18 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukrainian Forces Keep Up Desperate Resistance Near Syevyerodonetsk, Remain Defiant RFE/RL 18 Jun 2022 -- Desperate Ukrainian forces continued to put up fierce resistance in and around Syevyerodonetsk, buoyed politically by vocal support by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the European Union ahead of a summit next week that could lead to EU candidacy status.
- Ukrainian governor says Russia deploying large number of reserve troops to Severodonetsk Press TV 18 Jun 2022 -- Russia is deploying a large number of reserve troops to the flashpoint city of Severodonetsk in Ukraine's eastern region of Luhansk, where fierce battles are raging between Russian and Ukrainian forces, a Ukrainian governor says.
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy held a meeting on the situation in the Odesa region President of Ukraine 18 Jun 2022
- President held a meeting on the situation in the Mykolaiv region President of Ukraine 18 Jun 2022
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine introduces visa regime for Russian citizens People's Daily 18 Jun 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Zelenskiy Hails EU's 'Historic' Backing Of Ukraine's Membership Bid As A Boost For Democracy RFE/RL 18 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has hailed Brussels' support for his embattled country's European Union bid as a "historic" achievement.
- Zelensky, Johnson meet on defense, security issues People's Daily 18 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky met with visiting British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Friday to discuss defense and security issues, the presidential press service said.
- Zelenskyy Visits Soldiers on Southern Front Line While Heaviest Fighting Rages in Eastern Donbas VOA 18 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has made a rare trip outside Kyiv to visit the war-damaged city of Mykolaiv in the south while the worst of the fighting continued in the eastern Donbas region.
- Russian Gas Supplies To Europe Via Ukraine Drop To 41.4 Million Cubic Meters RFE/RL 18 Jun 2022 -- Russia's state-controlled energy giant Gazprom said its supply of gas to Europe through Ukraine via the Sudzha entry point dropped to 41.4 million cubic meters (mcm) on June 18 from 41.9 mcm the previous day.
- US pauses selling large, armable drones to Ukraine due to security reasons: Report Press TV 18 Jun 2022 -- The administration of US President Joe Biden has scraped a plan to sell four large, armable drones to Ukraine due to security concerns, a new report says.
- US Rethinks Plan to Send Deadly Drones to Ukraine, Fears They'll Fall Into Russian Hands: Report Sputnik 18 Jun 2022 -- US media reported earlier this month that the Biden administration had signed off on plans to send four MQ-1C Gray Eagle unmanned aerial vehicles - the same kind used to carry out strikes across Afghanistan, Iraq and Niger, to Ukraine for use against Russia. The drones can be equipped with air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles and glide bombs.
- VOA Interview: US Ambassador to Ukraine Brink VOA 18 Jun 2022 -- U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bridget Brink said she set out five immediate goals upon her return to Kyiv in a discussion with VOA this week in Kyiv.
- UN in Ukraine calls for accountability for conflict-related sexual violence and remedy for survivors United Nations 18 Jun 2022 -- Russia's war on Ukraine has caused enormous suffering for civilians, including civilian deaths, injuries and mass destruction, and has also been marred by incidents of conflict-related sexual violence.
- German Authorities Investigating Several Hundred Possible Russian War Crimes In Ukraine RFE/RL 18 Jun 2022 -- German authorities are investing several hundred possible war crimes committed by Russian personnel in Ukraine, a top police official said.
- AU approves urgent measures to tackle impacts of Ukraine crisis People's Daily 18 Jun 2022 -- The African Union (AU) said its Specialized Technical Committee on Transport, Transcontinental and Interregional Infrastructure and Energy (STC-TTIIE) has approved urgent measures to tackle the impacts of the Ukraine crisis on the African continent.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|