Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Memorandum on Delegation of Authority Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 The White House 15 Jun 2022
- $1 Billion in Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 15 Jun 2022 -- This afternoon, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced $1 billion in additional security assistance for Ukraine. This includes an authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $350 million, as well as $650 million in Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI) funds.
- Harpoon Weapon System, More Howitzers Headed to Ukraine DoD News 15 Jun 2022 -- The Defense Department announced today an additional $1 billion in security assistance to Ukraine, which will include Harpoon coastal defense systems, more 155mm howitzers, and more ammunition for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, or HIMARS.
- $1 Billion of New U.S. Military Assistance for Ukraine US Dept. of State 15 Jun 2022 -- Today, we announced an additional $1 billion in additional military assistance for Ukraine. Pursuant to a delegation of authority from the President, I am authorizing our twelfth drawdown of arms and equipment from U.S. Department of Defense inventories for Ukraine's defense since August 2021, valued at up to $350 million.
- US Sending New $1 Billion Tranche of Weapons to Ukraine VOA 15 Jun 2022 -- The United States is sending $1 billion more in military aid to Ukraine, Washington's 12th and biggest tranche yet of weaponry and equipment intended to confront Russia's slow but relentless advance on Ukraine's eastern Donbas region.
- U.S. Announces More Weapons For Ukraine As Defense Ministers Meet To Discuss Increasing Aid RFE/RL 15 Jun 2022 -- The United States has announced additional rounds of weapons for Ukraine valued at around $1 billion as Ukraine presses the West to deliver more military aid in the face of a Russian offensive in the eastern Donbas region.
- US to Send Ukraine $1Bln Package With Harpoon Missile Launchers, Howitzers: Reports Sputnik 15 Jun 2022 -- The United States is expected to announce a $1 billion defense package for Ukraine that includes Harpoon missile launchers, howitzers and ammunition for high mobility artillery rocket systems (HIMARS), Politico reported on Tuesday.
- Biden announces another $1 bn in military aid for Ukraine, fanning flames of war Press TV 15 Jun 2022 -- The US government on Wednesday announced that it will provide Ukraine with an additional $1 billion in military aid, in response to repeated pleas for support from Kiev.
- Statement by President Joe Biden on Support for Ukraine and Call with President Zelenskyy of Ukraine The White House 15 Jun 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba US Dept. of State 15 Jun 2022
- Secretary of Defense Austin and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Milley Hold a Press Briefing After the Ukraine Defense Contact Group Meeting at NATO Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium, June 15, 2022 DoD 15 Jun 2022 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III; Joint Chiefs Of Staff Chairman General Mark Milley
- Secretary Austin Bilateral Meeting With Ukraine Minister of Defence Reznikov DoD 15 Jun 2022
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III Delivers Opening Remarks at the Ukraine Defense Contact Group Meeting at NATO Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium DoD 15 Jun 2022
- Opening Remarks by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III at the Ukraine Defense Contact Group (As Delivered) DoD 15 Jun 2022
- Austin Convenes Contact Group at 'Pivotal Moment' for Ukraine DoD News 15 Jun 2022 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III convened the third meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group in Belgium and urged nations to "not lose steam" in their efforts to supply Ukraine with the means to defend itself from the Russian invasion.
- Allies to Discuss Ukraine's Defense Needs VOA 15 Jun 2022 -- U.S. Defense Minister Lloyd Austin is leading a meeting of dozens of his counterparts from NATO member states and other parts of the world Wednesday to discuss their latest efforts to boost military aid to Ukraine in the face of the nearly four-month Russian invasion.
- More Than 50 Nations Pledge to Help Build Ukraine's Defense DoD News 15 Jun 2022 -- Representatives from more than 50 nations pledged to get more military capabilities into the hands of Ukrainian forces battling Russian invaders, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said today in Brussels.
- Joint Statement by the United States Department of Defense, the Ministry of Defence of the Federal Republic of Germany, and the Ministry of Defence of the United Kingdom DoD 15 Jun 2022 -- The United States, United Kingdom, and Germany are deeply committed to supporting Ukraine as it defends itself against Russia's unprovoked invasion. Russia has shifted its focus to the Donbas region, where it is engaging in a systematic long-range rocket and artillery barrage against defensive Ukrainian military positions and civilian infrastructure alike.
- OSCE human rights office condemns death sentences against captured soldiers OSCE 15 Jun 2022 -- Following the death sentences handed down to three soldiers reported to be members of the Ukrainian armed forces, the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) strongly condemns both their prosecution and sentencing, which have taken place in violation of international humanitarian law.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine, EU finalize deal on road transport liberalization People's Daily 15 Jun 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the Ukraine crisis:
- Minister Anand Announces Further Military Aid for Ukraine Canada 15 Jun 2022 -- Today, the Honourable Anita Anand, Minister of National Defence, announced that Canada will provide to Ukraine 10 replacement barrels to enable the sustainment of M777 howitzer artillery guns.
- Macron Vows To 'Do Everything' To Stop Russian War Machine In Ukraine RFE/RL 15 Jun 2022 -- French President Emmanuel Macron has vowed to "do everything" to halt Russia's war on Ukraine in an apparent departure from his previous stance toward Moscow that had sparked concern in Kyiv and among European allies of France's commitment to stand up to Moscow.
- PM call with President Zelenskyy: 15 June 2022 Gov.UK 15 Jun 2022 -- The Prime Minister spoke to President Zelenskyy this evening to reiterate the United Kingdom's unwavering support for Ukraine.
- China's Xi reaffirms support for Russia's 'sovereignty, security' amid Ukraine war Press TV 15 Jun 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday reaffirmed his country's support for Russia's "sovereignty and security" amid tensions between Moscow and the West over the war in Ukraine.
- Russia, Ukraine turn Indonesia into diplomatic battlefield Radio Free Asia 15 Jun 2022 -- The Russian and Ukrainian ambassadors have turned Indonesia - this year's G20 chair - into a diplomatic battlefield by holding tit-for-tat press briefings, becoming regulars at local newsrooms and giving interviews to present their versions of what's happening in the actual warzone.
- Anne Applebaum: 'Positive Future For Region' Depends On Russian Defeat In Ukraine RFE/RL 15 Jun 2022 -- A decisive Ukrainian military victory over invading Russian forces would likely reverberate throughout the region, potentially ushering in a "positive future," Anne Applebaum, the U.S. Pulitzer-Prize winning author, has predicted.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list