20 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Crimea official: Ukraine strikes with missiles oil drilling platforms in Black Sea Press TV 20 Jun 2022 -- The head of pro-Russian forces in the Crimean Peninsula says Ukrainian government troops have struck oil drilling platforms in the Black Sea, amid Russia's months-long military offensive in the former Soviet republic.
- Ukraine says lost control of Severodonetsk village amid Russia's advances Press TV 20 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine has admitted to losing control of a village adjacent to the key industrial city of Severodonetsk, which has been the flashpoint of fierce battles between the Ukrainian and Russian forces in recent weeks.
- Zelenskyy Acknowledges Difficulties Defending Country's East VOA 20 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy acknowledged difficulties trying to defend the country's eastern region but said Russian forces would continue to be met with Ukrainian resistance.
- By providing weapons, EU countries help Ukraine oust the aggressor from its land, not attack other states - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 20 Jun 2022
- We need to do even more for Ukraine to win - speech by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy at the opening of the ISPI Global Policy Forum President of Ukraine 20 Jun 2022
- In order to eliminate the threat of famine, Russia's efforts to return to the aggressive policy of colonialism must end - speech by the President of Ukraine at the session of the Bureau of the Assembly of the African Union President of Ukraine 20 Jun 2022
- The Three Seas Initiative needs the potential of Ukraine - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to the participants of the Three Seas Initiative Summit President of Ukraine 20 Jun 2022
- Ukraine Bans Pro-Russian Party Of Putin Friend Medvedchuk RFE/RL 20 Jun 2022 -- A court in Kyiv has banned the pro-Russian Opposition Platform - For Life (OPZZh) political party led by jailed Kremlin-friendly politician Viktor Medvedchuk.
- Talks On Opening Ukrainian Ports 'Complex,' Zelenskiy Says, As Top EU Diplomat Calls Blockade A 'War Crime' RFE/RL 20 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine is engaged in "complex" negotiations to free its ports from a Russian naval blockade, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on June 20, after the EU's top diplomat accused Russia of committing a "real war crime" by blocking grain exports from the ports.
- Third-Party Missiles Possibly Used in Attack on Crimean Drilling Platforms - Lawmaker Sputnik 20 Jun 2022 -- The strike at the drilling platforms of Crimea-based energy company Chernomorneftgaz could have been carried out with the use of foreign long-range missiles, Mikhail Sheremet, Crimea's representative in Russia's lower house of parliament, told Sputnik on Monday.
- Secretary General welcomes Ukrainian Parliament's approval of Istanbul Convention Council of Europe 20 Jun 2022 -- Council of Europe Secretary General, Marija PejÄinoviÄ BuriÄ, has made the following statement today:
- PACE President urges members not to get used to the war in Ukraine Council of Europe 20 Jun 2022 -- In his opening speech of the PACE summer session, President Tiny Kox invited members to hold a minute of silence for all the victims of the war in Ukraine, urging them to help end the suffering of the Ukrainian people and to continue showing solidarity.
- Crimea and the city of Sevastopol: EU extends sanctions over Russia's illegal annexation by one year EC/CEU 20 Jun 2022 -- The Council has today decided to renew the sanctions introduced by the EU in response to the illegal annexation of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol by the Russian Federation, until 23 June 2023.
- Continued focus of the monthly EU Foreign Affairs Council: Current developments in connection with Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine Germany Federal Foreign Office 20 Jun 2022 -- Other issues on the agenda are the Horn of Africa with regard to Ethiopia as well as an exchange with the Egyptian Foreign Minister - in particular on the preparation of the COP27 climate conference.
- EU Foreign Ministers To Discuss Stalled Ukrainian Grain Exports RFE/RL 20 Jun 2022 -- European Union foreign ministers are scheduled to discuss ways to free millions of tons of grain stuck in Ukraine due to a blockade of its Black Sea ports by Russian forces.
- Praise for Ukraine support as Defence industry offers more help UK MOD 20 Jun 2022 -- Industry leaders are praised by the Defence Secretary for their vital role in helping provide weapons, ammunition and logistical support to Ukraine
- Ukraine In 'Crucial Week' Ahead Of Decision On EU Membership Bid, Zelenskiy Says As Attacks In East Intensify RFE/RL 20 Jun 2022 -- The military governor of Ukraine's eastern region of Luhansk said fighting on June 20 along the entire front line was "extremely difficult" as President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said that Russia is "very nervous" about the approaching decision of the European Council on granting Ukraine candidate status for EU membership.
- US Tech Company Helping Ukraine Build Own 'Iron Dome' to 'Swat Down' Russian Missiles Sputnik 20 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine's ambassador to Israel indicated earlier this month that Kiev would like to buy the country's Iron Dome air defense system. Israeli media reported in February that Tel Aviv had blocked the sale of the system to Kiev in 2021, fearing Russia's reaction.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|