16 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Fighting Centers in Ukraine's Eastern Donbas Region VOA 16 Jul 2022 -- Fighting raged in Ukraine's eastern Donbas region as Russian and Ukrainian forces exchanged artillery fire Saturday. Earlier, Russian cruise missiles exploded across several Ukrainian cities and towns including damaging residential buildings.
- Russia orders troops to step up operations in eastern Ukraine Press TV 16 Jul 2022 -- Russia's Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has ordered military units to step up operations to prevent strikes on Russian-controlled areas in eastern Ukraine.
- Russia Orders Troop To Intensify Attacks As Missiles, Shelling Blast Ukrainian Cities RFE/RL 16 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian authorities reported that Russian missile strikes and shelling had killed at least 16 civilians in cities throughout the country after the Kremlin's military leaders said they had ordered troops to "further intensify" their actions in all areas.
- Russian Defense Minister Orders to Boost Offensive to Prevent Ukrainian Strikes Against Civilians Sputnik 16 Jul 2022 -- Kiev's troops have been targeting civilian infrastructure over the past months, which has led to multiple deaths in Donbass and in the Kherson region.
- Russia's missiles, artillery not to be able to break our unity, to throw us off our path - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 16 Jul 2022
- Ukraine calls on bosses of US, European banks to sever ties with groups that trade Russian oil, stop lending to Russian war crimes - Oleg Ustenko President of Ukraine 16 Jul 2022
- Ukraine gets M270 multiple launch rocket systems: defense minister People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine has received M270 multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) from its partners, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said on Friday.
- Ukraine accumulates 59.5 pct of natural gas needed for heating season: PM People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine has accumulated 11.3 billion cubic meters of natural gas in its storages, or 59.5 percent of the country's needs for powering its heating facilities during the cold season, Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said on Friday.
- Source Suggests That Russian Tornado-S Smart Missiles Surpass US HIMARS Munitions Sputnik 16 Jul 2022 -- Precision-guided munition of the Russian Tornado-S multiple rocket launcher have demonstrated high accuracy and efficiency in Ukraine and have an advantage over the smart weapons of the US HIMARS (High Mobility Artillery Rocket System), an informed source told Sputnik.
- U.S. may train Ukrainian pilots on F-15, F-16 fighter jets People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- The United States may train Ukrainian pilots on F-15 and F-16 fighter jets, Andriy Yermak, the head of the Ukrainian presidential office, said on Friday.
- Yellen Touts Progress On Russian Oil Price Cap, But Summit Of G20 Finance Chiefs Ends Without Communique RFE/RL 16 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said Group of 20 finance chiefs had productive talks in Indonesia about a proposal to cap the prices countries would pay for Russian oil.
- Ukraine: Declaration by the High Representative on behalf of the EU on the occasion of the 8th anniversary of the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 EC/CEU 16 Jul 2022 -- On 17 July, we commemorate the eighth anniversary of the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, when 298 people of 17 different nationalities lost their lives. The European Union continues to feel deep sympathy for all those who lost their loved ones.
- EU to ban Russian gold imports in new sanctions package People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- The European Commission on Friday adopted a proposal for a seventh package of measures that will ban the importation of Russian gold.
- EU Executive Proposes New Sanctions On Russia, Including Import Ban On Gold RFE/RL 16 Jul 2022 -- The European Union has targeted Russian gold exports in a seventh package of sanctions proposed by the European Commission on July 15.
- Hungary PM slams EU's bans on Russia as 'shot in the lungs' Press TV 16 Jul 2022 -- Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban has blasted the European Union for imposing ill-considered sanctions on Russia, saying the bloc "shot itself in the lungs" by doing so.
- Ankara Hopes to Quickly Implement Ukrainian Grain Plan Sputnik 16 Jul 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, during a telephone conversation with his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron, said on Saturday that if the plan for Ukrainian grain is quickly implemented, then the situation with global food security can be eased.
- Political Crisis in Italy May Halt Arms Deliveries to Ukraine, Foreign Minister Says Sputnik 16 Jul 2022 -- The unfolding political crisis in Italy may spell a halt in arms supplies to Ukraine, Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio said.
- Iran dismisses U.S. "lies" over Iran's involvement in Ukraine war People's Daily 16 Jul 2022 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry on Thursday rejected a U.S. official's claims as "lies" about Iran's alleged involvement in the Ukraine conflict.
- EU Marks Anniversary Of Downing Of MH17 Over Eastern Ukraine In 2014 RFE/RL 16 Jul 2022 -- The EU's top diplomat has issued a statement expressing sympathy ahead of the day nearly eight years ago that local separatists working with a missile system deployed by Russian intelligence officials are accused of having shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|