11 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Ukraine Reports Ammunition Shortage VOA 11 Jun 2022 -- A Ukrainian official said their army is running out of ammunition in its battles with Russian forces. In the Mykolaiv region near the frontline in the south of the country, the regional governor called for urgent international military assistance.
- Russian Shelling Sets Syevyerodonetsk Chemical Plant Ablaze As Defenders Desperately Hold Out RFE/RL 11 Jun 2022 -- Shelling by Russian forces has caused a massive fire at a chemical plant in the besieged eastern Ukrainian city of Syevyerodonetsk, the local governor said, as Ukrainian leaders continued to plea for additional weapons to fight off the onslaught by invading forces throughout the region.
- Battle for Severodonetsk rages as Ukraine seeks more Western weapons Press TV 11 Jun 2022 -- Heavy fighting continues around Ukraine's strategic city of Severodonetsk in Donbas, as Russian forces push to bring the eastern region completely under their control.
- Oleksii Reznikov and Ben Wallace discussed consolidation of Ukraine and Great Britain's efforts to repel Russia's armed aggression Ukraine MOD 11 Jun 2022
- Ukraine Leader Cautions That Russian Blockade May Cause Global Food Shortages VOA 11 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy warned Saturday that the Russian invasion of his country would harm the international order and cause severe economic losses for several countries. Speaking through a video link to ministers and officials from 42 countries attending the Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore, a prominent security summit, he underscored the importance of strong action.
- The decision to grant Ukraine candidate status will strengthen not only our state, but also the entire EU - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- Russia's war against Ukraine continues, so a powerful seventh package of sanctions is needed - President following talks with Ursula von der Leyen in Kyiv President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with the President of the European Commission in Kyiv President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- The world must return Russia to its borders - Volodymyr Zelenskyy at the Asian Security Summit President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- On the battlefield in Ukraine, it is being decided what rules the world will live by - speech by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy at the Shangri-La Dialogue, the Asian Security Summit President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- Ukraine counts on the decision of the European Union to grant it the status of a candidate for EU membership already in June - Ihor Zhovkva President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- Kyrylo Tymoshenko discussed with UNICEF representatives the restoration of educational institutions damaged by Russian aggression President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- Zelensky discusses support for Ukraine with British defense secretary People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Friday met with British Defense Secretary Ben Wallace to discuss support for Ukraine, the presidential press service reported.
- 'We must stop Russia,' Ukraine's leader urges Singapore security forum Radio Free Asia 11 Jun 2022 -- The future rules of the international order are playing out in Ukraine's war zones, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told the Shangri-La Dialogue security forum in Singapore as he rallied support for his country Saturday in its fight against Russia's invading forces.
- 'Russia Still Has The Potential To Wage A Long-Term War,' Warns Ukrainian Military Intelligence Official RFE/RL 11 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine is on the brink of losing the eastern region of Luhansk to Russia and is currently outgunned and running low on ammunition, a senior Ukrainian intelligence official has warned.
- Now all Ukrainians must be a united nation that is fighting and doesn't allow the world to divert attention away from the events in Ukraine - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 11 Jun 2022
- Russia Moving Forward With 'Referendum' Plans in Occupied Southern Ukraine, Says Kherson Mayor RFE/RL 11 Jun 2022 -- Russian forces in control of territory in Ukraine's south are moving forward with plans to hold a referendum on integrating the occupied areas into Russia, according to the mayor of the southern city of Kherson.
- Austin says Russian military operation in Ukraine 'preview' of 'possible world of chaos' Press TV 11 Jun 2022 -- US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has sounded the alarm about the "dangers of disorder" taking over the world, citing the Ukraine conflict as a warning signal.
- Biden Says Ukraine's Zelenskiy 'Didn't Want To Hear' U.S. Warnings About Invasion RFE/RL 11 Jun 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden has said that his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskiy "didn't want to hear" American warnings ahead of Russia's unprovoked invasion of his country.
- Russia-Ukraine conflict could push 11-19 mln into hunger worldwide: FAO People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- The fighting in Ukraine has a significant impact on the global food markets and could leave an additional 11 to 19 million people with chronic hunger, the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the United Nations (UN) warned on Friday.
- EU Chief Visits Kyiv to Discuss Ukraine Bid to Join Bloc VOA 11 Jun 2022 -- European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen is in Kyiv Saturday for a meeting with Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to discuss the country's reconstruction and progress towards European Union membership she said.
- Statement by President von der Leyen with Ukrainian President Zelenskyy on the occasion of the President's visit to Kyiv European Commission 11 Jun 2022
- European Commission Chief Tells Zelenskiy That Initial Opinion On Ukraine's EU Candidacy Likely Next Week RFE/RL 11 Jun 2022 -- The European Union's executive will likely be ready next week to present its opinion on Ukraine's request to join the 27-member bloc, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen told President Volodymyr Zelenskiy during a visit to Kyiv.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukrainian president signs sanction decrees on Russian president, officials People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine:
- Interview: Edward Luttwak, A Military Adviser To Presidents, Explains How The Ukraine War Began And How It Might End RFE/RL 11 Jun 2022 -- Edward Luttwak is among modern times' most sought-after military strategists, advising the Pentagon, presidents, and prime ministers around the world. He's also among their most controversial. Luttwak's analyses and conclusions are often described as being blunt, unequivocal, counterintuitive, and sometimes jarringly cynical.
- Russian Defendant In MH17 Trial Proclaims Innocence In Video Played In Court RFE/RL 11 Jun 2022 -- One of four defendants in the downing of a Malaysia Airlines flight over Ukraine in 2014 declared his innocence in a video aired on June 10 in the courtroom in the Netherlands where he and three other defendants were being tried in absentia.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|