06 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Street-to-Street Fighting Reported in Ukraine's Sievierodonetsk VOA 06 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian and Russian forces engaged in intense street-to-street fighting in the eastern city of Sievierodonetsk on Monday as Ukraine's president said Russian troops were also intending to capture the key southeastern city of Zaporizhzhia.
- Battle Rages Around Syevyerodonetsk As Russians Turn To 'Scorched-Earth' Policy RFE/RL 06 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian forces are fighting a "fierce" battle for the control of the eastern city of Syevyerodonetsk, leaving thousands caught in the cross fire, with regional Governor Serhiy Hayday saying Russian forces have turned to "scorched-earth tactics."
- Luhansk Official Says Ukrainian Forces Lose Ground in Sievierodonetsk VOA 06 Jun 2022 -- After making gains in recent days, Ukrainian fighters fighting in the city of Sievierodonetsk have lost some ground back to Russian forces, the region's governor said.
- Main Intelligence Directorate deals with the issue of returning servicemen who left the Azovstal plant, and it must provide the result - Head of State President of Ukraine 06 Jun 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy: As the President of a warring state, I have one priority - to turn war into our victory President of Ukraine 06 Jun 2022
- The Yermak-McFaul International Group presented a Roadmap for individual sanctions. President of Ukraine 06 Jun 2022
- Address by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy following the working trip to the Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk and Luhansk regions President of Ukraine 06 Jun 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy visited the positions of Ukrainian troops in the area of Bakhmut and Lysychansk President of Ukraine 06 Jun 2022
- Meeting with Human Rights Commissioner Tatyana Moskalkova President of Russia 06 Jun 2022 -- Human Rights Commissioner Tatyana Moskalkova presented her annual performance report to the President and told him about the work to bring Russian military personnel back from captivity and to ensure the rights of the citizens who have arrived from the DPR, LPR and Ukraine.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Moscow will "draw appropriate conclusions" if Washington supplies long-range missiles to Kiev -- Putin People's Daily 06 Jun 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine:
- Moscow will "draw appropriate conclusions" if Washington supplies long-range missiles to Kiev: Putin People's Daily 06 Jun 2022 -- Moscow will "draw appropriate conclusions" and hit new targets if Washington delivers long-range missiles to Kiev, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in an interview broadcast on Sunday.
- Russia's UN Envoy Says Western Long-Range Artillery, Rocket Systems Hitting Donbass Civilians Sputnik 06 Jun 2022 -- Long-range artillery and rocket systems being delivered to Ukraine by the United States and United Kingdom are emboldening Ukraine to intensify strikes on civilian targets in the Donbas republics, Russian Ambassador to the UN Vassily Nebenzia said on Monday during a Security Council meeting.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Secretary Thomas J. Vilsack Opening Remarks at a Virtual Roundtable Discussion on "Food Security Issues Arising from Russia's Invasion of Ukraine" US Dept. of State 06 Jun 2022
- Reports of sexual violence in Ukraine rising fast, Security Council hears UN News 06 Jun 2022 -- Allegations of sexual violence by Russian troops in Ukraine are mounting, a senior UN official told the Security Council on Monday, expressing regret over a stark discrepancy between that painful reality, and the global community's ambition to end the use of rape as a weapon of war.
- Grossi Expresses Concern to IAEA Board about Safeguards in Iran; Nuclear Safety, Security and Safeguards at Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine IAEA 06 Jun 2022 -- The IAEA cannot confirm the correctness and completeness of Iran's declarations under its Comprehensive Safeguards Agreement, Director General Rafael M. Grossi told the IAEA's Board of Governors today.
- UK to gift multiple-launch rocket systems to Ukraine UK MOD 06 Jun 2022 -- Defence Secretary Ben Wallace announced that Britain will send M270 launchers, which can strike targets up to 80km away with precision guided rockets.
- Britain Gives Ukraine Long-Range Missiles to Counter 'Brutal Russian Artillery' VOA 06 Jun 2022 -- Britain announced Monday it will supply an unspecified number of long-range missile launchers to Ukraine, following the United States' decision last week to send similar weapons. Ukrainian troops will be trained to use the systems in Britain in the coming weeks.
- UK to send 'cutting edge' rocket system to Ukraine, defying Moscow's warnings Press TV 06 Jun 2022 -- The UK is set to send a "cutting edge" rocket system to Ukraine to help the embattled troops halt Russia's rapid advances in the besieged east of the country, despite Moscow's warnings of not fanning the flames of war.
- Russia's illegal aggression in Ukraine has led to a disturbing increase in conflict-related sexual violenceâ€” UK Statement at the UN Security Council UK FCDO 06 Jun 2022 -- Statement by Ambassador James Kariuki at the UN Security Council briefing on Ukraine
- PM call with President Zelenskyy: 6 June 2022 Gov.UK 06 Jun 2022 -- The Prime Minister spoke to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy this morning.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|