Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
04 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 4, 2022 Ukraine MOD 04 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 04.08 Ukraine MOD 04 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 4, 2022 Ukraine MOD 04 Aug 2022
- Kyiv Says Russia Plans Fresh Offensive As Moscow Shells Multiple Targets Across Ukraine RFE/RL 04 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine said Moscow was putting together an attack force aimed at President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's hometown of Kryvyi Rih, as Russia bombarded several parts of Ukraine, causing casualties and damage.
- In Ukraine, New Battle Lines Are Drawn: Look To The South RFE/RL 04 Aug 2022 -- The first thing to know: Long convoys of Russian military trucks, tanks, towed artillery, and other weapons are moving away from Ukraine's Donbas region, headed southwest -- and in at least one case, headed northwest from the Russian-occupied port of Mariupol.
- More lifesaving grain shipments authorized to leave Ukraine UN News 04 Aug 2022 -- Three more ships have been given the green light to leave Ukraine's Black Sea ports on Friday, carrying just over 58,000 tons of corn, in a move that will raise hopes further for the success of a UN initiative aimed at lowering prices of essential foods and easing the global crisis.
- Russia's aggression against Ukraine: the EU imposes restrictive measures on Viktor and Oleksandr Yanukovych EC/CEU 04 Aug 2022 -- The Council today decided to impose restrictive measures on two additional individuals in response to the ongoing unjustified and unprovoked Russian military aggression against Ukraine.
- Germany Claims Ukraine Promised Not to Transfer Aid Weapons to Third Parties Sputnik 04 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine pledged not to transfer or export weapons supplied to it by Germany to any third parties, according to the German federal government's response to an inquiry of a Bundestag lawmaker published on the German parliament's website on Thursday.
- Defence Minister Anita Anand announces deployment of Canadian Armed Forces to train Ukrainian soldiers in the United Kingdom Canada 04 Aug 2022 -- The Minister of National Defence, the Honourable Anita Anand, announced today that Canada has authorized the deployment of Canadian Armed Forces personnel to train new recruits from the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as they seek to increase the size of their ground forces in the face of Russia's ongoing unprovoked, unjustifiable, and illegal invasion.
- Turkish Defense Minister Says Three More Ships Filled With Grain Set To Depart Ukraine RFE/RL 04 Aug 2022 -- Three more ships filled with grain will depart Ukraine on August 5 under a UN-backed agreement to resume exports of grain and other agricultural products through ports on the Black Sea, Turkey's defense minister said.
- Erdogan and Putin to Meet in Sochi for 2nd Time in a Month VOA 04 Aug 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is due to meet his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, in the Russian Black Sea resort of Sochi. A just-concluded deal on freeing up Ukrainian grain, along with Russian backing for a new Turkish offensive against Syrian Kurdish forces will be on the agenda.
- ASEAN Leaders Expected to Focus on Ukraine During Cambodia Gathering VOA 04 Aug 2022 -- Foreign ministers from ASEAN's member states and its dialogue partners are arriving in Phnom Penh for a summit likely to focus largely on regional and global crises, including the murderous military regime in Myanmar, Russia's unprovoked war on Ukraine and climate change.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list