28 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Russia Launches New Missile Attacks on Ukraine VOA 28 Jun 2022 -- Russia targeted more Ukrainian civilian sites with missiles on Tuesday, Ukrainian officials reported, a day after a deadly strike on a shopping center in the city of Kremenchuk that killed at least 18 people.
- Russian Officials Detain Mayor Of Ukrainian City After He Refuses To Collaborate RFE/RL 28 Jun 2022 -- Russian officials occupying the Ukrainian city of Kherson have detained Mayor Ihor Kolykhayev after he refused to work with them.
- Zelenskyy Calls Russia 'Terrorist State' After Latest Attacks on Ukraine VOA 28 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy called Russia a "terrorist state" on Tuesday and urged the United Nations to send a commission to investigate a deadly missile strike on a shopping mall in the city of Kremenchuk.
- President held a meeting on preparing Ukraine for EU membership after obtaining candidate status President of Ukraine 28 Jun 2022
- Address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on the occasion of the Constitution Day of Ukraine President of Ukraine 28 Jun 2022
- Zelenskiy Calls On UN To Visit Shopping Center Hit By Missile As G7 Vows Continued Support For Ukraine RFE/RL 28 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has called for the United Nations to send a special representative or the secretary-general to the site of a missile strike on a shopping mall in the city of Kremenchuk.
- Ukraine terminates 2 nuclear safety deals with Russia People's Daily 28 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine terminated two agreements with Russia concerning cooperation in the field of nuclear safety, Ukraine's state-run nuclear energy operator Energoatom said in a statement on Monday.
- More Western weapons for Ukraine to mean longer war: Russia Press TV 28 Jun 2022 -- Russia has warned the United States and its Western allies against sending weapons to Ukraine, saying the more weapons arrive in the country, the longer the war will last.
- Kremlin: Russia's offensive to end as soon as Ukraine forces lay down weapons Press TV 28 Jun 2022 -- The Kremlin says Russia will halt its months-long military offensive in neighboring Ukraine as soon as Ukrainian forces surrender.
- NATO encroachment on Crimea could lead to World War III, warns Russia's Medvedev Press TV 28 Jun 2022 -- Russia's former president and current deputy chairman of the Russian Security Council Dmitry Medvedev has warned the West that any attempt by a NATO state to infringe upon Crimea could lead to World War Three.
- Biden Officials 'Privately Doubt' Ukraine Can Claw Back Lost Territories: Report Sputnik 28 Jun 2022 -- A shift in tone has been observed among Western leaders in recent weeks regarding the Ukraine crisis, with initial demands that Ukraine defeat Russia on the battlefield replaced by a more conciliatory tenor, including recommendations that Kiev talk to Moscow, and suggestions that Russia and the West must learn to "coexist" in spite of the crisis.
- Ukraine: Cycle of death, destruction, dislocation, and disruption 'must stop' UN News 28 Jun 2022 -- The "horrific conflict," in Ukraine shows no signs of abating, the UN political and peacebuilding chief told the Security Council on Tuesday, pointing out that since her last update on 5 April, "countless Ukrainian civilians" have been killed in indiscriminate attacks, cities and towns levelled, and much of the country's arable land "horribly disfigured by shelling".
- G7 Leaders Wrap Up Summit Condemning Russian Invasion, Pledge Support For Ukraine RFE/RL 28 Jun 2022 -- Leaders of the Group of Seven (G7) advanced economies have condemned Russia's invasion of Ukraine as "illegal and unjustifiable," and pledged to hold an international conference to raise funds for the country's postwar reconstruction.
- Council of Europe statement on missile attack in Kremenchuk Council of Europe 28 Jun 2022 -- The Secretary General of the 46-nation Council of Europe, Marija PejÄinoviÄ BuriÄ, has today made the following statement:
- Ukraine: Statement by the High Representative on the attack in Kremenchuk European External Action Service (EEAS) 28 Jun 2022 -- The EU condemns in the strongest possible terms the Russian missile strike on a shopping centre in the Ukrainian city of Kremenchuk. Hundreds of innocent civilians were reportedly present at the centre at the time of the attack.
- Statement by Commissioner Simson on the start of electricity trade between Ukraine and the EU European Commission 28 Jun 2022 -- The European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity announced today that electricity trade between Ukraine and the EU will start this week, on 30 June.
- War in Ukraine - Military support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 28 Jun 2022 -- This list provides an overview of Germany's lethal and non-lethal military support for Ukraine. It includes both transfers sourced from Bundeswehr stocks and deliveries sourced from the defence industry that have been purchased with funds from the Enable and Enhance Initiative of the Federal Government.
- When the world calls for peace, Russia answers with missiles and targeting civilians: UK Statement at the UN Security Council UK FCDO 28 Jun 2022 -- Statement by Ambassador Barbara Woodward at the UN Security Council meeting on Ukraine
- Interview: Can Russia Maintain Its Momentum In Ukraine's East? RFE/RL 28 Jun 2022 -- As NATO leaders gather in Madrid for a key summit that will focus on Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Russian forces are continuing to make incremental gains in the war.
- Wives Of Russian Officers Urge Buryatia Leader To Return Their Husbands From Ukraine RFE/RL 28 Jun 2022 -- More than a dozen women in Russia's Republic of Buryatia have recorded a video statement urging the head of the Siberian region to recall their husbands from Ukraine where they are serving with the Russian armed forces.
- Investigation: Unfettered By Western Sanctions, A Russian Bank Delivers Wages To Soldiers Invading Ukraine RFE/RL 28 Jun 2022 -- On June 10, Albina Abayeva posted a short remark on the social network VK: "Gazprom zp has come," it said in Russian.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|