Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
19 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukraine's Parliament Approves Firing Of Top Prosecutor, Head Of Security Service RFE/RL 19 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine's parliament has approved a proposal by President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to fire Prosecutor-General Iryna Venediktova, two days after he announced he was removing her and another top security official from their posts over dozens of alleged cases of collaboration with Russia by officials at agencies they supervise.
- OSCE Chairman-in-Office and Secretary General call for immediate release of detained OSCE staff in Donetsk and Luhansk OSCE 19 Jul 2022 -- OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Foreign Minister of Poland, Zbigniew Rau, and OSCE Secretary General, Helga Maria Schmid, today reiterated their call for the unconditional and immediate release of three national Mission members of the OSCE's Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM), detained in Donetsk and Luhansk for more than three months.
- Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the European Union on malicious cyber activities conducted by hackers and hacker groups in the context of Russia's aggression against Ukraine EC/CEU 19 Jul 2022 -- Russia's unprovoked and unjustified military aggression against Ukraine has been accompanied by a significant increase of malicious cyber activities, including by a striking and concerning number of hackers and hacker groups indiscriminately targeting essential entities globally.
- EU Supply of Military Aid to Ukraine Drains Bloc's Stock of Armaments Sputnik 19 Jul 2022 -- The European Union is now short of ammunition, artillery, defense systems, and battle vehicles due to deliveries of military aid to Ukraine, creating a major vulnerability for the bloc, EU Commissioner for the Internal Market Thierry Breton said on Tuesday.
- Ukrainian FM welcomes new 500-mln-euro military aid from EU People's Daily 19 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba on Monday welcomed the decision of the European Union (EU) to provide the fifth tranche of military aid for Kiev worth 500 million euros (507.7 million U.S. dollars) under the European Peace Facility (EPF).
- EU agrees additional 500 mln euros in military aid for Ukraine People's Daily 19 Jul 2022 -- The foreign ministers of the European Union (EU) member states on Monday agreed to grant Ukraine an additional 500 million euros (507.7 million U.S. dollars) in EU military aid.
- EU approves another 500 million euros in military aid to Ukraine Press TV 19 Jul 2022 -- The European Union has approved another 500 million euros to supply arms to Ukraine, taking the bloc's total financial support for Kiev to 2.5 billion euros.
- Russia's illegal war against Ukraine increases risk of trafficking: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 19 Jul 2022 -- Justin Addison (UK delegation) speaks at an OSCE session on countering trafficking in human beings in the context of armed conflict.
- An article by the Federal Chancellor - After the watershed Germany - Federal Government 19 Jul 2022 -- Putin's attack on Ukraine has created a new reality - Much cannot remain as it is, even in Germany and the European Union.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list