09 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Russia Intensifies Attacks in South and East Ukraine VOA 09 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine reported heavy Russian missile and rocket strikes in the east and south on Saturday. A missile strike on the northeastern city of Kharkiv wounded three civilians, its governor said, though Russia's main attacks appeared focused on the eastern industrial region of Donbas.
- Ukraine Says It's Pushing Back Against Russian Forces Trying To Advance West RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- A regional governor said Ukrainian forces were pushing back against Russian efforts to advance into the eastern Donetsk region, as Ukraine officials urged Western allies to send more weapons.
- Russia's terrorist actions can be stopped only with modern, high-precision, potent weapons - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 09 Jul 2022
- President holds meeting devoted to construction of infrastructure facilities amid Russian aggression President of Ukraine 09 Jul 2022
- President of Ukraine meets with President of French Senate, French senators President of Ukraine 09 Jul 2022
- Zelenskiy Removes Ukraine's Ambassador To Germany, Others In Diplomatic Shake-Up RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has dismissed Kyiv's ambassadors to five countries, including Germany, and several other envoys, according to presidential decrees announced on July 9.
- About 1 mln people defending Ukraine: defense minister People's Daily 09 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine's Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said Friday that about 1 million people are participating in defending Ukraine, the government-run Ukrinform news agency reported.
- Ukraine cancels licensing of wheat exports People's Daily 09 Jul 2022 -- The Ukrainian government has canceled the licensing of the exports of wheat and meslin -- a mixture of wheat and rye, the country's Agrarian Policy and Food Ministry said in a statement on Friday.
- Officials on the ground must do more than possible to guarantee people a normal standard of living in wartime conditions - address of President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 09 Jul 2022
- Russia to liberate entire Donbas, unlikely to leave southern Ukraine: Ambssador to London Press TV 09 Jul 2022 -- Russia's ambassador to London says his country is going to liberate the entirety of Ukraine's breakaway Donbas region and is also unlikely to pull out of the vast expanses of Ukraine's south, which it has captured since the launch of its military operation in the ex-Soviet republic.
- $400 million in New U.S. Military Assistance for Ukraine US Dept. of State 09 Jul 2022 -- The Ukrainian people continue to courageously defend their nation in the face of Russia's unlawful and unprovoked invasion. The United States salutes their bravery, and we will stand by them as long as it takes.
- US to ship $400mn more in arms, advanced artillery to Ukraine Press TV 09 Jul 2022 -- US President Joe Biden has signed off a new weapons shipment worth $400 million for Ukraine that includes four additional high mobility artillery rocket systems (HIMARS) and more ammunition.
- Additional Humanitarian Assistance for the People of Ukraine US Dept. of State 09 Jul 2022
- U.S. Announces $368 Million In Additional Humanitarian Aid To Ukraine RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced a new round of humanitarian aid to Ukraine, with nearly $368 million worth of assistance going on top of previously announced military support.
- US Sending 'Billions' to Fund Ukraine Government Operations VOA 09 Jul 2022 -- Since Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine started in February, talks of support for Kyiv have largely centered around weapons and ammunition. But Washington is also sending large amounts of money to fund Ukrainian government operations, U.S. officials said this week, as U.S. and European officials affirmed support for Ukraine's reconstruction, following the conclusion of the recent Lugano Conference.
- WFP Says Millions in Ukraine Having Trouble Finding Enough Food VOA 09 Jul 2022 -- The World Food Program reports millions of Ukrainians are having difficulty finding enough food as Russia's invasion continues.
- First Group Of Ukrainian Soldiers Begin Training In Britain RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- The first group of an expected 10,000 Ukrainian military recruits to receive training in the United Kingdom in the upcoming months have arrived in Britain and begun exercises, the Defense Ministry said.
- British forces start training Ukrainian recruits into frontline soldiers Press TV 09 Jul 2022 -- The first group of new Ukrainian recruits has started to be trained into frontline soldiers by British forces across the United Kingdom, as London pledges to continue its military and financial assistance to Kiev in its war with Moscow.
- Defence Secretary Ben Wallace visits Armed Forces of Ukraine as training programme starts across the UK UK MOD 09 Jul 2022 -- The first cohort of Ukrainian soldiers taking part in a major new UK-led military programme, which will train up to 10,000 Ukrainians over the coming months, have arrived in the UK.
- UK Kicks Off 'World Class' Basic Training of 10,000 Ukrainians Every Four Months to Throw at Russia Sputnik 09 Jul 2022 -- On Thursday, Russian President Vladimir Putin called the West's desire "to fight [Russia] to the last Ukrainian" a "tragedy for the Ukrainian people," and stressed that the US and its allies wouldn't be able to win the proxy war they instigated in 2014.
- Blinken asks China to stand up against Russia's war in Ukraine Press TV 09 Jul 2022 -- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken called on Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi to stand up against Russia's war in Ukraine when they met at the G20 summit on the Indonesian island of Bali on Saturday.
- Blinken Assails China's 'Alignment With Russia' Over Ukraine Invasion RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told his Chinese counterpart that Beijing's political support for Russia's war with Ukraine is complicating the relationship with Washington.
- Blinken Raises Concerns about Ukraine with Chinese Counterpart VOA 09 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told his Chinese counterpart Saturday that China's support for Russia's war in Ukraine is complicating U.S.-Chinese relations at a time when they are already beset by rifts and enmity over numerous other issues. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi blamed the U.S. for the downturn in relations and said American policy has been derailed by what he called a misperception of China as a threat.
- 'As Much As It Takes, As Long As It Takes': What The West Should Do To Support Ukraine RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- Douglas Lute, a lieutenant general in the U.S. Army, served as Washington's permanent representative to NATO from 2013 to 2017. In an interview with RFE/RL's Georgian Service, he discusses Georgia and NATO after the military's alliance's key summit in Madrid and argues that Ukraine is getting the right kind of weapons from the West, just not enough of them.
- Protection Or Cover-Up? Ukraine Destroyed Secret Documents In Major Criminal Cases As Russia Invaded RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine's State Investigative Bureau destroyed secret documents pertaining to major criminal cases, including against leading political figures, hours before and after Russia's invasion in February, three law enforcement sources told Current Time.
- 'Teaching Children To Hate': Russian Occupation Officials Preparing To 'Russify' Ukrainian Schools RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- Parents and educators in the Russian-occupied areas of southern Ukraine say the occupation authorities are using blackmail to compel them to cooperate with pro-Moscow schools being created for the coming academic year.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|