06 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukrainian Officials Say Russian Shelling Kills 5 in Donetsk VOA 06 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian officials on Wednesday told the remaining residents in the eastern Donetsk province to flee to safer areas as Russia launched new attacks in an attempt to take full control of the industrialized Donbas region.
- Regional governor calls for evacuation of civilians in Sloviansk as Russia advances Press TV 06 Jul 2022 -- The local governor of the Donetsk region in eastern Ukraine has called on civilians to urgently evacuate the city of Sloviansk, as Russian forces push ahead to capture the entire Donbass.
- Artillery from our Western partners started working very powerfully, so the losses of the occupiers will only increase - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 06 Jul 2022
- Ukraine expects to receive air defense systems from partners to protect the sky - Head of State President of Ukraine 06 Jul 2022
- President of Ukraine met with the Prime Minister of Ireland, whose visit to our country is the first since independence President of Ukraine 06 Jul 2022
- Western Artillery Has 'Worked Very Powerfully,' Zelenskiy Says Amid Stepped Up Calls For Evacuations RFE/RL 06 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said in a video message late on July 6 that artillery that Ukraine has received from Western partners has had an effect on the battlefield.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: PM says Ukraine's economy to shrink by at least 35 pct this year People's Daily 06 Jul 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Meeting with United Grain Company CEO Dmitry Sergeyev President of Russia 06 Jul 2022 -- The President had a meeting with United Grain Company Director-General Dmitry Sergeyev. They discussed the company's operations in Russia and abroad.
- European Command Group Strives to Get Ukrainians What They Need DoD News 06 Jul 2022 -- No one doubts Ukraine's courage in combatting the Russian invasion of their country, but courage alone can only go so far.
- U.S. To Seek G20 Pressure On Russia To Open Sea Lanes RFE/RL 06 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken will call on Group of 20 members this week to put pressure on Russia to support UN efforts to reopen sea lanes blocked by the Ukraine conflict and repeat warnings to China not to support Moscow's war effort.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba US Dept. of State 06 Jul 2022
- War in Ukraine - Military support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 06 Jul 2022 -- This list provides an overview of lethal and non-lethal German military support for Ukraine. It contains deliveries from the German Armed Forces, as well as deliveries from German industry financed by German funds for security capacity building.
- Russia's war interferes with the education of Ukrainian children: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 06 Jul 2022 -- Justin Addison (UK delegation) speaks at an OSCE Economic and Environmental Committee meeting about the impact Russia's war against Ukraine has on education.
- Russia's War in Ukraine High on Agenda of G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting VOA 06 Jul 2022 -- Russia's aggression against Ukraine is high on the agenda as U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken meets with other foreign ministers from the Group of 20 largest economies, or G-20, this week in Bali, Indonesia.
- Ukrainian Airline Sues Iran Over Shooting Down Of Passenger Jet RFE/RL 06 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine International Airlines (UIA) has filed a lawsuit against the Islamic republic over the 2020 shooting down of a Ukrainian passenger jet by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC).
- For Ukrainians Forced Into Russia, Leaving Can Be Hard VOA 06 Jul 2022 -- As evacuees from Mariupol and other occupied Ukrainian cities make their way through Russia to third countries, they are beginning to tell stories of their harrowing journeys and of mixed treatment at the hands of Russian authorities.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|