25 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The gas war that Russia is waging against Europe is a form of terror, so it is necessary to hit back - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 25 Jul 2022
- President of Ukraine: At the time of the full-scale invasion of Russia, it is necessary to pay special attention to important pages of our state formation President of Ukraine 25 Jul 2022
- Ukraine will continue to do everything to export grain, and the issue of ship safety depends on international partners who agreed with the Russian Federation - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 25 Jul 2022
- Joint Statement by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy and President of the Republic of Guatemala Alejandro Eduardo Giammattei Falla President of Ukraine 25 Jul 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy had a meeting with the President of Guatemala who visited our country for the first time in the history of bilateral relations President of Ukraine 25 Jul 2022
- Kubrakov Says First Grain Shipments From Ukraine May Be This Week RFE/RL 25 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian Infrastructure Minister Oleksandr Kubrakov says he hopes the first shipments of grain under a deal mediated by the United Nations and Turkey will leave the country's Chornomorsk port this week.
- Zelenskiy Urges Europe To Increase Sanctions On Russia Over Gazprom's 'Gas War' RFE/RL 25 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy urged Europe to retaliate against Russia's "gas war" by boosting its sanctions against Moscow after Gazprom announced that it will cut daily gas deliveries through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline to 20 percent of capacity later this week.
- Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova's reply to a media question regarding the EU decision to allocate an additional 500 million euros for arms supplies to Ukraine Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 25 Jul 2022
- Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova on the safety of nuclear facilities in Ukraine Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 25 Jul 2022
- Russian FM says grain deal with Kiev stands despite missile attack on Ukraine's Odessa Press TV 25 Jul 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov says the missile attack on Ukraine's Odesa port did not target the grain terminal of the port city and has not created any obstacles to the implementation of a recent grain deal signed between the two countries.
- Moscow says Odesa strike targeted US-supplied arms, not grain exports Press TV 25 Jul 2022 -- Russia says that western-supplied weapons were destroyed in a strike on the southern Ukrainian port city of Odessa on Saturday.
- Supplying Weapons to Kiev, EU Invests in Further Hostilities - Russian Foreign Ministry Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The European Union continues to invest in further hostilities with the supply of weapons and equipment to Ukraine, but any attempt to achieve victory on the battlefield is a road to the abyss for both Kiev and Brussels, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said.
- Kremlin: Odessa Port Strike Should Not Affect Grain Export Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- A Russian strike at the Ukrainian military targets in the Odessa port is not related to facilities used for grain exports and should not affect this process, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday.
- FSB Thwarts NATO-Supervised Ukrainian Intel Operation to Hijack Russian Combat Aircraft Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) said on Monday that it had thwarted a Ukrainian military intelligence operation supervised by the special services of NATO countries to hijack the Russian Aerospace Forces' combat aircraft.
- More HIMARS, 'Phoenix Ghost' Drones Bound for Ukraine DoD News 25 Jul 2022 -- The Defense Department has announced another package of security assistance for Ukraine, which will include additional High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, ammunition and a substantial number of Phoenix Ghost unmanned aerial systems.
- U.S. Congressman Adam Smith Says Long-Range Weapons Key To Ukraine Victory RFE/RL 25 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Representative Adam Smith, chair of the House Armed Services Committee, says Washington hopes to significantly increase the amount of long-range weaponry Ukraine has to defeat Russia and thwart President Vladimir Putin's brutal, unprovoked attack on the country.
- US Cancels 'Essential' Navy Drills in Black Sea Over Conflict in Ukraine, Media Reports Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The US Navy canceled "essential" Sea Breeze 2022 exercise in the Black Sea over Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, Newsweek reported on Monday, citing unnamed US officials.
- US Cyber Agency Says Cyber Activity 'Key Part' of Russia's Ukraine Military Operation Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- Cyber activities have been a key part of Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, Executive Director of the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Brandon Wales said on Monday.
- UN: Ukraine Grain Exports Should Begin Again Within Days VOA 25 Jul 2022 -- The United Nations said Monday that grain exports from Ukraine should begin again within days even as it condemned Russian shelling in the key Black Sea port city of Odesa within hours of agreeing to the resumption of the food shipments.
- New EU Tranche Allocated to Ukraine Brings Total Military Assistance to $2.5Bln Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The European Union has agreed to disburse additional 500 million euros ($512 million) under the European Peace Facility mechanism to fund the military needs of Ukraine, thus bringing the total amount of EU military aid to Kiev to 2.5 billion euros, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said on Monday.
- EIB Board, supported by the EU Commission, approves â‚¬1.59 billion of EU financial assistance for Ukraine European Commission 25 Jul 2022 -- The Russian war in Ukraine has had a devastating impact on the country's people, infrastructure and economy. In view of this extremely challenging situation in Ukraine, the Board of Directors of the European Investment Bank (EIB) today approved a further â‚¬1.59 billion of financial support for Ukraine to address the country's infrastructure financing gap and urgent needs. â‚¬1.05 billion will be made available immediately.
- Slovakia Yet to Decide on Transferring 11 MiG-29 to Ukraine - Minister Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The Slovak authorities have not yet resolved the issue of transferring 11 MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine, Defense Minister Jaroslav Nad said on Monday.
- Defence Secretary visits Slovakia to discuss support for Ukraine UK MOD 25 Jul 2022 -- Ben Wallace, the first Defence Secretary to visit Slovakia in over a decade, met with Defence Minister Jaroslav Nad in Bratislava for talks on how we can work even more closely to enhance our support.
- UK Special Forces Reportedly Trained Ukrainians in Push for Zmeiny Island Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The island, also known as Snake Island, fell under Russia's control after the start of the special military operation in Ukraine. Moscow abandoned it on June 30 as a "gesture of goodwill", with its Defense Ministry explaining that it wanted to demonstrate that it creates no obstacles to the UN mission to open a grain export corridor from Ukraine.
- Ottawa Confirms Death Of Canadian Citizen In Ukraine RFE/RL 25 Jul 2022 -- Canada has confirmed that one of its citizens died recently in Ukraine.
- Wheat Prices Up Sharply After Strike On Odesa, Despite Moscow Denying Impact Of Attack RFE/RL 25 Jul 2022 -- Wheat prices rose sharply on July 25 after Russian missiles struck the Ukrainian port of Odesa over the weekend despite claims by the Kremlin that the strike targeted military installations and would not affect grain exports.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|