21 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 21, 2022 Ukraine MOD 21 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 21, 2022 Ukraine MOD 21 Aug 2022
- Zelenskiy Warns Of 'Cruel' Russian Action Around Independence Day As Russia Pounds Southern Ukraine RFE/RL 21 Aug 2022 -- Russian forces targeted multiple locations in southern Ukraine with artillery and rocket fire on August 21 as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy warned that Moscow could do something particularly "cruel" in the coming days as Kyiv marks 31 years of independence.
- New Shelling Near Ukrainian Nuclear Plant VOA 21 Aug 2022 -- Artillery shells hit Ukraine's southern city of Nikopol early Sunday, not far from the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy warned that Russia may try to do "something particularly cruel" when Moscow's invasion hits the six-month mark this week.
- Russia says destroys HIMARS ammunition depot in Ukraine's Odesa, hits two Howitzers in Kherson region Press TV 21 Aug 2022 -- Russia says its forces have destroyed an ammunition depot containing US-made HIMARS rockets in Ukraine's Odesa with Kalibr missiles.
- Readout of President Joe Biden's Call with President Emmanuel Macron of France, Chancellor Olaf Scholz of Germany, and Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom The White House 21 Aug 2022
- Western Powers Urge Restraint Around Ukraine Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 21 Aug 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on August 21 urged military restraint around the Moscow-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant in Ukraine while reiterating their support for Kyiv in the war.
- Ukraine to Mark 6 Months Since Russian Invasion VOA 21 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine is set this week to mark six months since the Russian invasion.
- Four More Ships Carrying Food Leave Ukraine, Says Turkey RFE/RL 21 Aug 2022 -- Four more ships carrying foodstuffs have left Ukrainian Black Sea ports, Turkey's Defense Ministry said on August 21, bringing the total number of vessels to leave Ukraine's Black Sea ports under a UN-brokered grain export deal to 31.
- Two Russians, One Ukrainian Arrested As Alleged Spies In Albania RFE/RL 21 Aug 2022 -- Albanian authorities have arrested two Russians and one Ukrainian who were trying to enter a military plant in the central Albania, the country's Defense Ministry said in a statement on August 20.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|