28 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 28 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 28.05 Ukraine MOD 28 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 28 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 May 2022
- Three types of 155-mm artillery are already working successfully on the front lines: M777, FH70 howitzers and CAESAR SPHs - Oleksii Reznikov Ukraine MOD 28 May 2022
- Russia Announces Capture of Strategic Railway Town in Eastern Ukraine VOA 28 May 2022 -- Russia's military says it has taken the eastern Ukrainian town of Lyman, a key railway hub in the Donetsk region. The capture could signal a shift in momentum in the Ukraine war.
- Russia captures key town in Donbas as fighting rages on in eastern Ukraine Press TV 28 May 2022 -- Russia says the strategic northeastern town of Lyman in eastern Ukraine has fallen under its full control, as Moscow's offensive against its neighbor continues unabated.
- Ukraine says doing 'everything' to defend Donbas, may be forced to retreat Press TV 28 May 2022 -- Ukrainian officials say they will do "everything" to defend Donbas to prevent the eastern area from being surrounded by Russian forces.
- Russian Commander In Kherson Bars Ukrainians From Fleeing To Pro-Kyiv Regions RFE/RL 28 May 2022 -- Residents of a southern region of Ukraine captured by Russian troops have confirmed Russian reports that the military commander put in charge of the area has banned Ukrainians from departing for regions controlled by Ukraine.
- Russians Press Ahead In Donbas Pocket As Ukrainian Forces On Retreat, Officials Say RFE/RL 28 May 2022 -- Russian forces reportedly made further gains in the last pocket of Ukrainian resistance in the eastern Donbas region, as Kyiv admitted that it may have to abandon Syevyerodonetsk, one of the two main cities still under its control but which Russians appear close to surrounding.
- Ukrainian PM, German development minister discuss Ukraine's post-conflict recovery People's Daily 28 May 2022 -- Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said on Friday he discussed his country's post-conflict reconstruction with Germany's Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development Svenja Schulze during their talks in Kiev.
- Ukraine negotiator: Agreement with Russia cannot be trusted, It can only be stopped by force Press TV 28 May 2022 -- Ukraine's chief negotiator in peace talks with Russia says there is no use in seeking out an agreement with Moscow, which has been conducting a military operation in the ex-Soviet republic, saying it can only be stopped by force.
- Terror has become in fact the only form of Russian action against both Ukraine and Europe - President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's address President of Ukraine 28 May 2022
- Telephone conversation with President of France Emmanuel Macron and Federal Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz President of Russia 28 May 2022 -- Vladimir Putin spoke by telephone with President of the French Republic Emmanuel Macron and Federal Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz.
- Press release: telephone conversation with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and Russian President Vladimir Putin √Člys√©e - President of France 28 May 2022 -- On their joint initiative, the President of the French Republic and the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany held a conversation with President Putin this morning, Saturday 28th May 2022.
- Putin Ties Ukraine Grain Flow To Sanctions Relief; Macron And Scholz Urge Serious Peace Effort RFE/RL 28 May 2022 -- Russia's president seemingly conditioned a potential reopening of Ukraine's grain exports on a relaxation of Western sanctions imposed after Russia invaded Ukraine, while his French and German counterparts responded with the need for a Russian withdrawal and "serious" peace efforts from Moscow.
- More western arms supplies to Ukraine risks 'further destabilization': Putin Press TV 28 May 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned the leaders of France and Germany against the West's continued delivery of weapons to Ukraine, saying the move could further destabilize the situation in the former Soviet state.
- US to transfer long-range rocket systems to Ukraine, signaling 'unacceptable escalation' Press TV 28 May 2022 -- The US has decided to further extend military aid to Ukraine, transferring long-range rocket systems to the country while Russia continues to make advancements in its special operations in the Donbas.
- Ukrainian FM, U.S. secretary of state discuss military support for Ukraine People's Daily 28 May 2022 -- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said on Friday he had discussed military support for Ukraine with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken.
- Putin's Invasion of Ukraine Unites Europe, US Ambassador Says VOA 28 May 2022 -- In early May, VOA Eastern Europe bureau chief Myroslava Gongadze spoke with Mark Brzezinski, the U.S. ambassador to Poland. This interview has been edited for clarity and brevity.
- Denmark, U.S. Sending Kyiv Harpoon Missiles And Howitzers, Says Ukrainian Defense Minister RFE/RL 28 May 2022 -- Ukraine has started receiving Harpoon anti-ship missiles from Denmark and self-propelled howitzers from the United States, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov said on May 28.
- PM call with President Zelenskyy: 28 May 2022 Gov.UK 28 May 2022 -- The Prime Minister spoke to Ukrainian President Zelenskyy this morning.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Turkey maintains reservations over Nordics' NATO bids People's Daily 28 May 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine:
- Ex-President Poroshenko Says Blocked From Leaving Ukraine RFE/RL 28 May 2022 -- Former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on May 28 that he was barred from leaving the country and accused the government of breaking a so-called political cease-fire in place since Russia invaded on February 24.
- Envoy Talks About Ukraine, the War and its Postwar Future VOA 28 May 2022 -- In mid-May, VOA Eastern Europe bureau chief Myroslava Gongadze spoke with Alexandra Vasylenko, special envoy on coordination of humanitarian assistance to the minister for foreign affairs of Ukraine. This interview has been edited for clarity and brevity.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 28 VOA 28 May 2022 -- The latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. All times EDT:
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|