01 June 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on June 1 2022 Ukraine MOD 01 Jun 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 01.06 Ukraine MOD 01 Jun 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on June 1 2022 Ukraine MOD 01 Jun 2022
- Russia Relentlessly Shelling Sievierodonetsk in Eastern Ukraine VOA 01 Jun 2022 -- Russia relentlessly shelled Sievierodonetsk in eastern Ukraine on Wednesday, with the Luhansk regional governor conceding that Moscow's forces now control 70% of the city and that evacuation of civilians had been halted.
- Can Western Artillery Stop Russia's Progress In The Donbas? RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- Over the past several weeks, Russian troops have slowly expanded their control of territory in the Donbas, pounding Ukrainian defense forces with artillery bombardments and reducing towns and villages to rubble.
- Russians Now Said To Control Most Of Syevyerodonetsk, As Kyiv Awaits Critical Weapons RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- Russian forces have taken control of most of the key Donbas city of Syevyerodonetsk amid fierce house-to-house fighting as Kyiv awaits delivery of crucial advanced U.S. and German weaponry that Moscow warned would "pour gas on the fire" in the war in eastern Ukraine.
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy took part in the opening of the Ukrainian-Polish intergovernmental consultations President of Ukraine 01 Jun 2022
- Andriy Yermak: Weapons, sanctions and consolidated position of democratic world will help stop Russian aggression President of Ukraine 01 Jun 2022
- Speech by Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Andriy Yermak at a meeting of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence of the Irish Parliament President of Ukraine 01 Jun 2022
- Russia says US 'pouring oil on the fire' by supplying Ukraine with rockets Press TV 01 Jun 2022 -- Russia has slammed the United States for sending more advanced rocket systems to Ukraine amid heightened tensions, saying Washington is adding fuel to the fire and that it does not trust Kiev not to fire them into Russia.
- Lavrov Slams Kiev's Demands for Foreign MLRS as 'Direct Provocation' Sputnik 01 Jun 2022 -- The US earlier gave the green light to ship MLRS rocket launchers to Ukraine. However, President Joe Biden has claimed that Russian territory will not be within range of the weapons Washington is due to send.
- Russian Lawmakers Expelled From Communist Faction After Calling On Putin To Stop Ukraine War RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- Two Russian lawmakers in the Far Eastern region of Primorye Krai have been thrown out of the Communist Party's faction in the regional parliament after they called on President Vladimir Putin to stop military operations in Ukraine and withdraw all troops, in what was a rare display of political protest in Russia.
- Russia says it did everything to avert global food crisis amid Ukraine operation Press TV 01 Jun 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says his country did everything in its power to avert a food crisis amid Moscow's ongoing military operation in Ukraine.
- $700 Million in Additional Security Assistance for Ukraine DoD 01 Jun 2022 -- Today, June 1, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $700 million, tailored to meet critical Ukrainian needs for today's fight. This authorization is the eleventh drawdown of equipment from DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.
- $700 Million Drawdown of New U.S. Military Assistance for Ukraine US Dept. of State 01 Jun 2022 -- In the three months since it launched its unprovoked and brutal further invasion of Ukraine, Russia has consistently failed to meet its strategic objectives.
- US to Send 'Advanced Rocket Systems' to Ukraine VOA 01 Jun 2022 -- President Joe Biden said Wednesday that the United States was providing Ukraine with a $700 million package of "more advanced rocket systems and munitions" as the Russian invasion entered its fourth month, but White House officials said Ukraine had vowed not to fire those rockets into Russian territory.
- Fact Sheet on U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine DoD 01 Jun 2022 -- The United States has committed approximately $5.3 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration, including approximately $4.6 billion since the beginning of Russia's unprovoked invasion on February 24.
- Memorandum on the Delegation of Authority Under Section 506(a)(1) of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 The White House 01 Jun 2022
- Statement by President Joe Biden on Additional Security Assistance to Ukraine The White House 01 Jun 2022
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin's Call With Ukraine's Minister of Defence Oleksii Reznikov DoD 01 Jun 2022
- Advanced Rocket Launcher System Heads to Ukraine DoD News 01 Jun 2022 -- As part of the latest presidential drawdown package for Ukraine â€” this one worth $700 million dollars â€” the Defense Department has included four M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, or HIMARS.
- U.S. to send medium-range rocket systems to Ukraine People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- The United States will send medium-range rocket systems to Ukraine in a new security assistance package, senior administration officials said Tuesday.
- Biden Says U.S. Agrees To Send Longer-Range Rocket Systems To Ukraine RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden has agreed to provide Ukraine with advanced rocket systems that can strike with precision at targets up to 80 kilometers away.
- Biden: US Not Seeking Putin Ouster or War Btwn NATO & Russia But Will 'Stay Course' on Ukraine Aid Sputnik 01 Jun 2022 -- Since Russia's special military operation began on February 24, the Biden administration has provided Ukraine with unprecedented financial and military aid that ramps up to over $50 billion already. This, however, falls somewhat short of what Ukraine claims it requires, as Kiev tends to increase its demands.
- US sending medium-range rocket systems to Ukraine: Biden Press TV 01 Jun 2022 -- The administration of US President Joe Biden announced that it will send Ukraine a small number of high-tech, medium-range rocket systems, in a further ratcheting up of Washington's offensive against Moscow over its military action against the Kiev government.
- NATO Hoping Ukraine Will Prevail in War with Russia VOA 01 Jun 2022 -- Ukraine's most stalwart backers in the West are promising there will be no let-up in support, despite increasingly tough talk from Russian officials.
- Ukraine: At least two children killed in war every day, says UNICEF UN News 01 Jun 2022 -- In Ukraine, nearly 100 days since the Russian invasion, at least two children have been killed every day with many more injured, UN humanitarians said on Wednesday, the International Day for Protection of Children.
- Ukraine: 'Perfect storm' threatens economic devastation in developing world UN News 01 Jun 2022 -- Russia's continued invasion of Ukraine is causing immense suffering and devastation there, but also creating a "perfect storm" which could devastate the economies of "many developing countries", the UN chief warned on Wednesday.
- Pope Warns Of Weaponizing Food As Ukrainian Grain Blockaded RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- Pope Francis has warned that food cannot become a weapon in the war Russia has launched against Ukraine.
- EU says to facilitate food exports from Ukraine People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said on Tuesday that her institution was working hard on building "solidarity lanes" to facilitate food exports from Ukraine, in particular the over 20 million tons of grain blocked in the country's stores.
- Croatia's prime minister visits Federal Chancellor Scholz - Ongoing full support for Ukraine Germany - Federal Government 01 Jun 2022 -- When Prime Minister Andrej PlenkoviÄ‡ of Croatia visited the Chancellery in Berlin on Wednesday, Federal Chancellor Scholz acknowledged the 400,000 people living in Germany who have Croatian roots. In addition he stressed the close links between Croatia and Germany through their memberships of NATO and the European Union, and, just as importantly, between the citizens of the two countries.
- Germany Pledges Anti-Aircraft Systems To Ukraine Amid Criticism It's Not Doing Enough RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has pledged to send Ukraine high-tech anti-aircraft systems as Germany looks to quell criticism from opposition members that it hasn't provided enough military aid in the fight against Russia's unprovoked invasion.
- German Military Says It Has No IRIS-T Missiles and Radars Promised by Scholz to Ukraine Sputnik 01 Jun 2022 -- The reserves of German armed forces (Bundeswehr) have no IRIS-T air defence systems and tracking radars which Chancellor Olaf Scholz promised to send to Ukraine, but deliveries may come directly from the military-industrial complex, the German defense ministry said on Wednesday.
- 'Show What You Can Do!': Lithuanian Citizens Raise $6 Million To Buy An Attack Drone For Ukraine RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- A joke has been making the rounds on Lithuanian social media in recent weeks with the punchline: "Let's all pitch in and buy a tank for Ukraine."
- What is the 'Game-Changer' HIMARS Rocket Artillery Biden is Sending to Ukraine? Sputnik 01 Jun 2022 -- On Wednesday, US President Joe Biden announced a new military assistance package for Ukraine amid that country's recent territorial losses to Russian forces and their allies in the Donbass. Among the weapons in the package is a multiple-launch rocket system, HIMARS, that can carry longer range missiles.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|