01 July 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing DoD 01 Jul 2022
- Russians Retreat From Snake Island, Says DOD Official DoD News 01 Jul 2022 -- The Defense Department does not believe there is any credence to Russia saying its retreat from Snake Island (in the Black Sea area of Ukraine) was a gesture of goodwill, said a senior DOD official today, who took questions from the Pentagon press regarding Russia and Ukraine.
- Russian Missile Strikes Kill at Least 21 in Odesa VOA 01 Jul 2022 -- At least 21 people were killed and dozens injured early Friday in Russian missile strikes in Ukraine's Odesa region. At least one of the sites hit was a residential building. Ukrainian military officials said two children were among the dead, and the search for survivors was ongoing.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on July 01, 2022 Ukraine MOD 01 Jul 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 01.07 Ukraine MOD 01 Jul 2022
- Airstrikes kill 19 in Ukraine's Odessa as NATO vows war on Russia Press TV 01 Jul 2022 -- At least 19 people have been killed and dozens wounded in missile strikes in Ukraine's Odessa region following the withdrawal of Russian forces from the area and the US-led military alliance's threat of full-scale war against Moscow.
- At Least 21 Killed By Missile Attack On Apartments, Recreational Center Near Odesa RFE/RL 01 Jul 2022 -- At least 21 people have been killed, including two children, in Russian missile attacks on a village near the Ukrainian port city of Odesa, authorities said, a day after Russian invading forces withdrew from a strategic Black Sea island.
- The United States announced a new support package for Ukraine, which includes powerful NASAMS systems that will significantly strengthen our air defense - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- The whole world understands that it is Ukraine who is implementing the main reform in Europe - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- Ukraine will have its own security model, and these must be clear, legally verified guarantees - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- Head of State met with the Prime Minister of Norway in Kyiv President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- Andriy Yermak and Anders Fogh Rasmussen held the first meeting of the Group on International Security Guarantees for Ukraine President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- President met with Anders Fogh Rasmussen who is co-chairman of the Group on International Security Guarantees for Ukraine President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- Speech by Head of the Office of the President Andriy Yermak at the first meeting of the Group on International Security Guarantees for Ukraine President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- President, the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada and the Prime Minister signed a Joint Statement on the strategic goal of Ukraine's full membership in the European Union President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- European integration of Ukraine is a guarantee of a free and prosperous life for all generations of our people - speech by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy at the plenary session of the Verkhovna Rada President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- Deputy Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Andriy Sybiha met with the delegation of the CDU/CSU faction of the Bundestag of Germany President of Ukraine 01 Jul 2022
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine welcomes military support from UK People's Daily 01 Jul 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Ukraine Asks Turkey To Detain Ship Believed To Be Carrying Ukrainian Grain RFE/RL 01 Jul 2022 -- Ukraine has asked Turkey to detain a Russian-flagged cargo ship believed to be carrying Ukrainian grain that Kyiv says set off from Berdyansk, a Ukrainian port occupied by Russian forces.
- Russians Hoping To Travel To Ukraine Will Need Visa As Of July 1 RFE/RL 01 Jul 2022 -- Russian citizens will need to obtain visas to enter Ukraine as of July 1, the chief of Ukraine's Border Service, Serhiy Deyneko announced.
- Memorandum on the Delegation of Authority Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 The White House 01 Jul 2022
- $820 Million in Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 01 Jul 2022 -- This afternoon, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced $820 million in additional security assistance for Ukraine. This includes an authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $50 million, as well as $770 million in Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) funds.
- $820 Million in New U.S. Military Assistance for Ukraine US Dept. of State 01 Jul 2022 -- Ukrainians continue to face a brutality highlighted once again this week by an attack that struck a shopping mall filled with civilians.
- US Announces $820 Million Military Aid Package for Ukraine VOA 01 Jul 2022 -- The United States announced details Friday of $820 million in additional military aid for Ukraine, including new surface-to-air missile systems and counter-artillery radar.
- Culture of Ukrainian borscht cooking inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding UNESCO 01 Jul 2022 -- Culture of Ukrainian borscht cooking was today inscribed on UNESCO's List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding by the Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage, composed of representatives of the States Parties to the UNESCO Convention.
- The Beet Goes On: UNESCO Sides With Ukraine Over Russia In 'Borscht War' RFE/RL 01 Jul 2022 -- UNESCO, the UN's cultural agency, has weighed in on the brouhaha over borscht, officially recognizing the cooking of the beetroot soup as part of Ukraine's cultural heritage, despite similar claims by Russia.
- Ukraine: Statement by Congress President condemning the abduction of the Mayor of Kherson Council of Europe 01 Jul 2022
- European Commission proposes first â‚¬1 billion tranche of the new macro-financial assistance for Ukraine European Commission 01 Jul 2022 -- The European Commission has today proposed a new â‚¬1 billion macro-financial assistance (MFA) operation for Ukraine as the first part of the exceptional MFA package of up to â‚¬9 billion announced in the Commission's communication of 18 May 2022 and endorsed by the European Council of 23-24 June 2022.
- Ukraine: Commission waives customs duties and VAT on the import of life-saving goods for Ukrainians European Commission 01 Jul 2022 -- The European Commission has today adopted a Decision enabling Member States to temporarily waive customs duties and VAT on the importation from third countries of food, blankets, tents, electric generators and other life-saving equipment destined for Ukrainians affected by the war. This measure, which was requested by Member States, will apply retroactively from 24 February 2022 and will be in place until 31 December 2022.
- Address of President von der Leyen to the Ukrainian Parliament following the European Council decision granting Ukraine candidate status European Commission 01 Jul 2022
- Government proposes amendments to Integration Act to secure services for those fleeing Ukraine Finnish Government 01 Jul 2022 -- The Government is preparing amendments to the Act on the Promotion of Immigrant Integration so that municipalities and wellbeing services counties would be reimbursed for the costs they incur for organising services to beneficiaries of temporary protection who have been granted a municipality of residence.
- Norway to increase support to Ukraine by NOK 10 billion Government of Norway 01 Jul 2022 -- Norway will increase its support to Ukraine by NOK 10 billion over the next two years. The funding will be used for humanitarian assistance and reconstruction efforts in the country, and to provide weapons and budget support to the Ukrainian government administration. 'We stand together with the Ukrainian people,' said Prime Minister Jonas Gahr StÃ¸re.
- Indonesian Leader 'Conveyed Message' From Zelenskiy To Putin RFE/RL 01 Jul 2022 -- Indonesian President Joko Widodo says he delivered a message from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to Russian President Vladimir Putin during his meeting with the Kremlin leader on June 30, one day after a stopover in Kyiv.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|