11 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 11, 2022 Ukraine MOD 11 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 11.05 Ukraine MOD 11 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 11, 2022 Ukraine MOD 11 May 2022
- We will liberate our land and people, and with the help of the free world it will be easier to do - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 11 May 2022
- Andriy Yermak and Michael McFaul discussed further steps to enhance sanctions on Russia President of Ukraine 11 May 2022
- Even the public mention of the possible use of nuclear weapons by the leadership of the nuclear state should be the basis for preventive sanctions - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 11 May 2022
- The war will end when Ukraine returns everything that the aggressor took from it - President President of Ukraine 11 May 2022
- Speech by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy to students of leading French universities President of Ukraine 11 May 2022
- Kiev Asks Moscow to Swap Ukrainian Soldiers From Azovstal for Russian POWs Sputnik 11 May 2022 -- Ukraine has proposed to Russia to swap Ukrainian soldiers pinned at the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol for captured Russians, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said on Wednesday.
- Ukraine Cuts Off Russian Natural Gas Pipeline Supplying Europe VOA 11 May 2022 -- The fight for Ukraine played out beyond the battlefields on Wednesday, with Kyiv cutting off one Russian natural gas pipeline that supplies European homes and industry, while a Moscow-installed official in southern Ukraine said the Kremlin should annex Kherson after Russian troops took control.
- Ukrainian gov't approves seizure of Russian assets: PM People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- The Ukrainian government has approved the seizure of Russian assets in Ukraine, Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said on Tuesday.
- Ukraine to halt Russian gas flow to Europe, blaming Moscow Press TV 11 May 2022 -- Ukraine has decided to suspend the flow of Russian gas through a key transit point to Europe, blaming Moscow for the move, in a dispute that could disrupt supplies from the former Soviet state for the first time since the war started late February.
- Greetings to Head of the Donetsk People's Republic Denis Pushilin President of Russia 11 May 2022 -- Vladimir Putin sent greetings to Head of the Donetsk People's Republic Denis Pushilin on the Day of the Donetsk People's Republic.
- Russia Responds With Sanctions After Kyiv Shuts Off Gas Flow Through One Transit Route RFE/RL 11 May 2022 -- Russia imposed sanctions against units of Gazprom Germania and dozens of other former subsidiaries in countries that have imposed sanctions on Russia after Kyiv halted the use of a major transit route for Russian gas.
- Russia won't participate in special session of UNHRC on Ukraine People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- The Russian Foreign Ministry said Tuesday that Russia has chosen not to participate in an upcoming special session of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) on Ukraine, calling the event biased.
- Update 75 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 11 May 2022 -- Remote transmission of safeguards data from Ukraine's Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) has been fully re-established, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Mariano Grossi, said today.
- Ukraine: UN labour agency update shows 4.8 million jobs lost to war UN News 11 May 2022 -- An estimated 4.8 million jobs have been lost in Ukraine since Russia's 24 February invasion, according to a brief published on Wednesday by the UN's labour agency.
- UN Chief Says Ukraine Conflict 'Will Not Last Forever,' But No Sign of Cease-fire Soon VOA 11 May 2022 -- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Wednesday it is clear there are "no immediate chances of a peace agreement in Ukraine," but he pledged that the world body "will never give up" and "must always be ready to do everything we can to end this senseless war."
- Top EU Rights Official Says Russia Will Be Held To Account For Possible War Crimes In Ukraine RFE/RL 11 May 2022 -- Russia will be held accountable for war crimes and violations of international law allegedly committed by its forces in Ukraine, a European Union official vowed, amid mounting Ukrainian and international efforts to gather evidence for future criminal investigations.
- Secretary of State Szynkowski vel SÄ™k visits Budapest Republic of Poland 11 May 2022 -- On 10 May, Secretary of State at the Polish MFA Szymon Szynkowski vel SÄ™k visited Budapest to attend working consultations on the response to the Russian aggression against Ukraine.
- Germany works to provide modern weapons to Ukraine: FM People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- Visiting German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock on Tuesday said the government of Germany is working to provide modern weapons to Ukraine, the Ukrainian government-run Ukrinform news agency reported.
- Moldova thanks UN for assistance in Ukrainian refugee crisis People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- Moldovan President Maia Sandu on Tuesday thanked the United Nations (UN) for its assistance to her country to address the refugee crisis and the full impact of the conflict in Ukraine.
- Ukraine's Honorary Patriarch: 'God Is With David, Not Goliath,' And Ukraine Will Defeat Russia RFE/RL 11 May 2022 -- Ukraine's honorary patriarch, Filaret, has compared the fight against invading forces from much larger neighbor Russia to the battle of David versus Goliath, predicting Ukraine's struggle will ultimately end in victory, just like the biblical tale.
- First Russian Soldier Suspected Of Murdering A Civilian In Ukraine To Face Trial RFE/RL 11 May 2022 -- Ukrainian authorities are moving ahead with the first murder trial of a Russian soldier suspected of killing a Ukrainian civilian during Russia's unprovoked invasion.
- Russia-Backed Separatists In Ukraine's Donetsk Region Block Facebook, Instagram RFE/RL 11 May 2022 -- A Russia-backed separatist group in eastern Ukraine that calls itself the Donetsk People's Republic (DNR) says it has blocked access to Facebook and Instagram in the districts it has been controlling since 2014.
- Leonid Kravchuk, Ukraine's First President Who Helped Dissolve USSR, Dies Aged 88 Sputnik 11 May 2022 -- The veteran politician died after an unspecified long illness, according to reports. But earlier it was said that last summer, Kravchuk underwent heart surgery and had been in a coma for some time, after which he was in intensive care.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 11 VOA 11 May 2022 -- Recap May 11
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|