20 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 20, 2022 Ukraine MOD 20 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 20, 2022 Ukraine MOD 20 Aug 2022
- Russia Thwarts Drone in Crimea, Strikes Near Southern Nuclear Plant VOA 20 Aug 2022 -- Russian air defenses shot down a drone in Crimea Saturday, Russian authorities said. It was the second such incident at the headquarters of its Black Sea Fleet in three weeks.
- Drone Strikes Headquarters Of Russia's Black Sea Fleet In Ukraine's Occupied Crimea Region RFE/RL 20 Aug 2022 -- The headquarters of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Ukraine's occupied Crimea region was hit by a drone attack early on August 20, a Russia-installed administrator reported.
- Russian Shelling Hits Residential Area In Ukrainian Town Near Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 20 Aug 2022 -- Russian shelling hit a residential area in the southern region of Mykolayiv, wounding 12 civilians, including four children, on August 20, Ukrainian officials said.
- UAV Attacks Russia's Black Sea Fleet Headquarters in Sevastopol, Governor Says Sputnik 20 Aug 2022 -- In late July, at least five members of staff at the Black Sea Fleet's headquarters were injured after an unidentified object - presumably a UAV - flew into the courtyard.
- US nationals among foreign mercenaries killed in Ukraine: Russia Press TV 20 Aug 2022 -- Russia says several US nationals were among the foreign fighters killed in Russian airstrikes in Kharkov region in northeastern Ukraine.
- We still need to fight for victory, but Ukrainians can feel proud of themselves, their country and their heroes - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 20 Aug 2022
- Putin, Macron discuss situation in Ukraine over phone People's Daily 20 Aug 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin and his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron held a phone conversation on Friday to discuss the situation in Ukraine, the Kremlin said in a statement.
- Moscow: Kiev poisoned Russian soldiers in Ukraine's southeastern region Press TV 20 Aug 2022 -- Moscow has accused Ukraine of poisoning a number of Russian servicemen in the Russia-controlled part of the ex-Soviet republic's southeastern region of Zaporizhzhia in late July.
- U.S. To Purchase Ukrainian Grain For UN Food Program Amid Global Food Crisis RFE/RL 20 Aug 2022 -- The United States plans to purchase 150,000 metric tons of Ukrainian grain for distribution to poor countries through the United Nations' World Food Program (WFP).
- US to Deliver Precision-Guided Artillery Munitions Excalibur to Ukraine, Reports Say Sputnik 20 Aug 2022 -- The United States is set to supply Ukraine with Excalibur precision-guided artillery munitions in a new military aid package, including five new types of hardware that have not yet been delivered to Kiev, Politico reported, citing sources.
- US weapons delivery to Ukraine to include spy drones Press TV 20 Aug 2022 -- A recent arms package approved by the Pentagon to fight Russian forces in the Donbas region of Ukraine will include spy drones, mine-resistant vehicles, and howitzer artillery guns along with 36,000 rounds of rockets.
- IAEA says consulting on sending mission to Zaporizhzhia plant soon People's Daily 20 Aug 2022 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said on Friday that it is actively consulting with all parties on sending a mission to the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine as soon as possible.
- TÃ¼rkiye, Ukraine seals deal for cooperation on Ukraine's reconstruction: president People's Daily 20 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that TÃ¼rkiye and Ukraine signed an agreement to reconstruct infrastructure in Ukraine damaged in the ongoing conflict with Russia, state-run Anadolu Agency reported.
- British Lawmaker: Nuclear Accident Could Draw NATO Allies into War VOA 20 Aug 2022 -- Conservative British member of parliament Tobias Ellwood, who chairs the House of Commons Defense Select Committee, cautioned that any nuclear accident at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant could draw NATO into the war between Russia and Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|