07 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Russia Claims It Has 97% Control of Ukraine's Luhansk Province VOA 07 Jun 2022 -- Russia claimed Tuesday it has assumed control over almost all of Luhansk province in eastern Ukraine, but Ukrainian officials said their troops are standing their ground in fierce fighting with Moscow's forces in the streets of the region's key industrial city of Sievierodonetsk.
- Russia says seized full control of east Ukraine's key city after fierce fighting Press TV 07 Jun 2022 -- Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu on Tuesday said the country's forces have seized full control of the residential areas of Sievierodonetsk, a key city in Ukraine's east, while also announcing the arrest of thousands of Ukrainian troops.
- Street fighting rages as Russia pushes to capture Severodonetsk in Donbas Press TV 07 Jun 2022 -- Fierce street fighting rages in Ukraine's strategic city of Severodonetsk, as Russia is pushing to completely bring the eastern Donbas region under its control.
- Separatist Leader In Ukraine Confirms Death Of Another Russian General RFE/RL 07 Jun 2022 -- The leader of Moscow-backed separatists in Ukraine's eastern Donetsk region has confirmed reports that another senior Russian military commander, Major General Roman Kutuzov, was killed by Ukrainian forces during clashes with Russian troops.
- We must prepare for the next heating season, which due to the aggression of the Russian Federation will be the most difficult since independence - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 07 Jun 2022
- Andriy Yermak met with G7 ambassadors President of Ukraine 07 Jun 2022
- It would be appropriate to continue providing financial assistance to Ukrainian refugees from allied countries even after their return to Ukraine - Oleg Ustenko President of Ukraine 07 Jun 2022
- Ukraine's success in war with aggressor depends not only on unity of people, but also on weapons, sanctions and political support of the West - President President of Ukraine 07 Jun 2022
- Andriy Yermak met with the parliamentary delegation of the Republic of Korea President of Ukraine 07 Jun 2022
- Ukraine Will Recover Territory Taken By Russia, Zelenskiy Vows As Fighting In Donbas Rages RFE/RL 07 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine will fight to recover all its territory that has been occupied by Russian forces, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on June 7 as Ukrainian forces struggled to hold on to the eastern city of Syevyerodonetsk.
- Ukraine appoints three experts to be part of a mission under the OSCE's Moscow Mechanism OSCE 07 Jun 2022 -- On 2 June 2022 and following consultation with Ukraine, 45 OSCE participating States invoked the Moscow Mechanism in order to "consider, follow up and build upon the findings of the Moscow Mechanism report received by OSCE participating States on 12 April" addressing "the human rights and humanitarian impacts of the Russian Federation's invasion and acts of war, supported by Belarus, on the people of Ukraine, within Ukraine's internationally recognized borders and territorial waters".
- 'We Need the Iron Dome' Urges Ukraine's Envoy to Israel, But Kiev Unlikely to Get Air Defense System Sputnik 07 Jun 2022 -- While eager to export some weapons, such as drones and Spike missiles, Israel has been extremely protective of its Iron Dome air defense system, which has single-handedly enabled Israel to politically survive thousands of rockets fired by Gaza militants in response to Israel's bombing campaigns.
- Court Bans Publication Of Information On Russian Military Death Toll In Ukraine RFE/RL 07 Jun 2022 -- Several Russian online newspapers have been forced to take down a list of the country's military personnel killed in Moscow's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine after a court ruled the information was banned from being distributed.
- Lavrov Arrives In Turkey For Talks On Grain Exports RFE/RL 07 Jun 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has begun a two-day visit to Turkey, where he will hold talks on unblocking grain exports from Ukraine.
- Deputy Secretary Sherman's Meeting with Ukrainian Deputy Foreign Minister Senik US Dept. of State 07 Jun 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Call with African Union Commission Chairperson Faki US Dept. of State 07 Jun 2022
- WHO Director-General's opening remarks press briefing in Kyiv- 7 May 2022 WHO 07 Jun 2022
- Update 80 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 07 Jun 2022 -- Dozens of radiation detectors are once again transmitting data from the area around the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) after Ukraine - with technical support from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) - succeeded in reviving a vital information link that was cut at the start of the conflict more than 100 days ago, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- Ukrainian Nuclear Company Critical Of IAEA Plan On Visit To Russian-Occupied Plant RFE/RL 07 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine's state nuclear company, Enerhoatom, has rejected a plan by the UN's nuclear watchdog to send a mission to the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhya nuclear plant in southern Ukraine.
- EU's Foreign, Security and Defence Policy after the Russian invasion of Ukraine: Speech by High Representative/Vice-President Josep Borrell at the EP plenary European External Action Service (EEAS) 07 Jun 2022 -- Speech delivered by Executive Vice-President for An Economy that Works for People, Valdis Dombrovskis
- Ukraine: EU boosts operational support to humanitarian organisations European Commission 07 Jun 2022 -- As humanitarian needs continue to rise in Ukraine due to the illegal Russian invasion, the EU is providing direct operational support to aid organisations working inside the country.
- Federal Chancellor in Lithuania - "Putin must not and cannot be allowed to win this war" Germany - Federal Government 07 Jun 2022 -- During his visit to Lithuania, the Federal Chancellor stressed that Germany and its partners would continue to support Ukraine with arms supplies to ensure the country's defence capabilities in the medium term, too. At the meeting with the heads of state and government of the Baltic States, he praised the joint efforts by the EU to become independent of Russia in terms of energy.
- Only cease-fire and peace restoration can fundamentally avoid trauma for women and children: Chinese envoy on Ukrainian conflict Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- Only through cease-fire and the restoration of peace can the trauma of conflict for women and children be fundamentally avoided, a Chinese envoy said on Monday, warning that constantly providing weapons or imposing sanctions and pressure will only perpetuate and expand the Ukraine conflict.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|