07 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukraine Raises Flag on Snake Island, but Russia Quickly Attacks Black Sea Outpost VOA 07 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine hoisted its blue-and-yellow flag on Snake Island in the Black Sea on Thursday in a show of defiance against Russia, but Moscow quickly responded with an attack that destroyed part of the Ukrainian outpost there.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on July 07, 2022 Ukraine MOD 07 Jul 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on July 07, 2022 Ukraine MOD 07 Jul 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 07.07 Ukraine MoD 07 Jul 2022
- Ukrainian Cities Hit By Deadly Air Strikes As Russian Forces Continue Push To Seize Donbas RFE/RL 07 Jul 2022 -- Russian forces used more air strikes to push ahead with their effort to take control of the eastern Donbas region of Ukraine amid a warning from Russian President Vladimir Putin that Russia has not yet started its campaign in earnest.
- The greater the defense aid to Ukraine is now, the sooner the war will end and the smaller the losses of all countries in the world will be - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 07 Jul 2022
- Ukraine Expects British War Support to Continue After Johnson Resignation VOA 07 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine said it expected continued strong support from Britain for Kyiv's fight against Russia's invasion, even after a new prime minister is picked to replace Boris Johnson, who resigned Thursday.
- Ukraine Expects Continued Support From Britain After Johnson Resignation RFE/RL 07 Jul 2022 -- The news of the resignation of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was met "with sadness" in Ukraine, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's office said in a statement that also said Kyiv expects the support Johnson showed for Ukraine to continue.
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy had a phone conversation with Boris Johnson President of Ukraine 07 Jul 2022
- PM call with President Zelenskyy: 7 July 2022 Gov.UK 07 Jul 2022 -- The Prime Minister spoke to President Zelenskyy this afternoon to reiterate the United Kingdom's steadfast support for Ukraine.
- President met with US Senators Lindsey Graham and Richard Blumenthal President of Ukraine 07 Jul 2022
- US war hawks visit Ukraine, meet Zelensky Press TV 07 Jul 2022 -- A bipartisan pair of US war hawks, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham and Democrat Senator Richard Blumenthal, on Thursday met with Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky, who implored the lawmakers for more weapons.
- Ukraine says to harvest 60 mln tons of grain this year People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine's grain harvest is projected to reach 60 million tons this year, the Agrarian Policy and Food Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday, citing Deputy Agriculture Minister Markiyan Dmytrasevych.
- Russia Says Warplane Hits Snake Island After Ukrainian Forces Raise Flag There RFE/RL 07 Jul 2022 -- Russia's military said a Russian jet attacked Snake Island overnight, after Ukrainian troops claimed to have raised their flag on the strategic Black Sea outpost.
- Putin Says Russia Hasn't Even Started In Ukraine As He Dares West To Try To Defeat Russia On Battlefield RFE/RL 07 Jul 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned that Russia has barely started its military action in Ukraine and challenged Western countries supporting Kyiv to try to defeat Russia on the battlefield.
- Putin: Russia has not started Ukraine campaign 'in earnest' Press TV 07 Jul 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has accused the West of decades of aggression towards Moscow, warning that any attempt to beat Russia on the battlefield would bring tragedy for Ukraine.
- Russia claims destroyed two US-supplied advanced missile systems in Ukraine Press TV 07 Jul 2022 -- Russia claims it has destroyed two US-made High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS) missile launchers in eastern Ukraine.
- Ukraine Isolated Donbass, Carried Out Genocide Against Its Inhabitants, Putin Says Sputnik 07 Jul 2022 -- The Russian president has repeatedly charged Kiev with carrying out "genocidal" policies against the people of the Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics. In his February 24 speech announcing the start of Russia's military operation in Ukraine, he said it had become "impossible to tolerate" any longer the "humiliation and genocide" of the Donbass.
- Russia Info Ops Home In on Perceived Weak Links VOA 07 Jul 2022 -- Russian influence peddlers appear to have narrowed their focus as they continue attempts to sow disunity and undermine Western efforts to support Ukraine, according to new research from the cybersecurity firm Recorded Future.
- UN: Inflation Has Pushed More Than 71 Million People Into Poverty Since Ukraine Invasion RFE/RL 07 Jul 2022 -- Soaring food and energy prices have pushed more than 71 million people worldwide into poverty since late February when Russia launched its war on Ukraine, a United Nations agency said.
- Ukraine struggling now, but winter will be even worse: UNHCR chief UN News 07 Jul 2022 -- While the Russian military advance in eastern Ukraine continues to escalate, the UN refugee agency, UNHCR, on Thursday warned that the winter months are very likely to be extremely harsh on millions of people affected by the war.
- UN: Inflation Driven By Ukraine War Draws 71 Million into Poverty VOA 07 Jul 2022 -- A U.N. study released Thursday shows the first three months of the war in Ukraine has driven up the global cost of fuel and food, creating record inflation that has helped drive 71 million people into poverty.
- Czech EU Presidency to focus on consequences of Russia-Ukraine conflict People's Daily 07 Jul 2022 -- Managing the consequences of the Russia-Ukraine conflict will top the list of priorities of the Czech Republic, which took over the rotating six-month Presidency of the Council of the European Union (EU) on July 1, Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala told the European Parliament's plenary session here on Wednesday.
- Russia's contempt for international law is clear: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 07 Jul 2022 -- Deputy Ambassador Brown reiterates that Russia alone is responsible for the horrific war in Ukraine, and it is failing to meet its international commitments.
- Australia Urges China to Push Russia to End Ukraine War VOA 07 Jul 2022 -- In a major policy address at the International Institute for Strategic Studies in Singapore Wednesday, Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong said major countries with "influence" on Russia should use it to end the war in Ukraine.
- Chinese FM lays out three points of concern on Ukraine crisis Global Times 07 Jul 2022 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi laid out three points of concern for the Ukraine crisis during a meeting with India's foreign minister on Thursday, which was followed by a meeting with Russian diplomats during the ongoing G20 foreign ministers' meeting.
- Ukraine says Turkey releases Russian-flagged ship carrying 'Ukrainian grain' Press TV 07 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine says Turkey has released a recently-detained Russian-flagged cargo ship carrying "Ukrainian grain", as Kiev constantly accuses Moscow of stealing Ukrainian grain from the Black Sea ports of the ex-Soviet country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|