14 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Situation update as of 6 p.m., 14th May 2022 Ukraine MOD 14 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 14.05 Ukraine MOD 14 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 14, 2022 Ukraine MOD 14 May 2022
- Relatives of Ukrainian forces holed-up in Mariupol steel plant ask China for help Press TV 14 May 2022 -- The relatives of the Ukrainian troops, who have holed up inside a sprawling steel plant in the southeastern Ukrainian port city of Mariupol, have pleaded with China to use "its influence on Russia" to let the encircled troops leave the complex.
- Ukraine Says It's Launched A New Counteroffensive As Russia Forces Move Away From Kharkiv RFE/RL 14 May 2022 -- Ukraine's military has launched a counteroffensive near the Russian-held eastern town of Izyum as Kyiv said Kremlin forces were withdrawing from areas near Kharkiv, Ukraine's second-largest city, in what appears to be the latest setback for Moscow's military offensive.
- Support for Ukraine means working to prevent a global famine - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 14 May 2022
- President met with a delegation of the US Senate President of Ukraine 14 May 2022
- Ukraine does not have extra six months to wait for the EU oil embargo as Russia continues to kill our citizens - Oleg Ustenko President of Ukraine 14 May 2022
- The European Union and NATO will not be strong today without Ukraine - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 14 May 2022
- Zelenskiy Signs Law Banning Pro-Russia Political Parties In Ukraine RFE/RL 14 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has signed a new law banning pro-Russia political parties.
- Ukrainian President Says No One Can Predict Length Of War RFE/RL 14 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said that while the country's military is doing everything it can to drive Russian forces from Ukrainian territory, "no one today can predict how long this war will last."
- Russian, U.S. defense chiefs discuss Ukraine situation over phone People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu and U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin held a phone conversation on Friday to discuss the situation in Ukraine.
- Lavrov: All will suffer from West's 'hybrid war' on Russia Press TV 14 May 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says the West has launched a "hybrid war" against his country, the consequences of which would be felt around the world.
- Lavrov: Russia Accepts West's Challenge Against All-Out Hybrid War Sputnik 14 May 2022 -- Moscow alleges that the West's campaign against Russia includes sanctions caused by the special military operation in Ukraine, eastward NATO expansion and supplying Kiev with modern weapons.
- U.S. Senate Republican Leader Brings Delegation To Kyiv, Meets With Zelenskiy RFE/RL 14 May 2022 -- U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell and a delegation of Republican senators arrived in Kyiv for an unannounced visit and met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy in a show of support for the besieged country.
- Top US Senate Republican McConnell meets Zelensky in Kyiv Press TV 14 May 2022 -- US Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and other Republican senators visited Kyiv on Saturday and met Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky for talks.
- Pentagon: Congress must pass $40 billion Ukraine aid bill by Thursday Press TV 14 May 2022 -- The Pentagon said that Congress must pass a pending $40 billion Ukraine aid package by Thursday to avoid interrupting US weapons shipments to the Kiev government in its war with Russia.
- Humanitarian aid reaches 6.4 mln people in Ukraine: UN People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- More than 6.4 million people have been reached with vital humanitarian assistance in Ukraine since the country's military conflict with Russia started on Feb. 24, said UN humanitarians on Friday.
- G7 Foreign Ministers' Statement on Russia's War Against Ukraine US Dept. of State 14 May 2022 -- The text of the following statement was released by the G7 foreign ministers of Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America, and the High Representative of the European Union.
- Commitments on the Global Food Security Consequences of Russia's War of Aggression against Ukraine - G7 Foreign Ministers, May 2022 UK FCDO 14 May 2022 -- G7 Foreign Ministers discussed the implications of Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine on global food security during their meeting in Germany on 14 May 2022.
- G7 Asks China Not To Aid Russia; Demands Moscow Lift Blockade On Ukrainian Grain Exports RFE/RL 14 May 2022 -- The Group of Seven (G7) advanced economies has called on China to support Ukrainian sovereignty and not help Russia, warning that Moscow's unprovoked war against Ukraine has threatened the globe by generating a severe food and energy crisis.
- G7 threatens to reinforce Russia sanctions, continue military aide to Ukraine Press TV 14 May 2022 -- Diplomats from the Group of Seven (G7) countries threaten to reinforce economic and political pressure on Russia and continue supplying weapons to Kiev as the conflict in Ukraine grinds into its third month with no solution on the horizon.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 14 VOA 14 May 2022
- Day 80: Russia says to respond if NATO moves nuclear forces near border Press TV 14 May 2022 -- Russia says it would take precautionary measures if NATO deployed nuclear forces and infrastructure closer to the country's border.
- Interview: Can Ukrainian Forces Successfully Counterattack In The Donbas? RFE/RL 14 May 2022 -- After nearly three months of war with Russia, Ukrainian forces are beginning to launch counterattacks against Russian positions and redraw the battle map in the process.
- Number Of Ukrainian Refugees Arriving In Germany Slowing RFE/RL 14 May 2022 -- The influx of Ukrainian refugees entering Germany has slowed to around 2,000 people a day.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|