02 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 02.06 Ukraine MOD 02 Jun 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on June 2, 2022 Ukraine MOD 02 Jun 2022
- Zelenskiy Claims Some Success In Battle For Control Of Syevyerodonetsk RFE/RL 02 Jun 2022 -- Ukrainian forces have had some success fighting Russians in the city of Syevyerodonetsk, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said in his late-night address on June 2, but the overall military situation in the Donbas region, which he previously characterized as "very difficult," has not changed.
- Russia tightening grip on key city in eastern Ukraine Press TV 02 Jun 2022 -- Russian forces are attempting to tighten their grip on a key industrial city in eastern Ukraine, as they continue to achieve significant territorial gains in the Donbass region.
- Russian forces seize part of key city in eastern Ukraine People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- Russian forces took control over the eastern part of Severodonetsk city, the administrative center of the Ukraine-controlled part of the Lugansk region, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces said Wednesday.
- Ukrainian Cabinet Estimates Country's Overall Losses From Russia's Operation at $600Bln Sputnik 02 Jun 2022 -- The Ukrainian cabinet said on Thursday that the cumulative economic damage inflicted by the hostilities amid Russia's military operation in Ukraine has risen to $600 billion.
- We have already started working on new sanctions packages against Russia, it will pay the full price for the destruction of the lives of neighbors - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- Granting Ukraine EU candidate status will demonstrate unity of European states - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- President of Ukraine at the GLOBSEC International Security Forum in Bratislava: We must respond to all the challenges and dangers that Russia has created against us President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- Andriy Yermak and Valerii Zaluzhny discussed new package of military aid for Ukraine with Jacob Sullivan and Mark Milley President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- President of Ukraine and Palantir CEO discussed cooperation in the defense and security sector President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- Sanctions pressure on Russia should be continued and a full embargo on Russian energy should be imposed to force the Kremlin to end the war against Ukraine - Yermak-McFaul International Expert Group President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- Speech by the President of Ukraine in the Chamber of Deputies of Luxembourg President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- Address by the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Andriy Yermak to the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Gulf Cooperation Council President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- Every person matters, this is the main thing that distinguishes us from the occupiers - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 02 Jun 2022
- Ukraine, Poland agree on joint projects in defense, energy, regional development People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- The governments of Ukraine and Poland on Wednesday signed a string of bilateral documents in the fields of defense, energy and regional development, the Ukrainian government press service reported.
- Moscow says US plan to sell armed drones to Ukraine will not impact Russia's military operation Press TV 02 Jun 2022 -- The Kremlin says the plan by the United States to sell armed drones to Ukraine will not change the parameters of Russia's military operation in the ex-Soviet country.
- Russian Military Warns Foreign Mercenaries Fighting in Ukraine Are Criminally Liable Sputnik 02 Jun 2022 -- Earlier, Russian Ambassador in Vienna Dmitry Lyubinsky said that Ukraine's embassy in Austria attempted to recruit foreign mercenaries to fight against the Russian military in Ukraine.
- U.S. "adds fuel to fire" by supplying weapons to Ukraine: Kremlin People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- The United States is "purposefully and diligently adding fuel to the fire" by continuously providing military assistance to Ukraine, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Wednesday.
- US announces $700 million package for Ukraine, plans to sell armed drones Press TV 02 Jun 2022 -- The Biden administration has announced a new $700 million weapons package for Ukraine that will include the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS).
- New U.S. Envoy Pledges To Oversee Washington's Support For Ukraine As She Presents Credentials RFE/RL 02 Jun 2022 -- The new U.S. ambassador to Ukraine promised more weaponry to help the country in its fight against Russia after presenting her credentials to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on June 2 in Kyiv.
- US to Sell Gray Eagle Combat Drones to Ukraine, Capable of Carrying Hellfire Missile - Report Sputnik 02 Jun 2022 -- Amid the ongoing conflict, Ukraine has used a variety of smaller, shorter-range unmanned aerial systems against the armed forces of Russia and the Donbass republics. The Turkish Bayraktar-TB2 and the AeroVironment RQ-20 Puma AE are two of them. Some drones fell into the hands of the Russians in perfect condition, as the Ukrainians left them behind.
- War In Ukraine Has Become War Of Attrition Likely To End Through Negotiations, NATO Chief Says RFE/RL 02 Jun 2022 -- The war in Ukraine has become "a war of attrition," and Western nations must prepare for "the long haul," NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg warned on June 2 following talks with U.S. President Joe Biden.
- Emergency in Ukraine - External Situation Report #14 WHO 02 Jun 2022
- Interview: 'Any way you look at it, wars are evil', UN Ukraine Crisis chief UN News 02 Jun 2022 -- Amin Awad was appointed the UN Crisis Coordinator in Ukraine by Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres in February, following the Russian attack on the country. Marking 100 days since the 24 February Russian invasion of Ukraine, UN News spoke exclusively and in-depth to Mr. Awad, who explained what the UN is doing to try to end the conflict, and provide support and protection to millions of Ukrainian civilians caught in the crossfire, especially in light of the bitterly cold winter, which lies just a few months ahead.
- UN warns of potential global food crisis due to Russia-Ukraine conflict People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- The Russia-Ukraine conflict could lead to a global food crisis that will hit developing countries the hardest, United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned in Stockholm on Wednesday.
- OSCE Moscow Mechanism invoked again on Russia's war in Ukraine: joint statement UK FCDO 02 Jun 2022 -- French Ambassador Fages gives a statement on behalf of 45 OSCE participating States on invoking the Moscow Mechanism a second time in response to Russia's war on Ukraine.
- Russia must be held accountable for their crimes in Ukraine: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 02 Jun 2022 -- Ambassador Bush stresses that the Russian government must pay the price of its actions in Ukraine, and highlights the importance of accountability mechanisms.
- UK Reportedly Waiting for Green Light From US to Send Long-Range Rocket System to Ukraine Sputnik 02 Jun 2022 -- Joe Biden authorised the delivery of four M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) to Ukraine on Wednesday, with the weapons said to already be prepositioned in Europe for rapid deployment to Kiev. The HIMARS the US is sending will use ammunition with a range of 80 km, not the 300 km afforded by the system's longest-range ammunition.
- Danes vote yes to abolish EU defence opt-out - here are the next steps Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark 02 Jun 2022 -- A majority of Danes voted yes on 1 June, allowing Denmark to participate in the European cooperation on security and defence by abolishing the opt-out concerning the EU Common Security and Defence Policy.
- Denmark votes to join EU defence pact amid concerns over Russia-Ukraine conflict People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- Denmark has voted to join the European Union's defence pact and scrap its 30-year-old opt-out from the bloc's common security and defence policies.
- Denmark votes overwhelmingly to join EU's common defense policy Press TV 02 Jun 2022 -- Denmark has voted overwhelmingly in favor of joining the European Union's common defense policy in a referendum prompted by Russia's military offensive against Ukraine.
- Denmark to Join EU Common Defence Policy on 1 July Sputnik 02 Jun 2022 -- Denmark is expected to completely abandon the defence opt-out and join EU security cooperation arrangements on 1 July, the Danish Foreign Ministry said on Thursday.
- Denmark Votes to Allow Its Soldiers to Join EU's Military Assignments Sputnik 02 Jun 2022 -- An overwhelming majority has in Denmark's recent referendum voted in favour of abandoning the 30-year-old defence opt-out and joining the EU's military cooperation - with the nation's pro-EU parties celebrating it as a token of solidarity with the rest of Europe.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Ukraine, Poland agree on defense cooperation People's Daily 02 Jun 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine:
- Many of Western arms in Ukraine will end up in black market: Interpol Press TV 02 Jun 2022 -- The International Criminal Police Organization, or Interpol, has warned that many of the arms being sent by the West to Ukraine will ultimately end up in criminal hands in Europe and beyond.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|