27 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 27 2022 Ukraine MOD 27 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 27.05 Ukraine MOD 27 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 27 2022 Ukraine MOD 27 May 2022
- Battles In Ukraine's East 'Very Difficult;' Governor Says Troops May Have To Retreat To Defend Themselves RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy called the current situation in the Donbas region "very difficult" as Russian forces and Moscow-backed separatists attacked the last Ukrainian strongholds in the eastern Luhansk region.
- Russians Close To Encircling Key Town, Zelenskiy Urges Talks With Putin RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- Russian forces have further intensified their shelling of the last Ukrainian strongholds in the eastern Luhansk region, making their biggest gains in weeks and closing in on capturing the key cities of Syeveyerodonetsk and Lysychansk.
- If the occupiers think that Lyman or Severodonetsk will be theirs, they are wrong; Donbas will be Ukrainian - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- Ukraine does not need to strengthen the powers of the authorities, but it is necessary to create a strict security system - President President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy: Sanctions are the right weapon against the aggressor, which does not take people's lives President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- Ukrainians and Americans have become much closer: we equally understand the word "freedom" - address by the President of Ukraine to the Stanford University community President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- President held a meeting with members of the Government of Ukraine President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- G20 must demonstrate its clear position on Russian aggression - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- President of Ukraine: We must prevent a large-scale famine provoked by Russia President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- Russia's war against Ukraine affects global situation - address by the President of Ukraine to the Foreign Policy Community of Indonesia (FPCI) President of Ukraine 27 May 2022
- Zelenskiy Says Talks With Putin Needed To Get 'Our Lives Back' RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said that he must hold talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin in order to safeguard Ukraine's sovereignty and existence.
- In Rare Display Of Dissent, Lawmakers In Russia's Far East Urge Putin To Stop Ukraine War RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- In a rare display of political protest in Russia, a group of lawmakers representing the Communist Party in the Far Eastern region of Primorye have called on President Vladimir Putin to stop military operations in Ukraine and withdraw all troops from the country.
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 27 May 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Kuleba US Dept. of State 27 May 2022
- Ukraine's Military Needs Change as Battle With Russia Continues DoD News 27 May 2022 -- The United States is supporting Ukraine's fight against Vladimir Putin's unjust war for the long run and is laser-focused on getting Ukrainian service members the equipment and supplies they need, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said today.
- US Talking With Ukraine About Delivering More Powerful Rocket Launchers VOA 27 May 2022 -- U.S. military officials acknowledge they have spoken to Ukrainian officials repeatedly about Kyiv's requests for newer, more advanced weapons that could help stave off Russian gains in the Donbas but refuse to say publicly whether those systems will be delivered anytime soon.
- A Proclamation: Adjusting Imports of Steel Into the United States (Ukraine) The White House 27 May 2022
- Ukrainian refugees arrive in Poland 'in a state of distress and anxiety' UN News 27 May 2022 -- With more than 3.5 million people having fled to Poland since the Russian invasion of Ukraine on 24 February, the UN refugee agency, UNHCR, continues to scale up its operations to provide aid to arrivals, the agency's spokesperson said on Friday.
- Ukrainian, German FMs discuss heavy weapon supplies People's Daily 27 May 2022 -- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said on Thursday he had discussed the supplies of heavy weapons to Ukraine with German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock.
- PM call with Prime Minister of Hungary: 27 May 2022 Gov.UK 27 May 2022 -- The Prime Minister spoke to Viktor OrbĂˇn this evening following his re-election as Prime Minister of Hungary last month.
- Who Are The Neo-Nazis Fighting For Russia In Ukraine? RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- The video, published in December 2020, showed two nattily dressed Russian men -- waistcoats, pocket squares, silk ties - sipping American whiskey in brandy snifters and discussing killing Ukrainians.
- Former NATO Commander Wesley Clark Explains What Ukraine And The West Need To Do To Beat Russia RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- Wesley Clark led NATO's Kosovo campaign as the alliance's supreme allied commander in Europe to end Yugoslav leader Slobodan Milosevic's bloody crackdown on the region's ethnic Albanian community in 1998. Clark, a senior fellow at UCLA's Burkle Center for International Relations, talked to RFE/RL's Georgian Service about what Ukraine needs from the West in order to have a chance of beating Russia.
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Loyal To Russia Since 2019 Schism, Now Cuts Ties Over War RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- The leaders of Orthodox churches in Ukraine that have been affiliated with the Russian Orthodox Church on May 27 adopted measures to sever ties with Russia over its invasion of Ukraine in a significant move against the Russian Orthodox Church and its spiritual leader.
- Day 93: Zelensky urges West to 'stop playing' with Russia, end 'senseless war' Press TV 27 May 2022 -- Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky has urged his Western allies to stop playing around with Russia and impose tougher sanctions on it to end what he calls a "senseless war" with Moscow.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 27 VOA 27 May 2022 -- The latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. All times EDT:
- Anticipated Foreign Fighter Flow to Ukraine Likely Just a Trickle VOA 27 May 2022 -- For thousands of people around the world, Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February served as a rallying cry, spurring many to look for ways to travel to the front and help fight for Ukraine's freedom.
- Ukraine Calls On Germany To Cut Natural Gas Flows Through Nord Stream 1 Pipeline RFE/RL 27 May 2022 -- Ukraine has demanded that Germany either halt or severely curtail natural gas flows through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline, the head of Ukraine's gas system operator said on May 27.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|