03 August 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on August 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 Aug 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 03.08 Ukraine MOD 03 Aug 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on August 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 Aug 2022
- Ukrainian Strike Likely Severs Rail Link Between Crimea And Kherson As Fighting In Donbas 'Just Hell' RFE/RL 03 Aug 2022 -- A Ukrainian strike on a Russian ammunition train most likely damaged the rail connection between the Moscow-occupied Kherson region and annexed Crimea, British intelligence said on August 3, as Kyiv admitted that despite supplies of Western weapons the military situation in the east was "hell."
- Ukraine begins mandatory evacuation from Donetsk People's Daily 03 Aug 2022 -- Ukraine has started a mandatory evacuation of people living in parts of eastern Donetsk, Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said Tuesday.
- The fragility of freedom can be protected only by joint actions, there must be an effective architecture of global security - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 03 Aug 2022
- Ukraine is grateful to Estonia for real support - President at a meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia President of Ukraine 03 Aug 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Today, it is not enough to simply sympathize with Ukraine, it is necessary to help with deeds and words, especially by countering Russian propaganda in Asian and African countries President of Ukraine 03 Aug 2022
- The world must make a choice: an end to Russian atrocities or more explosions of Russian bombs - address by the President of Ukraine to students and lecturers of Australian universities President of Ukraine 03 Aug 2022
- Zelenskiy Finds Actions Of Former German Chancellor 'Disgusting' RFE/RL 03 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said he found it "disgusting" that former leaders of important European countries "work for Russia" after former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder said Russia wanted a negotiated solution to the war.
- Ukrainian president, NATO secretary-general discuss aid for Kiev People's Daily 03 Aug 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Tuesday held a phone conversation with Secretary-General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Jens Stoltenberg to discuss assistance for Kiev, the presidential press service reported.
- West could trigger nuclear war over Ukraine: Russia Press TV 03 Aug 2022 -- Russia has dismissed the "utterly unfounded" speculations that it may use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, saying it would only use its nuclear arsenal in response to "direct aggression" by NATO countries over the ongoing conflict in the former Soviet state.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Call With Ukrainian Minister of Defence Oleksii Reznikov DoD 03 Aug 2022
- UN Nuclear Watchdog Chief Pushing To Send Delegation To 'Volatile' Ukrainian Nuclear Plant RFE/RL 03 Aug 2022 -- The situation is "volatile" at the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant in Ukraine, the head of the UN's international nuclear agency said on August 2, as it continues attempts to send a mission to the plant.
- UN Secretariat Refused to Approve IAEA Visit to Zaporozhye Nuclear Plant - Russian FM Sputnik 03 Aug 2022 -- Russia was willing to assist the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) with a potential visit to the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant, but the United Nations Secretariat refused to approve such a visit, Russian Foreign Ministry Nonproliferation and Arms Control Department Deputy Director Igor Vishnevetsky said.
- Ukraine: Black Sea grain shipment success raises hopes more will follow UN News 03 Aug 2022 -- The first, eagerly-awaited commercial shipment of grain to leave the Ukrainian port of Odesa since Russia's invasion more than five months ago, was cleared to proceed to Lebanon on Wednesday, after a scheduled inspection stopover in Istanbul.
- Black Sea Grain Initiative Joint Coordination Centre UNOCHA 03 Aug 2022 -- Inspection of first commercial vessel under the Black Sea Grain Initiative completed
- OSCE Chairman-in-Office and Secretary General announce OSCE support programme for Ukraine OSCE 03 Aug 2022 -- During their visit to Kyiv, the OSCE Chairman-in-Office and Poland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Zbigniew Rau, and OSCE Secretary General, Helga Maria Schmid have announced a new OSCE support programme for Ukraine.
- First Ship Carrying Ukrainian Grain Passes Inspection, Will Continue To Lebanon RFE/RL 03 Aug 2022 -- The inspection of the first ship carrying Ukrainian grain under a UN-brokered deal to resume exports from the war-torn country has been completed and the vessel is expected to pass through the Bosphorus Strait "shortly" as it heads for its final destination in Lebanon.
- First Ship With Ukrainian Grain Cleared to Proceed to Lebanon After Istanbul Inspection Sputnik 03 Aug 2022 -- The first commercial vessel that left Ukraine under the Black Sea grain deal was inspected in Istanbul on Wednesday and cleared to proceed to Lebanon, the Joint Coordination Center (JCC) said.
- First Grain Ship Departs the Black Sea US Dept. of State 03 Aug 2022 -- Today, a commercial vessel carrying Ukrainian grain safely departed the Black Sea for the first time since the start of Russia's full-scale invasion in February.
- Ukrainian Grain Shipment Clears Inspection in Turkey VOA 03 Aug 2022 -- The first cargo ship carrying grain exports from Ukraine since Russia launched its invasion in late February cleared inspection Wednesday in Istanbul and will continue to its destination of Lebanon.
- Coordination center to track 1st grain ship from Ukraine till arrival: official People's Daily 03 Aug 2022 -- The Joint Coordination Center (JCC) in Istanbul will closely monitor the first commercial vessel that left the Ukrainian port of Odesa for Lebanon on Monday until it arrives at the destination, a JCC coordinator said on Tuesday.
- First ship carrying grain from Ukraine reaches Turkey Press TV 03 Aug 2022 -- The first shipment of Ukrainian grain to leave Ukraine since Russia launched a military campaign against the country has reached Turkish waters.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|