27 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00, on July 27, 2022 Ukraine MOD 27 Jul 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 27.07 Ukraine MOD 27 Jul 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00, on July 27, 2022 Ukraine MOD 27 Jul 2022
- Ukrainian Forces Strike Key Bridge in South VOA 27 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian forces have struck a strategically important bridge in the southern part of the country, using what a Russia-appointed official said were rocket systems supplied by the United States.
- Ukrainian Defense Official Says Russian Troops Redeploying In Southern Ukraine RFE/RL 27 Jul 2022 -- A Ukrainian defense official says Russian troops are engaged in a massive redeployment in the south of the country, including an area where Ukraine has launched a counteroffensive.
- Every week we strengthen Ukraine, get closer to the European Union, provide forces to confront Russia - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 27 Jul 2022
- Yermak-McFaul's group discussed strengthening sanctions against the Russian Federation with representatives of the Verkhovna Rada President of Ukraine 27 Jul 2022
- In the presence of the Head of State, the Parliament approved the appointment of Andriy Kostin as the Prosecutor General President of Ukraine 27 Jul 2022
- Zelenskiy Says Ukraine Will Increase Electricity Exports To EU As Russia Cuts Gas Supplies RFE/RL 27 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says his country will increase its export of electricity to the European Union and aim to become a guarantor of European energy security as Russia cuts gas flows to the bloc.
- Ukraine's Parliament Approves Kostin As New Prosecutor General RFE/RL 27 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine's parliament has approved a proposal by President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to appoint Andriy Kostin as prosecutor-general after the dismissal of Iryna Venediktova from the post last week, a move that put a spotlight on Kyiv's battle to purge its powerful security agencies of collaborators and Russian agents after Moscow launched a war against Ukraine on February 24.
- Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova on the OSCE ODIHR report Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 27 Jul 2022
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Odessa port strike shouldn't affect grain export deal, says Kremlin People's Daily 27 Jul 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Treasury Department Signs Agreement to Contribute $500 million to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to Support Ukraine and Other Affected Countries US Treasury 27 Jul 2022 -- Today, Assistant Secretary for International Trade and Development Alexia Latortue participated in a virtual signing ceremony with European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) President Odile Renaud-Basso for a $500 million U.S. contribution to the EBRD to support businesses and public services affected by Russia's war in Ukraine as well as other countries impacted by the war.
- United States and Ukraine Expand Cooperation on Cybersecurity CISA 27 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Ukrainian State Service of Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine (SSSCIP) signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) this week to strengthen collaboration on shared cybersecurity priorities.
- Joint Coordination Centre opens in Istanbul to facilitate safe export of commercial foodstuffs and fertilizers from Ukrainian ports UNOCHA 27 Jul 2022 -- The Joint Coordination Centre (JCC) was officially inaugurated today in Istanbul, comprising representatives of Ukraine, the Russian Federation, TÃ¼rkiye and the United Nations.
- Ukraine to get 1.6 bln euros from European Investment Bank: PM People's Daily 27 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine will get some 1.6 billion euros (about 1.62 billion U.S. dollars) from the European Investment Bank (EIB), Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal announced on Tuesday.
- Germany Reportedly Allows Sale of 100 Howitzers to Ukraine Sputnik 27 Jul 2022 -- The German government has approved the direct sale of 100 howitzers to Ukraine, Spiegel reported on Wednesday.
- War in Ukraine - Military support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 27 Jul 2022 -- This list provides an overview of lethal and non-lethal German military support for Ukraine. It contains deliveries from the German Armed Forces, as well as deliveries from German industry financed by German funds for security capacity building.
- Macron Says Russia's 'Imperial War' Is So Last Century RFE/RL 27 Jul 2022 -- French President Emmanuel Macron said Russia's invasion of Ukraine is like a "war from the early 20th, even the 19th century," calling Russia "one of the last imperial colonial powers."
- Turkey Opens Grain Coordination Center As Kyiv Says Three Southern Ports Now In Operation RFE/RL 27 Jul 2022 -- Turkish officials have opened a joint coordination center for Ukrainian grain exports and expect shipments to begin in the coming days as Kyiv said work had resumed at three Black Sea ports designated under a recent UN-brokered deal with Russia for the flow of grain that has been blocked by Moscow's invasion.
- Interview: Can Kyiv Launch An Offensive To Take Back Southern Ukraine? RFE/RL 27 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian forces continue to use U.S.-supplied precision rocket systems to target Russian supply lines in occupied parts of southern Ukraine as Kyiv signals the possible launching of a major counteroffensive in the region.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|