23 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukraine says Russia targeted Odessa port; Russia denies vehemently Press TV 23 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine has said that Russian missiles struck the key Black Sea port of Odessa, an incident that Moscow said had nothing do to with and is looking into it very closely.
- Russia Denies Striking Port City of Odesa VOA 23 Jul 2022 -- Turkey said Russia has denied any involvement in missile strikes Saturday on the southern Ukrainian port of Odesa.
- Russia Bombs Odesa Port, Compromising Ukrainian Grain Deal VOA 23 Jul 2022 -- Russian missiles struck infrastructure in Ukraine's port of Odesa Saturday, one day after Russia and Ukraine signed U.N.-backed agreements to reopen Black Sea ports to resume grain exports.
- 'Heavy Fighting' in Ukraine, Reports Britain's Defense Ministry VOA 23 Jul 2022 -- Britain's Defense Ministry said early Saturday that in the last 48 hours heavy fighting has been taking place as Ukrainian forces have continued their offensive against Russian forces in Kherson Oblast, west of the River Dnipro.
- Ukraine Says Russian Missiles Hit Odesa Port, Key To Grain Export Deal RFE/RL 23 Jul 2022 -- Russia bombed Ukraine's port of Odesa, a strategic Black Sea terminal, on July 23, a day after a landmark deal was signed between the two warring nations to resume grain exports.
- Thirteen Russian Missiles Hit Central Ukraine, Killing At Least Three People RFE/RL 23 Jul 2022 -- Thirteen Russian missiles hit a military airfield as well as railway infrastructure in Ukraine's central Kirovohrad region early on July 23, killing at least three people, the regional governor said.
- Armed Forces of Ukraine advancing step by step in Kherson region - address of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 23 Jul 2022
- The war did not break Ukraine and will not break or stop life in our country - address of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy at the second Summit of First Ladies and Gentlemen President of Ukraine 23 Jul 2022
- President of Ukraine meets with US Congress' House delegation President of Ukraine 23 Jul 2022
- International working group reviews draft recommendations on security guarantees for Ukraine President of Ukraine 23 Jul 2022
- Zelensky: Grain exports deal fully meets Ukraine's interests People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- The agreement on grain exports separately signed by Russia and Ukraine in Istanbul, TÃ¼rkiye, fully meets Ukraine's interests, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Friday.
- The United States Strongly Condemns the Russian Missile Attack Against Odesa US Dept. of State 23 Jul 2022 -- The United States strongly condemns the Russian missile attack on the Ukrainian port of Odesa today. Just 24 hours after finalizing a deal to allow the resumption of Ukrainian agricultural exports through the Black Sea, Russia breached its commitments by attacking the historic port from which grain and agricultural exports would again be transported under this arrangement.
- US says weighs sending American-made fighter jets to Ukraine Press TV 23 Jul 2022 -- The US is considering the possibility of supplying American fighter jets to Ukraine, a White House spokesman said, further unveiling the latest weapons bundle for Kiev.
- West Aims To Deliver Up To 30 Precision Rocket Launch Systems To Ukraine, Says U.S. Congressman RFE/RL 23 Jul 2022 -- The United States and its Western allies could potentially deliver up to 30 multiple-launch rocket systems to Ukraine that have been highly effective so far in destroying Russian arms depots, a senior U.S. congressman said.
- Two Americans killed in Ukraine combat: US State Department Press TV 23 Jul 2022 -- The US Department of State has confirmed two more American citizens have died while fighting against Russians in eastern Ukraine.
- White House announces 270-mln-USD security assistance to Ukraine People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- The White House announced Friday that the United States will provide Ukraine with an additional package of security assistance worth 270 million U.S. dollars.
- Guterres condemns missile strikes in Ukranian Black Sea port of Odesa UN News 23 Jul 2022 -- The UN Secretary-General 'unequivocally' condemned the reported strikes this Saturday in the port of Odesa. The attack took place less than 24 hours after the signing of the Black Sea agreements on the export of grain from Ukrainian ports.
- Black Sea grain exports agreement "a beacon of hope": UN chief People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- The agreement to resume grain shipments from Ukrainian ports to international markets via the Black Sea is "a beacon of hope" for the world, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said on Friday.
- Orban Calls For U.S.-Russia Talks On Ukraine War; Says Kyiv Can't Win RFE/RL 23 Jul 2022 -- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has called on the United States and Russia to hold peace talks to end the war in Ukraine, adding that Kyiv cannot win against Moscow's larger force.
- Interview: Military Analyst Says Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Is Now A 'War Of Attrition' RFE/RL 23 Jul 2022 -- More than five months since Russia invaded Ukraine, a war of attrition has emerged with losses of materiel and men on both sides, not advances on the ground, becoming the key barometer of the conflict, a leading U.S.-based expert on Russia's military has told RFE/RL's Georgian Service.
- Grain Deal Appears Set to Proceed, Despite Missile Strike on Odesa VOA 23 Jul 2022 -- Grain storage facilities at the Odesa port were not damaged in an attack early Saturday, the Ukrainian military's Southern Command said.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Deal to resume grain shipments from Ukrainian ports signed in Istanbul People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Historic deal to resume grain exports from Ukraine signed in Istanbul People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- Russia and Ukraine signed a long-awaited deal here on Friday to safely transfer Ukrainian grain, foodstuff, and fertilizer to international markets under the supervision of the United Nations.
- Crimea Announces End of Energy Blockade Arranged by Kiev Sputnik 23 Jul 2022 -- The reconstruction of blown up transmission towers in the Kherson region put an end to the last remaining blockade arranged by the Kiev authorities in relation to Crimea, Oleg Kryuchkov, an adviser to the head of the republic on information policy, said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|