29 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official and Senior Military Official Hold a Background Briefing DoD 29 Jul 2022
- Defense Official Says Sanctions Nearly Stall Russian Offensive in Ukraine DoD News 29 Jul 2022 -- Fighting continues in the east and south of Ukraine as Russian advances slow to a crawl, grind to a halt in some places, or are slowly reversed in areas like Kherson, a senior Defense Department official said today.
- Russia, Ukraine Accuse Each Other of Prison Attacks That Killed Ukrainian POWs VOA 29 Jul 2022 -- Dozens of Ukrainian prisoners of war were killed when a prison in eastern Ukraine was destroyed in a missile strike. Russia and Ukraine on Friday accused each other of carrying out the attack. Neither claim could be independently verified.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on July 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Jul 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 29.07 Ukraine MOD 29 Jul 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on July 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Jul 2022
- Ukraine Pushes Attack In South As Russia Faces Troop Shortage In East RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian forces have stepped up their counteroffensive to regain lost territory in the south, as Russia launched deadly strikes in central Ukraine and near the capital amid reports that Moscow has been increasingly facing a shortage of personnel in the east.
- Ukraine Calls For Investigation After Video Purportedly Shows Russian Troops Torturing POW RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian officials have called for an investigation after videos appeared on social media that apparently show Russian soldiers castrating, and then killing, a Ukrainian prisoner of war.
- Zelenskiy Calls Shelling That Killed POWs 'Deliberate Russian War Crime' RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said the shelling of a prison in the eastern Donetsk region holding Ukrainian soldiers was a "deliberate Russian war crime" that claimed more than 50 lives.
- Zelenskiy Says Ukraine Fully Prepared To Start Grain Shipments, Waiting For UN Signal RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says Ukraine is ready to start shipping millions of tons of grain sitting at its southern ports and is waiting for Turkey and the United Nations, which have agreed to oversee the shipments, to start the operation.
- Our diplomats bring information about Russian attack on Olenivka to highest international level; Russia won't be able to lie to anyone - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 29 Jul 2022
- The President of Ukraine held a meeting devoted to the terrorist attack committed by the occupiers in Olenivka, at which a joint statement of representatives of the law enforcement agencies and the Ombudsman was approved President of Ukraine 29 Jul 2022
- It is important that Ukraine remains the guarantor of world food security - President in the Odesa region President of Ukraine 29 Jul 2022
- Joint statement of President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy and President of the Republic of Lithuania Gitanas NausÄ—da President of Ukraine 29 Jul 2022
- Russia holds Kiev responsible for east Ukraine jail attack that killed 40 Press TV 29 Jul 2022 -- Russian defense ministry says Ukrainian forces attacked a prison in separatist-held territory with US-made HIMARS rockets on Friday, killing 40 Ukrainian prisoners of war (POWs) and leaving 75 others wounded.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Call With Ukrainian Minister of Defense Oleksii Reznikov DoD 29 Jul 2022
- Ukraine: Prospects for end to war look bleak, despite 'encouraging' grain deal UN News 29 Jul 2022 -- The war in Ukraine shows no signs of ending, more than five months after the Russian invasion, and fighting is intensifying, the UN Security Council heard on Friday.
- Ukraine: Statement by the High Representative Josep Borrell on the latest Russian atrocities European External Action Service (EEAS) 29 Jul 2022 -- Russia's ongoing illegitimate and unjustified war of aggression against Ukraine and its people brings further horrific atrocities day by day.
- Russia's record of barbarism and criminality in the five months since they invaded Ukraine: UK statement to UN Security Council UK FCDO 29 Jul 2022 -- Statement by Ambassador Barbara Woodard at the Security Council briefing on Ukraine
- State Of Emergency In Moldova Extended For 60 Days RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- Moldova's parliament voted on July 28 to extend a state of emergency for 60 days after the government said it still needed special powers to deal with the fallout from Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- The Week In Russia: The Geography Of Abuse RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- With Russian forces seeking to cement their control and Kyiv fighting to take back its territory, the fate of a swath of southern Ukraine is uncertain. But one thing is clear: As in the north and east, accounts of torture, rape, and other atrocities are emerging as the war grinds on.
- Belarusian Sources See Lingering Russian Threat to Ukraine's North, Disagree on Belarus' Role VOA 29 Jul 2022 -- Exiled Belarusian sources say recent Russian military activities inside Belarus, a key Moscow ally, show Russia is trying to maintain a threat of attack from Belarus against northern Ukraine after failing in a land-based assault on the region housing Ukraine's capital Kyiv earlier this year.
- Life Sentence Handed To Russian Soldier For Killing Ukrainian Civilian Reduced To 15 Years RFE/RL 29 Jul 2022 -- An appeals court in Kyiv has reduced the life sentence handed to a Russian soldier for the murder of an unarmed civilian in the early days of Russia's invasion of Ukraine to 15 years.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|