Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- More HIMARS, 'Phoenix Ghost' Drones Bound for Ukraine DoD News 25 Jul 2022 -- The Defense Department has announced another package of security assistance for Ukraine, which will include additional High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, ammunition and a substantial number of Phoenix Ghost unmanned aerial systems.
- U.S. Congressman Adam Smith Says Long-Range Weapons Key To Ukraine Victory RFE/RL 25 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Representative Adam Smith, chair of the House Armed Services Committee, says Washington hopes to significantly increase the amount of long-range weaponry Ukraine has to defeat Russia and thwart President Vladimir Putin's brutal, unprovoked attack on the country.
- US Cancels 'Essential' Navy Drills in Black Sea Over Conflict in Ukraine, Media Reports Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The US Navy canceled "essential" Sea Breeze 2022 exercise in the Black Sea over Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, Newsweek reported on Monday, citing unnamed US officials.
- US Cyber Agency Says Cyber Activity 'Key Part' of Russia's Ukraine Military Operation Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- Cyber activities have been a key part of Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, Executive Director of the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Brandon Wales said on Monday.
- UN: Ukraine Grain Exports Should Begin Again Within Days VOA 25 Jul 2022 -- The United Nations said Monday that grain exports from Ukraine should begin again within days even as it condemned Russian shelling in the key Black Sea port city of Odesa within hours of agreeing to the resumption of the food shipments.
- New EU Tranche Allocated to Ukraine Brings Total Military Assistance to $2.5Bln Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The European Union has agreed to disburse additional 500 million euros ($512 million) under the European Peace Facility mechanism to fund the military needs of Ukraine, thus bringing the total amount of EU military aid to Kiev to 2.5 billion euros, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said on Monday.
- EIB Board, supported by the EU Commission, approves â‚¬1.59 billion of EU financial assistance for Ukraine European Commission 25 Jul 2022 -- The Russian war in Ukraine has had a devastating impact on the country's people, infrastructure and economy. In view of this extremely challenging situation in Ukraine, the Board of Directors of the European Investment Bank (EIB) today approved a further â‚¬1.59 billion of financial support for Ukraine to address the country's infrastructure financing gap and urgent needs. â‚¬1.05 billion will be made available immediately.
- Slovakia Yet to Decide on Transferring 11 MiG-29 to Ukraine - Minister Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The Slovak authorities have not yet resolved the issue of transferring 11 MiG-29 fighter jets to Ukraine, Defense Minister Jaroslav Nad said on Monday.
- Defence Secretary visits Slovakia to discuss support for Ukraine UK MOD 25 Jul 2022 -- Ben Wallace, the first Defence Secretary to visit Slovakia in over a decade, met with Defence Minister Jaroslav Nad in Bratislava for talks on how we can work even more closely to enhance our support.
- UK Special Forces Reportedly Trained Ukrainians in Push for Zmeiny Island Sputnik 25 Jul 2022 -- The island, also known as Snake Island, fell under Russia's control after the start of the special military operation in Ukraine. Moscow abandoned it on June 30 as a "gesture of goodwill", with its Defense Ministry explaining that it wanted to demonstrate that it creates no obstacles to the UN mission to open a grain export corridor from Ukraine.
- Ottawa Confirms Death Of Canadian Citizen In Ukraine RFE/RL 25 Jul 2022 -- Canada has confirmed that one of its citizens died recently in Ukraine.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list