22 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 22, 2022 Ukraine MOD 22 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 22.05 Ukraine MOD 22 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 22, 2022 Ukraine MOD 22 May 2022
- Ukrainian Parliament Extends Martial Law For 90 Days RFE/RL 22 May 2022 -- The Ukrainian parliament has extended martial law for another 90 days as the country continues to battle against the unprovoked invasion of Russian forces.
- Ukraine Again Rules Out Concessions As Polish President Arrives To Offer Support RFE/RL 22 May 2022 -- Ukraine continued to rule out any "concessions" to Russia despite the intensive onslaught by Kremlin forces and as Polish President Andrzej Duda, in a surprise visit, urged Kyiv not to give in to the demands of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Ukraine expands its international ties every week to get everything it needs to end the war as soon as possible - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 22 May 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy supports Andrzej Duda's initiative for a new good-neighborly agreement between Ukraine and Poland, which would help enhance relations between the two countries President of Ukraine 22 May 2022
- Poland today demonstrates historical level of support for Ukraine - Volodymyr Zelenskyy following the meeting with Andrzej Duda in Kyiv President of Ukraine 22 May 2022
- Speech by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy during the joint participation with President of the Republic of Poland Andrzej Duda in the plenary session of the Verkhovna Rada President of Ukraine 22 May 2022
- Pentagon Reportedly Considering Sending US Special Forces Personnel to Kiev Embassy Sputnik 22 May 2022 -- At the start of Russia's special military operation in Ukraine, the US embassy in Kiev had already been shuttered for several weeks, with its diplomatic staff relocated to Poland. A small number of officials made short journeys to a makeshift diplomatic post in Lvov, just inside the Ukraine border.
- US May Reportedly Keep Over 100,000 Troops in Europe Amid Tensions Over Ukraine Crisis Sputnik 22 May 2022 -- To support NATO and deter Russia, the US has expanded its overall posture in Europe from around 60,000 troops before the current Ukraine crisis escalation to around 100,000 troops now. Of those, thousands of troops have allegedly been deployed to NATO's Response Force, which was activated for the first time in NATO history earlier this spring.
- EU Depleted Military Stockpiles Helping Ukraine - Borrell Sputnik 22 May 2022 -- EU foreign and security policy chief Josep Borrell said on Sunday that the bloc had run out of military hardware helping Ukraine and urged member states to bolster their defense capabilities.
- Ukraine's bid to join EU will take at least '15 to 20 years': French minister Press TV 22 May 2022 -- French Secretary of State for European Affairs Clement Beaune says a bid by Ukraine to join the European Union would take at least 15 to 20 years to be finalized, dashing Kiev's hopes of quickly gaining the bloc's membership following Russia's offensive against the former Soviet state.
- France's European Minister: A Ukraine EU Bid Would Take At Least 15-20 Years RFE/RL 22 May 2022 -- France's European affairs minister said that any bid for Ukraine to join the European Union would take at least 15 to 20 years to complete, putting a damper on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's hopes of gaining a quick entry into the bloc.
- Only Ukraine must decide its own future, Polish president says Press TV 22 May 2022 -- Polish President Andrzej Duda has told Ukrainian lawmakers that only Ukraine must decide its own future.
- Polish President: Only Ukraine Should Decide Its Future VOA 22 May 2022 -- Polish President Andrzej Duda addressed the Ukrainian parliament Sunday, rebuffing suggestions that Kyiv should cede part of its territory to Russia to end Moscow's three-month invasion.
- Amid Russian Calls For 'Tribunals,' Concerns Expressed Over Fate Of Azovstal Defenders RFE/RL 22 May 2022 -- Concerns have been expressed over the fate of Ukrainian soldiers taken prisoner by Russian forces after abandoning the Azovstal steel-mill complex in the Azov Sea port city of Mariupol.
- Ukrainian Teachers Balk As Moscow Seeks To Impose 'Russian Standards' In Occupied Territories RFE/RL 22 May 2022 -- While street battles may have quieted down in Ukraine's occupied region of Kherson, there appears to be another fight brewing in its halls of education.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 22 VOA 22 May 2022
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|