29 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on June 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Jun 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 29.06 Ukraine MOD 29 Jun 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on June 29, 2022 Ukraine MOD 29 Jun 2022
- Russian Missile Strike Kills At Least Three In Mykolayiv Residential Building RFE/RL 29 Jun 2022 -- A missile strike killed at least three people in a residential building in the southern Ukrainian city of Mykolayiv on June 29 in an attack that Russia said was meant to destroy a training base for foreign fighters.
- 'Fighting Everywhere' In Lysychansk As Russia Steps Up Attacks Across Ukraine RFE/RL 29 Jun 2022 -- Russian forces continue to press ahead with their assault on Lysychansk, with regional officials saying the situation was "very difficult" in the last Ukrainian holdout in the east as President Volodymyr Zelenskiy again called on the West to deliver more advanced heavy weapons to allow his forces to stave off Moscow's artillery onslaught.
- Ukraine Announces Prisoner Swap Of 144 Soldiers, Some Captured At Azovstal Steelworks RFE/RL 29 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine's Defense Ministry has announced a prisoner exchange involving 144 Ukrainian soldiers, including scores of defenders of the Azovstal steelworks in the southern port city of Mariupol.
- Zelenskiy Says He May Attend G20 Summit In Bali (Depending On Who Else Is Invited) RFE/RL 29 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says he has accepted an invitation to attend the autumn G20 summit in Bali, but his participation will depend on which leaders are also attending, a thinly veiled reference to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- 144 Ukrainian warriors were returned from Russian captivity, we will do everything to bring everyone home - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 29 Jun 2022
- Creating a security guarantees mechanism for Ukraine will be an important step towards a new safe world - speech by Head of the Office of the President Andriy Yermak at the NATO Public Forum President of Ukraine 29 Jun 2022
- President held talks with the President of Indonesia who is visiting Kyiv President of Ukraine 29 Jun 2022
- You have to find a place for Ukraine in the common security space - speech by the President of Ukraine at the NATO Summit President of Ukraine 29 Jun 2022
- Ukraine's victory in the war with Russia will be a joint victory of the whole democratic world - President in an interview with NB–° President of Ukraine 29 Jun 2022
- Law enforcers and intelligence of Ukraine are doing everything to identify all Russian servicemen who are responsible for terror against our cities - President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's address President of Ukraine 29 Jun 2022
- It is necessary that Russia stops killing people, it is necessary to bring it to justice for terrorism - speech by the President of Ukraine at the meeting of the UN Security Council President of Ukraine 29 Jun 2022
- Moscow-Imposed Administration Plans Referendum In Ukraine's Kherson On Joining Russia RFE/RL 29 Jun 2022 -- The Moscow-installed military administration ruling the area around the occupied Ukrainian city of Kherson said it is preparing to hold a referendum on joining Russia.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Call With Ukraine's Minister of Defence Oleksii Reznikov DoD 29 Jun 2022
- Zelenskiy Asks NATO Allies For Modern Heavy Weapons, More Financial Support RFE/RL 29 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has told NATO leaders that his country needs more advanced heavy weapons and additional financial support to stave off Russia's unprovoked invasion, warning that Moscow's ambitions won't stop with Ukraine.
- NATO allies to supply weapons to Ukraine 'as long as necessary', vows Germany Press TV 29 Jun 2022 -- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz says NATO will continue to supply Ukraine with weapons in the war against Russia for "as long as necessary".
- Update 84 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 29 Jun 2022 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency has once again lost the remote connection to its safeguards surveillance systems installed at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP), further underlining the need for the IAEA to go there very soon, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- OSCE Annual Security Review Conference takes places against backdrop of war on Ukraine OSCE 29 Jun 2022 -- The Annual Security Review Conference (ASRC), the OSCE's main event for enhancing dialogue on regional security challenges, took place on 28 and 29 June 2022.
- Ukraine: Statement by the Spokesperson on Russia's illegal actions in Kherson European External Action Service (EEAS) 29 Jun 2022 -- The European Union condemns in the strongest possible terms the kidnapping of the democratically elected Mayor of Kherson Ihor Kolykhayev by the invading Russian forces and calls for his immediate and unconditional release.
- Ukraine: Cohesion Policy steps up support to address the consequences of Russia's aggression in Ukraine with the 'Flexible Assistance to Territories' European Commission 29 Jun 2022 -- Today, the Commission took another important step to help Member States, regional and local authorities and partners to address the consequences of Russia's aggression against Ukraine by adopting the 'Flexible Assistance to Territories (FAST-CARE)'. This is a new comprehensive package that extends the support already provided under Cohesion's Action for Refugees in Europe (CARE) by offering further support and further flexibility to Cohesion Policy funding.
- Press conference by Commissioners Ferreira and Schmit on proposals to strengthen cohesion policy and better support Member States in addressing the consequences of Russia's invasion of Ukraine European Commission 29 Jun 2022
- Questions and Answers: Cohesion Policy steps up support to address the consequences of Russia's aggression in Ukraine with the 'Flexible Assistance to Territories' European Commission 29 Jun 2022
- China urges US to drop sanctions against Chinese firms over Russia-Ukraine conflict Global Times 29 Jun 2022 -- China's Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday that it has lodged stern representations with the US side after the latter blacklisted five Chinese companies for allegedly supporting Russia, while urging Washington to withdraw the unilateral sanctions and vowing to defend Chinese firm's interests.
- Countries must address root causes of Ukraine crisis, says Iran's Defense chief Press TV 29 Jun 2022 -- Countries need to combat the root causes of the Ukraine crisis instead of trying to address the symptoms, says Iran's defense minister, criticizing the "unconstructive" role of the US and Europe in the conflict.
- Heavy Loses Could Persuade Russia, Putin to Pause Ukraine War VOA 29 Jun 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has no intention of relinquishing his desire to control all of Ukraine but appears to understand that his once-vaunted military may not be able to give him what he wants, at least for now.
- Three Belarusian 'Railway Guerrillas' May Face Death Penalty RFE/RL 29 Jun 2022 -- Three Belarusian activists who were arrested for allegedly damaging railways in the country to disrupt Russian arms and troops supply to war-torn Ukraine may face the death penalty if convicted.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|