12 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 12.08 Ukraine MOD 12 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 12, 2022 Ukraine MOD 12 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 12, 2022 Ukraine MOD 12 Aug 2022
- Ukrainian Forces Make Some Gains in North, South DoD News 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian forces in the north saw some gains in territory recaptured, including areas near Kharkiv, a senior Defense Department official said today.
- Russia, Ukraine Trade Accusations of Firing at Nuclear Plant VOA 12 Aug 2022 -- The United Nations is calling for immediate access to a nuclear power plant as Russia and Ukraine again Friday accused the other of firing weapons near the plant.
- Long-Range Missiles? Special Op? Regardless, Crimean Air Base Blasts Are A 'Real Quandary' For Russia RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- New or modified Ukrainian-designed missiles? Shipborne, U.S.-made HIMARS? Armed drones? Ukrainian special forces? Sabotage?
- Shelling Hits Towns Near Nuclear Power Plant, Ukraine Says, As Russian Troops Remain At Facility RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine and Russia have accused each other of risking nuclear disaster by shelling the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, which the United Nations says should have a demilitarized zone declared around it.
- Russia-Backed Separatists In Ukraine Set Date For Trial Of Foreigners Accused Of Being Mercenaries RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- Russia-backed separatists in Ukraine's eastern region of Donetsk have set August 15 as the date for the trial of five foreigners accused of joining Ukrainian armed forces as mercenaries.
- Visa restrictions for Russian citizens fair, all defenders of European values should insist on them - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 12 Aug 2022
- Andriy Yermak and Valerii Zaluzhny held a phone conversation with Jacob Sullivan and Mark Milley President of Ukraine 12 Aug 2022
- Ihor Zhovkva congratulated the Foreign Affairs Advisor to the Prime Minister of North Macedonia on the start of negotiations on the country's accession to the EU President of Ukraine 12 Aug 2022
- Ukraine to Run Out of HIMARS Missiles Within Next 3-4 Months - Reports Sputnik 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine will deplete its stockpile of US-supplied High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) missiles within the next three to four months amid Russia's special military operation in the country, Newsweek reported on Friday citing retired US Marine Corps Col. Mark Cancian.
- Ukraine needs to implement 107 regulations under Association Agreement with EU People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine has to implement 107 regulations and directives under the Association Agreement with the European Union (EU), the country's Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration Olha Stefanishyna said Thursday.
- Ukraine calls for int'l mission to assess threats to Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba on Thursday called for an international mission to the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant (NPP) to assess the threats to nuclear safety, the Ukrinform news agency reported.
- Russia destroys US-made radar system, downs HIMARS missiles Press TV 12 Aug 2022 -- Russian forces have destroyed a US-made radar system and advanced US-made missiles in eastern Ukraine.
- Russia Awaits UN Chief to Clarify Proposal on Demilitarizing Zaporozhye Plant - Nebenzia Sputnik 12 Aug 2022 -- Russia will await for UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to clarify his proposal to demilitarize the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant (ZNPP) before commenting on it, Russian Ambassador to the United Nations Vasiliy Nebenzia said.
- Russia's Medvedev visits Donbass for measures to ensure its security People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- Deputy Chairman of the Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev paid a visit to Donbass on Thursday to explore measures to ensure the region's security and normalize life there.
- US weapons not used to attack Russian airbase in Crimea: Pentagon Press TV 12 Aug 2022 -- The Pentagon claimed American-supplied weapons were not used to attack a Russian airbase in Crimea, which voted in 2014 to break off from Ukraine and join Russia.
- Update 91 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 12 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine has informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) about new shelling in the area of the country's Zaporizhzya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP), further underlining major nuclear safety and security risks at Europe's largest such facility, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- UN watchdog warns of 'grave hour' at Ukraine's nuclear power plant Press TV 12 Aug 2022 -- The UN nuclear watchdog has called for officials to visit Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia power plant amid fresh escalation in the area and warnings of the "catastrophic consequences" of continued fighting near Europe's largest atomic plant.
- IAEA Seeks Immediate Access to Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant VOA 12 Aug 2022 -- The United Nations is calling for immediate access to a nuclear power plant under siege that Ukraine asserts is being hit by Russian rocket fire.
- UN chief voices concern about situation at Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said on Thursday that he is "gravely concerned" about the unfolding situation in and around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in southern Ukraine.
- Norway Joins Training of Ukrainian Soldiers Amid Calls to Produce Arms for Kiev Sputnik 12 Aug 2022 -- Norway became the last Nordic nation to join the UK-led training project, aligning itself with its Scandinavian neighbors and peers that previously pledged to contribute between 20 and 130 instructors each.
- China "deeply concerned" by situation at Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant: envoy People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- Zhang Jun, China's permanent representative to the United Nations, on Thursday said that China is "deeply concerned" by the recent shelling on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine.
- Interview: Has Ukraine's Southern Offensive Finally Begun? RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- After a series of explosions on a Russian military airfield on Ukraine's occupied Crimean Peninsula, Kyiv officials told Western media that the blasts marked a new phase in the nearly six-month war and the start of a long-awaited counteroffensive in southern Ukraine.
- 'We Were Nothing To Them': Russian Volunteer Reservists Return From War Against Ukraine Feeling Deceive RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- "They paid us 205,000 rubles ($3,365) a month," said Aleksandr, a middle-aged man from Tatarstan who recently returned from two months of fighting in Ukraine as a volunteer. "They didn't give us our combat pay - 8,000 rubles ($130) a day. They didn't pay any bonuses either.
- Vessel to collect first humanitarian wheat shipment under Ukraine grain deal UN News 12 Aug 2022 -- A UN-chartered vessel should soon arrive at the Ukrainian port of Yuzhny, also known as Pivdennyi, to collect wheat that will help feed millions of hungry people in the Horn of Africa, the World Food Programme (WFP) reported on Friday.
- First Ukraine grain deal vessel docks in TÃ¼rkiye after buyer refuses delivery People's Daily 12 Aug 2022 -- The first grain ship leaving Ukraine under a deal by the United Nations, Russia, Ukraine and TÃ¼rkiye docked at a southern Turkish port on Thursday after the buyer in Lebanon rejected the cargo, Turkish news agency DHA reported.
- Ukraine's Pipeline Operator Says Oil Flow From Russia Through Druzhba Resumes RFE/RL 12 Aug 2022 -- The flow of Russian oil has resumed to Hungary and Slovakia through the Ukrainian section of the Druzhba oil pipeline, Ukraine's Naftogaz said on August 11.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|