Brown, humanitarian coordinator for Ukraine, on the strike in Chaplyne UNOCHA 25 Aug 2022
- UN chief warns of dangerous situation concerning Ukraine nuke plant People's Daily 25 Aug 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Wednesday warned of the dangerous situation in and around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine.
- UN official voices concern over global repercussions of Ukraine conflict People's Daily 25 Aug 2022 -- UN Undersecretary-General for Political and Peacebuilding Affairs Rosemary DiCarlo on Wednesday voiced concern over the global repercussions of the Ukraine conflict.
- Russia's 'Widespread Use' Of Cluster Munitions In Ukraine Condemned In New HRW Report RFE/RL 25 Aug 2022 -- The Russian military's extensive use of cluster munitions in the war in Ukraine has brought about lasting harm and suffering to hundreds of civilians, Human Rights Watch said in a report released on August 25.
- VOA Exclusive: Ukrainian Nuclear Engineer Details Conditions Inside Zaporizhzhia Plant VOA 25 Aug 2022 -- An engineer working under Russian occupation since March 4 at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant (ZNPP) has told VOA that Russian forces have placed artillery and missile installations within and around the property of the plant and have themselves caused explosions near the plant in an apparent attempt to discredit the Ukrainian military.
- Joint Statement on FIRST Program Cooperation at the 2022 NPT Review Conference US Dept. of State 25 Aug 2022 -- The text of the following statement was released by the Governments of the United States of America and Estonia, Ghana, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea, Romania, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on the occasion of the 2022 NPT Review Conference.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list