26 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing DoD 26 May 2022
- Russian Progress in Ukraine Is Only Incremental DoD News 26 May 2022 -- Despite an enormous advantage in numbers, Russian forces attacking the Donbas region of Ukraine have made only "incremental progress," a senior defense official said today.
- Russian Forces Make New Push in Eastern Ukraine VOA 26 May 2022 -- Russian forces in northeastern Ukraine, already pushed back to near the Russian border, appeared Thursday to be launching a new counteroffensive as the three-month-old war morphed into what some Western officials described as a "scrap" with no end in sight.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 26 2022 Ukraine MOD 26 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 25.05 Ukraine MOD 26 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 26 2022 Ukraine MOD 26 May 2022
- Ukraine: War in east reached 'maximum intensity' Press TV 26 May 2022 -- Ukraine says fighting in the country's eastern region of Donbas has reached its "maximum intensity," urging the European Union to impose more sanctions on Russia.
- Ukrainian Officials Describe Intensity Of Battles In East As Russia Ties Unblocking Of Ports To Sanctions Relief RFE/RL 26 May 2022 -- The military situation in eastern Ukraine is even worse than people say it is, Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said on May 26 as Russian forces continue to thrust ahead in the Donbas.
- Pressure on Russia is a matter of saving lives, and every day of delay is new killed Ukrainians and new threats on the continent - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 26 May 2022
- The only way to bring Ukrainian grain to international markets is to stop the war or at least all military actions in the Black Sea - Oleg Ustenko President of Ukraine 26 May 2022
- Speech by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy in the Saeima of Latvia President of Ukraine 26 May 2022
- President of Ukraine held a meeting with the Prime Minister of Finland President of Ukraine 26 May 2022
- Zelensky's Conditions on Resumption of Talks With Russia 'Not Serious', Lavrov Says Sputnik 26 May 2022 -- Conditions put forward by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on the resumption of negotiations between Kiev and Moscow, and on his meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin are "not serious," Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said.
- Kyiv Mayor: Ukraine is 'Key for Freedom in the World' VOA 26 May 2022 -- Calling Ukraine the "key for freedom in the world," Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko urged support Thursday for his country in the face of what he called "this senseless war" with Russia.
- Kiev condemns Russia's fast-track passport issuance decree for Ukrainian citizens People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry on Wednesday condemned the decree signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, which allows residents of Ukraine's southern Zaporizhzhia and Kherson regions to apply for Russian citizenship under a fast-track procedure.
- Putin simplifies procedure for Ukrainians in Zaporizhzhya, Kherson to get Russian citizenship People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree on Wednesday to simplify the procedure for residents in the Zaporizhzhya and Kherson regions in southern Ukraine to apply for Russian citizenship.
- Russian passports distributed in Mariupol: Ukrainian official People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- Russian passports have been distributed in the city of Mariupol in eastern Ukraine that had been taken under control by Russian forces earlier this month, Petro Andryushchenko, an advisor to the mayor of Mariupol, said on Wednesday.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Russia says U.S. recruiting terrorists to fight in Ukraine People's Daily 26 May 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine:
- U.S. Envoy TO OSCE Condemns 'Barbarity' Of Russia's War In Ukraine RFE/RL 26 May 2022 -- The U.S. ambassador to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) has condemned the "sheer barbarity, sadistic cruelty, and lawlessness" of Russia's war in Ukraine.
- Ukraine slams NATO for 'doing nothing' about Russia's military operation Press TV 26 May 2022 -- Ukraine has lashed out at NATO for "doing literally nothing" in the face of Russia's military operation in the ex-Soviet country, as Moscow says it will open Ukraine's Black Sea ports for safe exit of foreign ships.
- Emergency in Ukraine - External Situation Report #13 WHO 26 May 2022
- World Health Assembly 75: UK National Intervention on Ukraine UK FCDO 26 May 2022 -- Ambassador Simon Manley, UK Permanent Representative to the UN and WTO, delivered the UK's national intervention on Ukraine at the 75th meeting of the World Health Assembly in Geneva.
- Report by OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine: UK response, May 2022 UK FCDO 26 May 2022 -- Ambassador Bush praises the vital work of the Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine, the only remaining OSCE field operation in the country.
- Growing number of civilian casualties in Russia's barbaric war against Ukraine: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 26 May 2022 -- Ambassador Bush highlights the high number of civilian casualties in Ukraine and calls on the Russian government to respect international humanitarian law.
- Prime Minister Sanna Marin visits Kyiv on 26 May Finnish Government 26 May 2022 -- On Thursday 26 May, Prime Minister Sanna Marin visited Kyiv at the invitation of Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal. During her visit, she also met with President Volodymyr Zelensky and with the Chairman of Ukraine's parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, Ruslan Stefanchuk.
- Interview: Can Russian Forces Encircle Ukraine's East? RFE/RL 26 May 2022 -- Russian troops are in the midst of an attack on two cities straddling a river in eastern Ukraine that is designed to encircle Ukrainian forces in what could be a decisive battle for Moscow's military campaign in the country.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 26 VOA 26 May 2022
- India Defends Wheat Export Ban VOA 26 May 2022 -- India has defended its decision to ban exports of wheat after initially saying it would help ease a global supply crunch created by the war in Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|