23 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on June 23, 2022 Ukraine MOD 23 Jun 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 23.06 Ukraine MOD 23 Jun 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on June 23, 2022 Ukraine MOD 23 Jun 2022
- This is the biggest step towards strengthening Europe that could be taken right now - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to the participants of the EU Summit after granting Ukraine the status of a candidate for membership President of Ukraine 23 Jun 2022
- Zelensky Touts Ukraine's EU Candidate Status as 'Biggest Step Toward Stronger Europe' Sputnik 23 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky lauded the decision to grant Ukraine the status of a European Union member candidate, dubbing it "the biggest step toward a stronger Europe."
- European Parliament Grants Ukraine EU Candidate Status VOA 23 Jun 2022 -- The European Parliament voted overwhelmingly Thursday to grant European Union candidate status to embattled Ukraine, pushing it one step closer to Western allies who have been supplying it with massive amounts of armaments to help it fight off Russia's four-month-old invasion.
- To liberate our land and achieve victory is our national goal, which we must work on every day - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 23 Jun 2022
- Yermak-McFaul international group presented the Roadmap of Financial Sanctions President of Ukraine 23 Jun 2022 -- The international working group on sanctions against Russia has presented the Roadmap of Financial Sanctions. The document contains an analysis of the impact of previously imposed sanctions on the financial system of the Russian Federation, a list of recommendations for increasing pressure on the aggressor state and a map of risks of the implementation of sanctions policy.
- Ukrainian president calls for heavy arms from allies, EU membership Press TV 23 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has repeated calls on Ukraine's Western allies for heavy arms and urged the European Union (EU) to grant membership to his country.
- Outgunned Ukrainians Hail Arrival Of U.S. Heavy Weapons As Russians Press Ahead RFE/RL 23 Jun 2022 -- Kyiv has announced the arrival of the first U.S. long-range weapons systems that the Ukrainian military has been waiting on for months, and the United States says it will send a new batch of military assistance including more rocket systems.
- Ukraine will build a European liberalized state, but with strong protection like the Israeli one - President during a meeting with professors and students of Israeli universities President of Ukraine 23 Jun 2022
- Address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to the community of major educational institutions of Israel President of Ukraine 23 Jun 2022
- Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova on the US complicity in the recruitment of US citizens to fight in Ukraine Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 23 Jun 2022
- Lavrov on Possibility to Resume Talks with Kiev: We Proceed From Situation 'on Ground' Sputnik 23 Jun 2022 -- Once Kiev wants to resume negotiations with Russia, Moscow will proceed from the situation "on the ground" and take into account the unwillingness of a number of liberated regions to return to the control of the Kiev authorities, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said.
- Memorandum on the Delegation of Authority Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 The White House 23 Jun 2022
- $450 Million in Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 23 Jun 2022 -- Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announces the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $450 million to meet critical needs for Ukraine's fight. This authorization is the thirteenth drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.
- President Authorizes Another $450 Million Drawdown to Support Ukraine DoD News 23 Jun 2022 -- President Joe Biden has given DOD authorization for a drawdown of up to $450 million to meet Ukraine's critical arms needs in the face of the Russian invasion.
- $450 Million Drawdown of New U.S. Military Assistance for Ukraine US Dept. of State 23 Jun 2022 -- Pursuant to a delegation of authority from the President, I am authorizing our thirteenth drawdown of arms and equipment from U.S. Department of Defense inventories for Ukraine's defense since August 2021, of up to $450 million.
- US likely to send $450 million in military aid to Ukraine: Officials Press TV 23 Jun 2022 -- The United States is likely to offer an additional $450 million in military aid to Ukraine, including more long-range rocket systems, according to a report.
- European Council conclusions on Ukraine, the membership applications of Ukraine, the Republic of Moldova and Georgia, Western Balkans and external relations, 23 June 2022 EC/CEU 23 Jun 2022 -- The European Council recognises the European perspective of Ukraine, the Republic of Moldova and Georgia. The future of these countries and their citizens lies within the European Union. The European Council has decided to grant the status of candidate country to Ukraine and to the Republic of Moldova.
- European Council: Remarks by High Representative Josep Borrell upon arrival European External Action Service (EEAS) 23 Jun 2022 -- "Ukraine and Moldova will be granted the status of candidate [countries], on the understanding that there are some conditions that need to be fulfilled. And for Georgia also it is a clear path to the European Union."
- European Parliament approves EU candidate status for Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia Press TV 23 Jun 2022 -- The European Parliament has voted in favor of granting European Union candidate status to Ukraine as fighting in the war-torn country continues.
- EU Leaders Make Ukraine, Moldova Official Candidates For Membership RFE/RL 23 Jun 2022 -- The European Union has formally agreed to take the "historic" step of making Ukraine and Moldova candidates for EU membership in the midst of the war in Ukraine and Moscow's bitter denunciations of the two countries' intentions.
- EU Council Chief Confirms Summit Approval of Ukraine, Moldova Accession Bid Sputnik 23 Jun 2022 -- The heads of state and government of the European Union on Thursday approved the granting of Ukraine and Moldova the status of candidates for joining the union, European Council President Charles Michel said.
- Turkey, Britain Pledge Cooperation To Move Ukrainian Grain Amid Accusations Of Russian Theft RFE/RL 23 Jun 2022 -- Turkey has pledged to investigate allegations that Russia has been stealing grain from Ukraine during its invasion, with British Foreign Secretary Liz Truss offering to help during an "urgent" global food crisis.
- Russia's government has miscalculated in Ukraine: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 23 Jun 2022 -- Ambassador Neil Bush reiterates the UK's long-standing support to Ukraine in the face of the Russian government's brutal war.
- Ukraine Tops Agenda at China's BRICS Summit VOA 23 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine: It was a word barely mentioned but often alluded to as the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa â€” collectively known as BRICS â€” gave their opening remarks at a virtual summit Thursday hosted by Beijing.
- Flight MH17 shot down by a Russian-supplied Buk missile 'most convincing scenario by far', says PACE Council of Europe 23 Jun 2022 -- PACE has said that, based on the evidence made available to its rapporteur by Ukrainian and Dutch authorities, it considers "as the most convincing scenario by far" that flight MH17 was shot down over Ukraine in 2014 by a Buk missile made available to military units controlled by the Russian Federation.
- Interview: Why Ukrainian And Russian Forces Are Preparing For A Long War RFE/RL 23 Jun 2022 -- Russian forces are edging closer to seizing the last pocket of resistance in Ukraine's eastern Luhansk region, with battles raging in Syveryodonetsk and near its sister city, Lysychansk.
- Bosnian Experts: Ukraine Faces Years of War Crime Probes, Searches for Missing VOA 23 Jun 2022 -- Investigators and researchers of war crimes committed during the 1992-95 Bosnian war say their experience holds valuable lessons for those seeking justice for atrocities committed by Russian forces during the invasion of Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|