12 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Russia Strikes Sievierodonetsk Chemical Plant in Eastern Ukraine VOA 12 Jun 2022 -- Russian forces bombarded a chemical plant sheltering hundreds of soldiers and civilians in Ukraine's eastern city of Sievierodonetsk on Sunday, but the Luhansk regional governor said the plant remains under Ukrainian control.
- Russia says destroys large depot of Western weapons in Ukraine with cruise missiles Press TV 12 Jun 2022 -- Russia says its have destroyed a large depot containing US and European weapons in western Ukraine's Ternopil region with Kalibr cruise missiles.
- Russia Blows Up Key Bridge, Cutting Potential Syevyerodonetsk Escape Route RFE/RL 12 Jun 2022 -- Heavy fighting and shelling are raging around Syevyerodonetsk and Lysychansk in eastern Ukraine, with local officials saying Russian forces destroyed a bridge linking the twin cities, cutting off a potential escape route for civilians and soldiers.
- There are already 2606 affirmative answers to the question of whether Ukraine needs modern missile defense systems - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 12 Jun 2022
- Address by the President of Ukraine to the participants of the charity evening organized by CORE President of Ukraine 12 Jun 2022
- Stoltenberg: 'Peace is Possible' in Ukraine But Price Remains Questionable Sputnik 12 Jun 2022 -- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg says peace in Ukraine is possible, but the price that will have to be paid for it remains questionable.
- Update 81- IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 12 Jun 2022 -- The International Atomic Energy Agency and the Ukrainian operator of the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) have worked together to restore the remote transmission of vital safeguards data from the facility to IAEA headquarters after a technical interruption of almost two weeks, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- WTO Ministerial Conference: Joint Statement in Solidarity with Ukraine UK FCDO 12 Jun 2022 -- Over 50 WTO Members agreed a statement at the World Trade Organization's 12th Ministerial Conference (MC12) in solidarity with Ukraine. Ranil Jayawardena, Minister for International Trade, represented the UK at the meeting.
- British defense chief pledges to provide military aid for Ukraine People's Daily 12 Jun 2022 -- British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace has pledged to continue providing military aid for Kiev while meeting with his Ukrainian counterpart here, the Ukrainian Defense Ministry said Saturday.
- Chinese attendee refutes Western scholars' dÃ©jÃ vu rumors against China over reaction to Zelensky's speech at Shangri-La Dialogue Global Times 12 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese delegation attending the Shangri-La Dialogue summit in Singapore has become the target of rumors again, when two Western research fellows tweeted on Saturday that the Chinese delegation walked out of the meeting room when Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky started his speech via video link.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|