23 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 23, 2022 Ukraine MOD 23 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 23.05 Ukraine MOD 23 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 23, 2022 Ukraine MOD 23 May 2022
- Moscow Accused Of 'Scorched-Earth Tactics' As It Steps Up Assaults In Eastern Ukraine RFE/RL 23 May 2022 -- Moscow has intensified its offensive in the eastern Luhansk region, the Ukrainian military said on May 23, with Severodonetsk under "round-the-clock" indiscriminate bombardment as Russian troops attempt to encircle the city, while U.S. President Joe Biden warned that Russia wants to "eliminate" Ukraine's national identity.
- ICRC Says Received Russia's Request Regarding Prisoners of War, Will Answer Soon Sputnik 23 May 2022 -- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has received a letter of Russia's Commissioner for Human Rights Tatiana Moskalkova calling for a meeting with Russian prisoners of war in Ukraine and will provide an answer to the request as soon as possible, the ICRC delegation in Moscow told Sputnik.
- Ukraine Warns Of Increased Military Moves By Belarus Near Border RFE/RL 23 May 2022 -- Ukraine's Armed Forces have warned of an increase in military activity and troop levels by Belarus near the border.
- With World At Turning Point, Zelenskiy Says Sanctions Must Send Clear Message RFE/RL 23 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has called on the world to tighten punitive sanctions against Russia as a warning to other countries that they face severe consequences if they turn to aggression to achieve their goals.
- Ukraine's President Zelensky calls for 'maximum' sanctions on Russia during speech at Davos Press TV 23 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has called for "maximum" sanctions on Russia in a bid to prevent Moscow from continuing its offensive against his country, while appealing for more weapons as the military operation heads to its four month.
- The coming weeks of the war will be difficult, yet we have no alternative but to fight and win - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 23 May 2022
- We must integrate psychological support into all spheres of our lives - Olena Zelenska at the 75th World Health Assembly President of Ukraine 23 May 2022
- After the victory, we must create conditions in Ukraine for both people and businesses to feel safe - President President of Ukraine 23 May 2022
- At the forum in Davos, Volodymyr Zelenskyy proposed to create an organization that would prevent hunger in the world President of Ukraine 23 May 2022
- Speech by Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Andriy Yermak at the opening of the Russian War Crimes in the framework of the World Economic Forum in Davos President of Ukraine 23 May 2022
- We should not be afraid to set new precedents - speech by the President of Ukraine at the World Economic Forum in Davos President of Ukraine 23 May 2022
- Russia says ready to resume peace talks, but Ukraine rejects 'concessions' Press TV 23 May 2022 -- The Russian government is ready to resume peace talks with Ukraine, Moscow's chief negotiator said on Sunday, adding that the initiative must come from Kiev.
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark A. Milley Hold a Press Briefing, May 23, 2022 DoD 23 May 2022 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III; Joint Chiefs Of Staff Chairman General Mark Milley; Press Secretary John F. Kirby
- 20 Countries Pledge Fresh Military Aid To Ukraine, Says U.S. Defense Secretary RFE/RL 23 May 2022 -- Twenty countries have pledged new military aid for Ukraine in its battle against invading Russian military forces, U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin announced on May 23 following the second Ukraine Contact Group meeting.
- Pentagon Chief: 20 Countries Sending New Security Aid to Ukraine VOA 23 May 2022 -- About 20 countries are sending new security assistance packages for Ukraine, U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said after concluding the second meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group.
- U.S. Defense Leaders Pleased by Progress of Ukraine Contact Group DoD News 23 May 2022 -- In just over a month, the Ukraine Defense Contact Group has proven its worth with donations and deliveries to the embattled country, Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said after a virtual meeting with leaders of the group.
- Austin Hosts Ukraine Defense Contact Group to Continue Support for Beleaguered Country DoD News 23 May 2022 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III hosted a virtual meeting of the Ukraine Defense Contact Group to coordinate aid to help Ukraine defend itself from the unprovoked Russian invasion.
- Council of Europe committee deplores Russia's usage of minority rights as a pretext for invading Ukraine Council of Europe 23 May 2022 -- The Advisory Committee on the Council of Europe's Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities (FCNM) has condemned in the strongest possible terms the Russian Federation's aggression against Ukraine and "deplores that the Russian authorities used issues of minority rights as a pretext for the invasion".
- Belarusian president: Poland, NATO plotting to 'dismember' Ukraine Press TV 23 May 2022 -- Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has expressed concern about what he terms the West's intention to "dismember" Ukraine, and accused Poland of seeking to seize the Western part of the former Soviet country.
- Ukraine tops Davos agenda as supporting Kiev becomes new 'political correctness' in West, but 'divergences widen' Global Times 23 May 2022 -- Ukraine is topping the agenda of the World Economic Forum (WEF) at Davos where Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky demanded more assistance and the firmer isolation of the Russian economy in an address on Monday, the day when Western defense chiefs meet virtually to discuss further military aid to the country in a prolonged military conflict with Russia.
- Ukraine's President Asks Davos Global Elite to Help Isolate Russia VOA 23 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told world leaders and business executives at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland Monday that they faced a turning point following Russia's invasion of his country â€” and that it was time to ratchet up sanctions against Moscow.
- Russian Soldier Sentenced To Life In Prison In First War Crimes Case Since Ukraine Invasion RFE/RL 23 May 2022 -- A court in Kyiv has sentenced 21-year-old Russian Vadim Shishimarin to life imprisonment for the murder of an unarmed civilian in the first war crimes trial to arise from Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 23 VOA 23 May 2022
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|