13 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing DoD 13 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 13, 2022 Ukraine MOD 13 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 13.05 Ukraine MOD 13 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 13, 2022 Ukraine MOD 13 May 2022
- Ukrainian Forces Appear To Destroy Russian Armored Battalion; Scholz Urges Cease-Fire In Call With Putin RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- Ukraine says it has foiled an attempt by Russian forces to cross a key river in the east, costing Moscow a sizable number of troops and important armored equipment in another setback for the Kremlin in its invasion of Ukraine as Germany urged President Vladimir Putin to agree to a cease-fire as soon as possible.
- Reports: Odesa Military Source Says Ukraine Struck Russian Naval Ship In Black Sea RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- A spokesman for the Ukrainian military in the southwestern Odesa region said on May 12 that a strike by Ukrainian naval forces damaged a Russian logistics ship in the Black Sea.
- Russian forces attack major oil refinery in central Ukraine People's Daily 13 May 2022 -- Russian forces carried out a rocket attack on a major oil refinery in Kremenchuk town in Ukraine's central Poltava region on Thursday, said the head of Poltava regional military-civilian administration Dmytro Lunin.
- Address by Minister of Defense of Ukraine Oleksii Reznikov Ukraine MOD 13 May 2022
- To work every day to make the war shorter - this is our priority - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 13 May 2022
- Ukrainians have shown that you can have no fear and fight with one of the largest armies in the world - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 13 May 2022
- President of Ukraine: If Russia wants peace, it must withdraw its troops from our land President of Ukraine 13 May 2022
- Ukraine urges G7 to appropriate Russian assets, rechannel them to Kiev Press TV 13 May 2022 -- Ukraine's top diplomat has asked foreign ministers from the Group of Seven (G7) industrialized nations to appropriate Russian assets and rechannel them to Kiev for use to rebuild the conflict-stricken country.
- Ukraine says in talks with Russia over evacuation of injured from Mariupol's Azovstal People's Daily 13 May 2022 -- Ukraine is holding negotiations with Russia over the evacuation of seriously injured soldiers from the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said on Thursday.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Russia vows retaliation against Finland's potential NATO membership People's Daily 13 May 2022 -- The following are the latest developments in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine:
- Russian State Energy Company Cuts Electricity To Finland As Helsinki Readies NATO Bid RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- The Finnish subsidiary of Russian state-owned energy provider Inter RAO has announced a halt in electricity supplies to Finland as of May 14 over unpaid bills.
- Russia to cut electricity to Finland as Helsinki moves toward NATO bid Press TV 13 May 2022 -- Russia is likely to suspend electricity supplies to Finland this weekend as Helsinki seems adamant about pursuing its ambitious bid of joining the US-led NATO military alliance amid the raging war in Ukraine.
- Pentagon Announces Deployments to Replace Forces in Europe DoD News 13 May 2022 -- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby announced the deployment of U.S. troops to Europe to replace forces ordered there earlier this year.
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 13 May 2022
- Ukraine: Amid fresh Russian claims, no trace of secret bioweapons programme UN News 13 May 2022 -- Amid new claims by Moscow of a covert biological weapons programme in Ukraine, the Director of Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) affirmed on Friday that the UN is not aware of any such programme and has neither the mandate nor the technical operational capacity to investigate it - a message first delivered to the Security Council on 11 and 18 March, by High Representative Izumi Nakamitsu.
- UNHCR Says 6 Million Ukrainian Refugees So Far From Russian Invasion RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- The UN refugee agency (UNHCR) said on May 12 that more than 6 million refugees have now fled Ukraine since Russia launched its full-scale invasion on February 24.
- Ukraine war squeezes food supplies, drives up prices, threatens vulnerable nations UN News 13 May 2022 -- Kicking off a three-day meeting on Friday on the fallout from Russia's invasion of Ukraine and its wider impact on food and energy prices, the head of the UN agriculture agency outlined key ways for governments to help safeguard global food security.
- EU pledges â‚¬500mn in extra military aid to Ukraine, UK urges more Press TV 13 May 2022 -- Throwing their full weight behind Kiev, France has announced that the G7 (Group of Seven) industrialized nations are "strongly united" in backing Ukraine until its "victory" against Russia.
- EU To Give Ukraine 500 Million Euros More In Military Aid, Borrell Says RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- The European Union's foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, says the bloc will provide an extra 500 million euros worth of military aid to Ukraine.
- EU to open "solidarity lanes" to help Ukraine's grain exports People's Daily 13 May 2022 -- The European Commission on Thursday proposed to establish new so-called "solidarity lanes" to ensure that Ukraine can export grain to the European Union (EU) and also import the goods it needs, from humanitarian aid to animal feed and fertilizers, as Ukraine's ports have been blocked due to Russia-Ukraine.
- Foreign Secretary rallies allies to 'constrain Putin's aggression' during NATO and G7 Foreign Ministers' Meetings in Germany UK FCDO 13 May 2022 -- Liz Truss attends the G7 and NATO Foreign Ministers' Meetings in Germany to use both meetings to galvanise work with allies to win the battle for Ukraine.
- Despite US Nudging, No Condemnation of Russia in US-ASEAN Summit VOA 13 May 2022 -- Despite U.S. President Joe Biden's urging that Southeast Asian countries take a firmer stance on the Ukraine war, the U.S.-ASEAN Special Summit ended Friday without condemnation of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, a sign of the geopolitical complexities in the region as the administration seeks to broaden the coalition against Moscow beyond Europe.
- Trial Opens In Ukraine Of First Russian Soldier Accused Of War Crimes RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- The first trial of a Russian soldier accused of war crimes for killing a Ukrainian civilian during Moscow's unprovoked invasion has opened in Kyiv.
- Ukraine Thwarts Russian Forces as War Crimes Trial Begins for Russian Soldier VOA 13 May 2022 -- Ukrainian forces repelled Russian troops trying to cross a strategically important river in the eastern Donbas region, British intelligence officials said Friday, as the conflict entered its 79th day.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 13 VOA 13 May 2022 -- Recap of May 13
- The Week In Russia: Ambition And Reality RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- Like the coronavirus pandemic, Russia's war on Ukraine is something that President Vladimir Putin cannot control - so the Kremlin is fudging the numbers and seeking to shape the narrative. Putin's speech on the May 9 martial holiday signaled that the killing could continue for months or more.
- Moldova 'Fragile But Calm' Despite 'Internal' Efforts At Destabilization, Says Foreign Minister RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- Moldova's foreign minister says there are "internal forces" in the country seeking to "destabilize the region" in the shadow of Russia's war on Ukraine but that Chisinau is working to ensure that such efforts don't spread the conflict.
- Transdniester Separatists Say Fuel Depot, Conscription Center 'Targeted' In Tiraspol RFE/RL 13 May 2022 -- Authorities in Moldova's breakaway Transdniester region said on May 13 that two attempted attacks were carried out on a fuel depot and conscription center in the regional capital, Tiraspol.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|