24 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Officials Hold a Background Briefing, June 24, 2022 DoD 24 Jun 2022
- Ukrainian forces to withdraw from Severodonetsk: regional governor People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian forces were ordered to withdraw from Severodonetsk, the administrative center of the Ukraine-controlled part of the eastern Lugansk region, a regional governor said on Friday.
- Moscow-Imposed Official In Russian-Occupied Ukrainian City Killed By Car Bomb RFE/RL 24 Jun 2022 -- A car bomb has killed a Moscow-imposed official in Ukraine's southeastern city of Kherson, which is occupied by Russian troops.
- Ukraine Forces Leaving Battered City of Sievierodonetsk VOA 24 Jun 2022 -- After weeks of fierce fighting with Russian forces, Ukrainian troops are withdrawing from the eastern city of Sievierodonetsk, according to a regional official.
- Ukraine Urges U.S. To Provide 'Fire Parity' With Russia As Struggle In East Worsens RFE/RL 24 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine's top general has told his U.S. counterpart that his country desperately needs "fire parity" with Russia to "stabilize" the difficult situation in the east, where Kyiv's forces have suffered setbacks against Moscow's troops backed by powerful artillery bombardments.
- Ukraine has gained the status of a candidate for the EU membership - it did not fall from the sky, so let's be proud of it - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 24 Jun 2022
- The West should complement the sanctions policy by setting limits on the price that Russia receives per barrel of oil - Oleg Ustenko and German Galushchenko President of Ukraine 24 Jun 2022
- Officially recognized: Ukraine is a future equal partner for 27 EU countries - address by the President, the Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada and the Prime Minister President of Ukraine 24 Jun 2022
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine receives artillery rocket systems from U.S. People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Ukraine Appeals for African Support on War With Russia and Food Crisis VOA 24 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine's foreign minister says Kyiv is ready to export much-needed grain to Africa as soon as Russia lifts its Black Sea blockade. In a U.S.-arranged online briefing to journalists Thursday, he blamed Russia for the global food crisis affecting millions of Africans and called for more African support against Moscow.
- Zelensky welcomes EU decision to grant Ukraine candidate status People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Thursday welcomed the decision of the European Council to grant Ukraine candidate status for accession to the European Union (EU).
- Russia says US, UK prevent Ukraine from resuming peace talks Press TV 24 Jun 2022 -- Moscow has accused Western powers of not allowing Ukraine to resume peace negotiations with Russia.
- Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine DoD 24 Jun 2022 -- The United States has committed approximately $6.8 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration, including approximately $6.1 billion since the beginning of Russia's unprovoked invasion on February 24.
- Two Security Assistance Packages for Ukraine Contribute to Coastal, Waterway Defense DoD News 24 Jun 2022 -- In the last month, the U.S. pledged more than $1.4 billion in security assistance to Ukraine. Some of that assistance is aimed at helping the Ukrainian military better defend their coast and waterways.
- U.S. to send Ukraine more rocket systems in new weapons package People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- The United States will provide Ukraine with an additional 450 million U.S. dollars' worth of security assistance, including four more advanced rocket systems, the Department of Defense announced Thursday.
- VOA Interview: NSC Spokesperson John Kirby VOA 24 Jun 2022 -- John Kirby, the former Pentagon spokesperson, told VOA's Ukrainian service on Thursday the United States is "focused on making sure that Ukraine can continue to defend itself and its sovereignty."
- Update 82 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 24 Jun 2022 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is increasingly concerned about the difficult conditions facing staff at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) and it must go there as soon as possible to address this and other urgent issues, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- UN Chief Warns Of Global Food 'Catastrophe' Amid Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine, Other Crises RFE/RL 24 Jun 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has warned that the world faces a "catastrophe" because of the global food shortage, with Russia's invasion of Ukraine only adding to an already difficult situation.
- UN Chief Says World Faces 'Real Risk' of Multiple Famines This Year VOA 24 Jun 2022 -- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres told an international conference on food security Friday that the world is facing the "real risk" of multiple famines this year and that 2023 could be even worse.
- EU grants Ukraine candidate status in show of solidarity, as US rallies allies to target adversaries Global Times 24 Jun 2022 -- The European Union's decision to grant Ukraine candidate status is the start for the West and the US to show their "solidarity" amid a string of meetings since this week, including the summits of the Group of Seven and NATO.
- EU grants Ukraine candidate status, aims at 'prolonged military conflict' to drag down Russia Global Times 24 Jun 2022 -- As the European Union and Ukraine hailed the granting of Ukraine candidate status to the bloc, many analysts said it is more like a political gesture as a lengthy process of negotiations and domestic reforms are needed before Ukraine could formally get the membership.
- EU leaders grant Ukraine, Moldova EU candidate status People's Daily 24 Jun 2022 -- European Union (EU) leaders have accepted Ukraine and Moldova as candidates for membership of the bloc, European Council President Charles Michel said on Thursday.
- Ukraine, Moldova Hail EU Candidacy; Balkan States, Georgia Told to Wait VOA 24 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy hailed the European Union's decision to grant his country candidate status Friday, a key milestone in joining the bloc. Moldova was also granted accession candidate status.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|