10 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 10.08 Ukraine MOD 10 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 10, 2022 Ukraine MOD 10 Aug 2022
- Sabotage, Assassinations, Propaganda: Simmering Guerrilla War Rattles Ukraine's Russian Occupiers RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- Posters have been going up on lampposts, bus stops, and apartment building entrances around the southern Ukrainian city of Kherson, seized and occupied by Russian forces in the early days after Moscow's February 24 invasion.
- Recapturing Crimea In Focus After Blasts As Russian Forces Attempt Frontline Advances RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- The leader of the Crimean Tatars' self-governing body says major explosions at a Russian airfield in Crimea are the first clear signal that the Russian-occupied peninsula will be returned to Ukraine.
- Ukraine: 9 Russian Warplanes Destroyed at Crimean Air Base VOA 10 Aug 2022 -- The Ukrainian air force says nine Russian warplanes were destroyed in massive explosions Tuesday at an air base in Crimea, the peninsula that Moscow seized in 2014. And shelling around a Ukrainian nuclear power plant has prompted an emergency meeting Thursday of the U.N. Security Council.
- Satellite Images Show Massive Destruction At Russian Air Base On Crimea RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- A Russian air base on Ukraine's annexed Crimean Peninsula suffered massive destruction in several explosions on August 9, satellite imagery made available on August 10 shows.
- Russian Shelling Said To Have Killed 13 Civilians in Dnipropetrovsk, Kilometers From Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- The governor of Ukraine's central Dnipropetrovsk region says 13 civilians were killed by Russian shelling overnight in Nikopol and Marhanets, and 11 more people injured, five of them seriously.
- Ukrainian Military Reports Heavy Fighting Along Front Line In Eastern Ukraine RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- Heavy fighting was reported on August 9 in frontline towns of Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region as Russian troops launched waves of attacks to try to expand their control of the Donbas.
- The more losses the occupiers suffer, the sooner we will be able to liberate our land - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 10 Aug 2022
- Ihor Zhovkva held an online meeting with the Advisor to the Prime Minister of Canada President of Ukraine 10 Aug 2022
- Ukraine Grateful For Two-Year Freeze In Payments On Foreign Debt RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian Finance Minister Serhiy Marchenko says a deal to freeze payments on billions of dollars of overseas debt owed by Ukraine is a testament to investors' willingness to support Kyiv.
- U.K. Says It's Likely That Russia Has Established New Ground Corps That Leans Heavily On 'Volunteers' RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- Britain says Russia has "almost certainly established a major new ground forces formation" that could include "volunteer" battalions to support its Ukrainian invasion.
- The Dead Of The 64th: A Notorious Russian Army Unit And Its High Casualty Rate RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- At the headquarters of Russian military unit 51460 in the Far Eastern region of Khabarovsk, a memorial wall dedicated to the fallen soldiers of the unit, known more widely as the 64th Separate Guards Motor Rifle Brigade, was erected not long ago.
- Russia requests Security Council meeting over attacks on Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant in Ukraine Press TV 10 Aug 2022 -- Russia has requested an urgent meeting of the United Nations Security Council concerning what it called Ukraine's continuous attacks on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, which is under Russian control, as both sides blame each other for repeated shelling of the site.
- Russia Seeks UN Security Council Meeting On Ukrainian Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- A Russian envoy to the United Nations says Moscow has requested a meeting of the UN Security Council on August 11 to discuss issues concerning the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant, which its troops seized early in the five-month-old invasion of Ukraine.
- US confirms supplying Ukraine with previously-undisclosed missiles Press TV 10 Aug 2022 -- The US military has confirmed the delivery of American anti-radar missiles to Ukraine in a bid to facilitate the targeting of Russian radar systems by Ukrainian warplanes.
- Pentagon Admits Sending Missiles to Ukraine Capable of Hitting Russian Defensive Systems Sputnik 10 Aug 2022 -- According to a media report, it could have been an AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-Radiation Missile (HARM). If true, it would be one of the longest-range missiles that the has US supplied to Ukraine so far, despite Moscow's warnings about the consequences of arming Kiev.
- U.S. Pledges $89 Million To Help Ukraine Clear Land Mines Left By Russian Forces RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- The United States says it will provide $89 million to Ukraine for removing land mines put in place by Russian forces.
- IAEA Director General Grossi to Brief UN Security Council on Ukraine's Zaporizhzya Nuclear Power Plant IAEA 10 Aug 2022 -- The Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Rafael Mariano Grossi, will brief the United Nations Security Council on Thursday about the nuclear safety and security situation at Ukraine's Zaporizhzya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) and his efforts to agree and lead an IAEA expert mission to the site as soon as possible.
- Update 90 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 10 Aug 2022 -- Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi announced today that he will brief the United Nations Security Council on Thursday about the nuclear safety and security situation at Ukraine's Zaporizhzya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) and his efforts to agree and lead an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) expert mission to the site as soon as possible.
- Ukraine grain export deal off to 'a very good start' - UN interim Coordinator UN News 10 Aug 2022 -- Under the Black Sea Initiative so far, 12 vessels have been "authorized to depart the Ukrainian ports," the acting UN coordinator for the grain deal told UN journalists in New York on Wednesday.
- UN: Movement of Grain Ships from Ukraine 'Encouraging' VOA 10 Aug 2022 -- A senior U.N. official said Wednesday that a deal to move stranded Ukrainian grain that had been blocked in silos and Black Sea ports is working well, with more than 370,000 tons of food stuffs moved in the first week.
- G7 Foreign Ministers' Statement in support of the IAEA┬┤s efforts to promote Nuclear Safety and Security at the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine European External Action Service (EEAS) 10 Aug 2022 -- We, the G7 Foreign Ministers of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States of America, and the High Representative of the European Union, reiterate our strongest condemnation of the ongoing unprovoked and unjustifiable war of aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. The Russian Federation must immediately withdraw its troops from within Ukraine's internationally recognized borders and respect Ukraine's territory and sovereignty.
- 130 Danish soldiers will train Ukrainian colleagues Danish Ministry of Defence 10 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine is still in need of support in the fight against the Russian invasion, which is why Denmark is increasing the support towards military training.
- Chinese diplomat blames US for being 'main instigator' of crisis in Ukraine Press TV 10 Aug 2022 -- China has accused the United States of being the main instigator of the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine that began on February 24.
- Uzbekistan Warns Its Citizens Of Repercussions If They Join Russian Military In War-Torn Ukraine RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- The Uzbek Embassy in Moscow has warned the Central Asian nation's citizens residing in Russia of serious repercussions for joining Russia's ongoing unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.
- Belarusian 'Railway Guerrillas' Handed Prison Terms RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- Five Belarusian activists who were arrested for allegedly damaging railways in the country to disrupt the transportation of Russian arms and troops to war-torn Ukraine have been sentenced on terrorism charges.
- Two More Cargo Ships Carrying Grain Leave Ukrainian Port Near Odesa RFE/RL 10 Aug 2022 -- Two more cargo ships carrying grain have left Ukraine, the Infrastructure Ministry announced on August 9.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|