Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
05 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 05 May 2022
- Readout of U.S. Attorney General Merrick B. Garland's Meeting with Five Eyes Partners and Ukraine's Prosecutor General US Dept. of Justice 05 May 2022 -- U.S. Attorney General Merrick B. Garland met virtually yesterday with Ukraine's Prosecutor General, Iryna Venediktova, together with the Attorneys General of the Five Eyes countries: the United Kingdom's Attorney General, Suella Braverman; Australia's Attorney General, Michaelia Cash; Canada's Minister of Justice and Attorney General, David Lametti; and New Zealand's Attorney General, David Parker.
- US intelligence helping Ukraine kill Russian generals: NYT Press TV 05 May 2022 -- The United States has provided intelligence about Russian units that has helped Ukrainian forces kill many of the Russian generals in the Ukraine war, according to the New York Times.
- US Reportedly Providing Ukraine With Intel Aimed at Killing Russian Generals Involved in Ukraine Ops Sputnik 05 May 2022 -- During the course of the ongoing Russian special military operation in Ukraine, the US has not only supported Kiev with unprecedented financial and military assistance, including heavy equipment, but also provided the Ukrainian army with data from its own intelligence and satellite system.
- Emergency in Ukraine - External Situation Report #10 WHO 05 May 2022
- Secretary-General's remarks to the Security Council on Ukraine UN Secretary-General 05 May 2022
- Update 73 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 05 May 2022 -- The Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Mariano Grossi, today met with the head of Ukraine's regulatory body, Oleh Korikov, to discuss the Agency's efforts to help ensure the safety and security of the country's nuclear facilities during the current conflict.
- Every day that the war in Ukraine continues is a nightmare for millions of children. UNICEF 05 May 2022 -- "Every day that the war in Ukraine continues is a nightmare for millions of children.
- 7.7 million people displaced inside Ukraine, warns UN relief chief, as aid conference raises $6.5 billion UN News 05 May 2022 -- Humanitarian needs continue to rise in war-torn Ukraine where an estimated 7.7 million people are now internally displaced, UN emergency relief chief Martin Griffiths said on Thursday.
- Ukraine: 'Cycle of death, destruction' must stop, UN chief tells Security Council UN News 05 May 2022 -- Briefing the Security Council on his shuttle diplomacy last week in Russia and Ukraine, Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres declared that he "did not mince words" during meetings with Presidents Putin and Zelenskyy, on the need to end the brutal conflict.
- World Food Programme signs MoU with Government of Ukraine to provide half a million people with cash WFP 05 May 2022 -- The UN World Food Programme yesterday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine to scale up cash transfers to half a million people across Ukraine.
- PM Bennett Speaks with Russian President Putin Israel - Prime Minister 05 May 2022 -- "In addition, the two discussed Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov's remarks. The Prime Minister accepted President Putin's apology for Lavrov's remarks and thanked him for clarifying his attitude towards the Jewish people and the memory of the Holocaust. "
- Telephone conversation with Prime Minister of Israel Naftali Bennett President of Russia 05 May 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with Prime Minister of Israel Naftali Bennett.
- Putin Apologizes to Israel for Lavrov's Anti-Semitic Remarks VOA 05 May 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin reportedly apologized to Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett for antisemitic comments made earlier this week by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.
- Israeli Prime Minister's Office Says Putin Apologized for Lavrov's Statement Sputnik 05 May 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has accepted Russian President Vladimir Putin's apology for Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's statement that Adolf Hitler had Jewish blood, Bennett's office said on Thursday.
- Personal Representatives condemn anti-Semitic comments by Russian Foreign Minister OSCE 05 May 2022 -- Rabbi Andrew Baker, Personal Representative of the Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Anti-Semitism, Associate Professor Dr. Regina Polak, Personal Representative on Combating Racism, Xenophobia and Discrimination, also focusing on Intolerance and Discrimination against Christians and Members of Other Religions and Mehmet PaÃ§acÄ±, Personal Representative on Combating Intolerance and Discrimination against Muslims made the following statement:
- Remarks by President Charles Michel at the High-level international donors' conference for Ukraine EC/CEU 05 May 2022
- Standing with Ukraine: Commission announces new aid worth â‚¬200 million for displaced people European Commission 05 May 2022 -- Today, the Commission is announcing a new aid package of â‚¬200 million to support displaced people in Ukraine, in the context of the International Donor's Conference convened jointly by Poland and Sweden.
- Statement by President von der Leyen at the High-Level International Donors' Conference for Ukraine European Commission 05 May 2022
- Eurobarometer: Europeans approve EU's response to the war in Ukraine European Commission 05 May 2022 -- A Flash Eurobarometer survey in all EU Member States published today shows large consensus among EU citizens in favour of the EU's response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Finland sends more defence materiel assistance to Ukraine Finnish Government 05 May 2022 -- On 5 May 2022, the President of the Republic decided, at the proposal of the Government, that Finland will send more defence materiel assistance to Ukraine.
- UK provides further humanitarian aid focused on most vulnerable in Ukraine UK FCDO 05 May 2022 -- A package of UK support will help reach the most vulnerable people affected by the conflict in Ukraine, Foreign Secretary Liz Truss announced today.
- UK denounces Russia's appalling attempts to legitimise war against Ukraine: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 05 May 2022 -- Ambassador Neil Bush calls out Russia for attempting to legitimise its war against Ukraine, following reports about a staged 'referendum' planned in Kherson.
- PM address at the Brave Ukraine fundraising event: 5 May 2022 Gov.UK 05 May 2022 -- The Prime Minister Boris Johnson attended a 'Brave Ukraine' event this evening in London, which was hosted by the Ukrainian Embassy
- PM call with President Zelenskyy: 5 May 2022 Gov.UK 05 May 2022 -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson spoke to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy as part of their regular dialogue.
- German, Ukrainian Presidents Smooth Out Dispute Over Visit RFE/RL 05 May 2022 -- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier has spoken with his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, amid a rift over a visit to Kyiv last month that was canceled at the last minute by Ukraine.
- South African Opposition Chief Warns Africa to Brace for Ukraine War Impact VOA 05 May 2022 -- While South Africa's African National Congress-led government has refused to condemn Russia's war on Ukraine â€” preferring to take a neutral stance and calling for mediation â€” the Democratic Alliance Party's John Steenhuisen isn't mincing his words.
- Moldovan Prime Minister Says 'No Imminent Risks' Of Spillover From War In Ukraine RFE/RL 05 May 2022 -- Moldovan Prime Minister Natalia Gavrilita says she sees no immediate threat of Russia's war against Ukraine spreading to her country, even as concerns grow that Moscow's military aims may be widening.
- Transdniester TV Reports 'Gunfire' At Border With Ukraine RFE/RL 05 May 2022 -- A television channel in Moldova's breakaway Transdniester region is reporting that shots have been fired near one of its border crossings with Ukraine.
- Both Russia, Ukraine FMs praise China's fair, just stance on current crisis in recent interviews: FM Global Times 05 May 2022 -- Foreign ministers from Russia and Ukraine praised China's fair and just stance on the current Russia-Ukraine conflicts, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian told a press conference on Thursday, stressing China will continue to play a constructive role on the Ukraine issue and encourage parties involved to resolve the conflict through talks and diplomatic channels.
- Lukashenka Says War In Ukraine Has 'Dragged On' Longer Than He Thought RFE/RL 05 May 2022 -- Belarusian authoritarian leader Alyaksandr Lukashenka claims he is doing everything he can to help stop Russia's war against Ukraine, which has "dragged on" longer than he thought it would.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list