Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
21 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- No Truce, Concessions, Ukraine Says, as Russia Focuses on Donbas VOA 21 May 2022 -- There will be no cease-fire or concessions to Russia, Ukraine's lead negotiator said Saturday as Russia upped its assault on Luhansk, one of the two provinces that make up the Donbas in eastern Ukraine.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 21, 2022 Ukraine MOD 21 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 21.05 Ukraine MOD 21 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 21, 2022 Ukraine MOD 21 May 2022
- Russian forces "completely liberate" Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol People's Daily 21 May 2022 -- Russian forces have "completely liberated" the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol, the Russian Defense Ministry said Friday.
- Demining in Ukraine to take 5-7 years: official People's Daily 21 May 2022 -- The work on clearing the territory of Ukraine from the landmines scattered during the conflict with Russia would take between five and seven years, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported Friday, citing a senior Ukrainian official.
- Russia claims full control of Mariupol, siege at Azovstal plant over Press TV 21 May 2022 -- The last members of the Ukrainian military's Azov unit holed up in Mariupol's besieged Azovstal steelworks surrendered late on Friday, Russia's defense ministry said, ending days of siege.
- Zelenskyy: Battle Against Russia 'Difficult,' 'Bloody,' But Will End In 'Diplomacy' VOA 21 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelenskyy says victory in his country's ongoing war with Russia will ultimately come through a diplomatic settlement.
- The war continues, and each of us must take care of the defense every day - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 21 May 2022
- Andriy Yermak met with the heads of embassies of the European Union member states and the EU Delegation President of Ukraine 21 May 2022
- If the world does not help Ukraine unblock its ports, the energy crisis will be followed by a food crisis - President President of Ukraine 21 May 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy expects positive decisions from the second meeting of partner countries in the Ramstein format President of Ukraine 21 May 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with the Prime Minister of Portugal in Kyiv President of Ukraine 21 May 2022
- Before the war, the allies recommended that we dig trenches, and we told them: give weapons - President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 21 May 2022
- Victory can be achieved only in battle, and fixing the end of the war will still be diplomatic - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 21 May 2022
- Ukraine's Zelensky says 'diplomacy' only way to end war, his advisor beats war drums Press TV 21 May 2022 -- While Ukraine's president has alleged that the only way out of the February-present war with Russia passes through diplomatic corridors, his advisor seems to advocate prolongation of the war, ruling out a ceasefire with Moscow.
- Ukraine Expects Positive Response From West To Request For More Sophisticated Weapons RFE/RL 21 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy says he has "high expectations" for a second round of meetings scheduled for next week of the partner countries supplying weapons to Ukraine.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list