31 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Russia Taking Command of Sievierodonetsk, Ukraine Officials Concede VOA 31 May 2022 -- Russia has taken control of half or more of the eastern Ukrainian city of Sievierodonetsk that plays a pivotal role in Moscow's attempt to capture the industrial Donbas region, the city's mayor and a Ukrainian regional governor acknowledged Tuesday.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 31 2022 Ukraine MOD 31 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 31.05 Ukraine MOD 31 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 31 2022 Ukraine MOD 31 May 2022
- Russia takes control of half of key city in east Ukraine Press TV 31 May 2022 -- Russian forces have taken partial control over a key industrial city in eastern Ukraine, as they continue an unrelenting push deeper into the Donbass region.
- Russian Troops Control Most Of Syevyerodonetsk, Eastern Ukrainian Regional Official Says RFE/RL 31 May 2022 -- The head of the Luhansk regional military administration says Russian troops control most of the city of Syevyerodonetsk but fears that Ukrainian forces will be surrounded are unfounded.
- 600 Russians Suspected of War Crimes, Says Ukraine's Top Prosecutor VOA 31 May 2022 -- Ukraine's top prosecutor says she has identified more than 600 Russians suspected of war crimes.
- Two Russian Soldiers Handed Lengthy Prison Terms In Ukraine For Attacks On Civilian Targets RFE/RL 31 May 2022 -- A court in Ukraine's northeastern town of Kotelva has sentenced two Russian soldiers to 11.5 years in prison each after finding them guilty of violating the rules of war.
- Ukraine Court Sentences 2 Russian Soldiers for Shelling Civilians VOA 31 May 2022 -- A Ukrainian court sentenced two Russian soldiers to 11¬Ĺ-year prison terms on Tuesday after they had pleaded guilty last week to indiscriminately shelling civilian targets in the Kharkiv region, from across the border in Russia.
- Everyone should be a lobbyist for the supply of heavy weapons to Ukraine, which can speed up our victory - President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 31 May 2022
- President of Ukraine: Our plan is to deoccupy our entire territory, and we don't care about Russia's plans President of Ukraine 31 May 2022
- Slovakia will continue to provide maximum security assistance to Ukraine - Volodymyr Zelenskyy following the meeting with Zuzana ńĆaputov√° in Kyiv President of Ukraine 31 May 2022
- Spain supports Ukraine's European integration progress - Ihor Zhovkva President of Ukraine 31 May 2022
- Ukrainian Parliament Fires Ombudswoman Denisova Citing Lax Efforts In Response To Russian Invasion RFE/RL 31 May 2022 -- Ukrainian lawmakers have fired Ombudswoman Lyudmila Denisova almost one year before her term's end, saying she failed to help organize humanitarian corridors and citing other alleged inaction related to Russia's invasion.
- Ukrainian Parliament Approves Sanctions Against Russian Orthodox Church Leadership RFE/RL 31 May 2022 -- The Ukrainian parliament has approved sanctions against the leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Kirill, and his associates over their support of Russia's aggression against Ukraine.
- Ukraine Seizes Assets Of Russia's Tatneft Oil Giant RFE/RL 31 May 2022 -- Ukraine has seized assets belonging to Russia's Tatneft oil giant that are in Ukraine along with the assets of companies linked to it.
- New division of Ukraine's Azov Battalion formed in Kharkiv People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- A new division of the Azov Battalion of Ukraine has been formed in the eastern city of Kharkiv, the Ukrainian UNIAN news agency reported on Monday.
- Zelensky, Erdogan agree on need to restore peace in Ukraine People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Monday that he had talks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, with both sides agreeing on the need to restore peace in Ukraine.
- Turkish, Ukrainian presidents discuss export of Ukraine's agricultural products by sea People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday told his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelensky that Turkey attaches importance to the project of creating a safe corridor for the export of Ukraine's agricultural products by sea, Erdogan's office said in a statement.
- Ukrainian president, French FM discuss support for Ukraine People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Monday met with visiting French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna to discuss support for Kiev, the presidential press service said.
- Putin, Erdogan discuss situation in Ukraine over phone People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin discussed the situation in Ukraine during a telephone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday.
- US to Send 'Advanced Rocket Systems' to Ukraine VOA 31 May 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden said Tuesday he decided to provide Ukraine with "more advanced rocket systems and munitions" as part of U.S. efforts to help the Ukrainian fight against a Russian invasion now in its fourth month.
- US to Send Ukraine Precision-Guided Missiles With Range of Over 60 Kilometers - WSJ Sputnik 31 May 2022 -- The Biden administration intends to provide Ukraine with precision-guided missiles that could hit targets from a distance of over 60 km as part of efforts to boost Ukrainian military amid Russia's special operation, The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, citing US officials.
- Ukraine conflict should end in 'logical choice' for peace: US general Press TV 31 May 2022 -- Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley, has suggested that Moscow and Kiev make a "logical choice" to end the conflict.
- U.S. not providing Ukraine with long-range rocket systems: Biden People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- The United States will not provide Ukraine with long-range rocket systems capable of hitting targets inside Russia, President Joe Biden said Monday, despite pleas from Ukraine for the advanced weaponry.
- Update 78 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 31 May 2022 -- An expert mission sent by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is this week carrying out nuclear safety, security and safeguards activities at Ukraine's Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP), Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- One hundred days of war in Ukraine have left 5.2 million children in need of humanitarian assistance UNICEF 31 May 2022 -- Nearly 100 days of war in Ukraine have wrought devastating consequences for children at a scale and speed not seen since World War II, UNICEF said today. Three million children inside Ukraine and over 2.2 million children in refugee-hosting countries are now in need of humanitarian assistance. Almost two out of every three children have been displaced by fighting.
- UN In Talks On Ukrainian Grain As Kyiv Accuses Russia Of Playing 'Hunger Games' By Blocking Exports RFE/RL 31 May 2022 -- The United Nations says a senior UN official had "constructive discussions" in Moscow on facilitating Russian grain and fertilizer exports to global markets after Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba accused Russia of "playing hunger games" with the world by blocking Ukrainian food exports.
- European Council conclusions on Ukraine, 30 May 2022 EC/CEU 31 May 2022
- European Council calls on Russia to unblock Ukrainian grain exports Finnish Government 31 May 2022 -- On Tuesday 31 May, the second day of its special meeting, the European Council discussed security, defence and food security.
- France to deliver more Caesar howitzers to Ukraine: French FM People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Visiting French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna said on Monday that her country will deliver more Caesar howitzers to Ukraine, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Putin, Erdogan discuss situation in Ukraine over phone People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine:
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 31 VOA 31 May 2022
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|