08 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing DoD 08 Jul 2022
- Ukraine Holding Its Own Against Major World Military Power, U.S. Official Says DoD News 08 Jul 2022 -- The Russians are making "slow and uneven advances" through northern Donetsk, a senior military official said speaking on background today.
- Ukrainian Cities Hit By Deadly Air Strikes As Russian Forces Continue Push To Seize Donbas RFE/RL 08 Jul 2022 -- Russian forces used more air strikes to push ahead with their effort to take control of the eastern Donbas region of Ukraine amid a warning from Russian President Vladimir Putin that Russia has not yet started its campaign in earnest.
- Russian forces hit ammunition depots, Ukrainian troops in Donetsk People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- Russia's aerospace forces have destroyed temporary deployment points and ammunition depots near the city of Artemovsk in Donetsk, the Russian Defense Ministry said Thursday.
- President got himself acquainted with the current situation in the Dnipropetrovsk region under martial law President of Ukraine 08 Jul 2022
- Address by the President to the Parliament of Slovenia President of Ukraine 08 Jul 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy held a meeting regarding the operational situation in the territory of the Kryvyi Rih district of the Dnipropetrovsk region President of Ukraine 08 Jul 2022
- Peace negotiations between Russia, Ukraine to get more difficult with time: Putin People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- Russia is open to peace talks, and the negotiations with Ukraine will get more difficult with time passing by, Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday.
- Memorandum on the Delegation of Authority Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 The White House 08 Jul 2022
- $400 Million in Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 08 Jul 2022 -- Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $400 million to meet critical needs for Ukraine's fight. This authorization is the Biden Administration's fifteenth drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.
- Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine DoD 08 Jul 2022 -- The United States has now committed $2.2 billion of security assistance to Ukraine in the last three weeks as we support their fight to defend their democracy. In total, the United States has committed approximately $8 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration.
- Precision Artillery Rounds Included in Latest Security Assistance Package to Ukraine DoD News 08 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. is planning to provide more assistance to Ukraine with another presidential drawdown authority security package valued at $400 million. Included in this latest set of gear and supplies is something the U.S. has previously not sent to Ukraine: 1,000 rounds of 155 mm artillery billed as having greater precision.
- US Sending $400 Million in Military Aid to Ukraine to Bolster High-Precision Capabilities VOA 08 Jul 2022 -- The United States is sending more military aid to Ukraine aimed at helping Ukrainian forces target, disrupt and destroy Russia's ability to wage war in the Donbas region and beyond.
- HIMARS: U.S. Sends More Advanced Rocket Systems To Ukraine To Further Slow Russian Advance In East RFE/RL 08 Jul 2022 -- The United States says it will send more long-range multiple-launch rocket systems to Ukraine as Kyiv's forces prepared for a slow Russian advance to grab more territory in the eastern Donbas region.
- Ukraine war: 'Please, let us in,' WHO issues plea to reach sick and injured UN News 08 Jul 2022 -- The UN health agency (WHO) issued an urgent appeal on Friday for access to sick and injured people caught up in the war in Ukraine, including "hundreds" of landmine victims, "premature babies, pregnant woman, older people, many of whom have been left behind".
- WHO Expands Health Care for Millions of War Victims in Ukraine VOA 08 Jul 2022 -- The World Health Organization reports it is expanding its life-saving mission throughout Ukraine to provide physical and mental care to a growing number of war victims deprived of treatment.
- G20 Ministers Make Little Headway on Ukraine VOA 08 Jul 2022 -- The war in Ukraine and its impact on energy and food supplies dominated G-20 talks Friday in Bali.
- G20 Diplomats Find No Common Ground As Western Countries Press Russia Over War In Ukraine RFE/RL 08 Jul 2022 -- Diplomats from the world's major industrialized nations failed on July 8 to find common ground over Russia's war in Ukraine and how to deal with its impact on grain shipments and energy markets.
- G20 Foreign Ministers Urged to 'Find a Way Forward' on Ukraine, Food VOA 08 Jul 2022 -- The war in Ukraine and its impact on energy and food supplies dominated G-20 talks Friday in Bali.
- OSCE Special Representative on Youth and Security and Senior Gender Adviser visit Polish-Ukrainian border to assess situation of women and children fleeing war in Ukraine OSCE 08 Jul 2022 -- Special Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office on Youth and Security Maria Raczynska and OSCE Senior Adviser on Gender Issues Lara Scarpitta visited the Polish-Ukrainian border on 4 and 5 July 2022 where they gathered information on the situation of refugees from Ukraine, as 1.2 million (94 % of whom are women and children), are officially registered, with access to health care, education and employment.
- CEB approves â‚¬465 million in new loans, appoints new vice-governors and agrees on Ukraine's accession to the Bank at zero cost Council of Europe 08 Jul 2022 -- The governing bodies of the Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB) have discussed its strategic and policy priorities, with a focus on Ukraine's membership. Noting that the process is well advanced, CEB members states agreed, as a tangible sign of support, to relieve the country from any payment requirement for accession to the Bank.
- EU home affairs ministers discuss the effects of the war in Ukraine on the Union's internal security Finnish Government 08 Jul 2022 -- The EU home affairs ministers will hold an informal meeting of the Justice and Home Affairs Council on 11 July in Prague. The meeting will be the first during the Czech Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The Ministers will discuss the effects of the war in Ukraine on the EU's internal security, fight against child sexual abuse, and interoperability between EU information systems in the justice and home affairs sector.
- Boris Johnson Resigns: Is British Military Aid for Ukraine at Risk? VOA 08 Jul 2022 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been one of the West's most ardent supporters of Ukraine in its war with Russia. So will his resignation, announced Thursday, prompt a change of policy from Britain?
- Chinese FM expounds on major concerns about situation in Ukraine People's Daily 08 Jul 2022 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Thursday exchanged views with Indian External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar on the Ukraine issue during his attendance at the Group of 20 (G20) Foreign Ministers' Meeting in Indonesia's tourist island of Bali.
- The Week In Russia: Blood And Bluster In Ukraine RFE/RL 08 Jul 2022 -- Despite battlefield setbacks, heavy losses, and slow going during weeks of fierce fighting in the Donbas, politicians and pundits in Moscow are sounding self-assured about the outcome of the war in Ukraine, and President Vladimir Putin taunted Kyiv and the West with a warning that Russia is just getting started. Is it confidence born of calculation or a bully's bluff?
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|