03 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Some 127 Ukrainian Civilians Evacuated from Outskirts of Mariupol VOA 03 May 2022 -- The United Nations and the International Committee of the Red Cross accompanied 127 people Tuesday from the outskirts of Mariupol, Ukraine, to the town of Zaporizhzhia, about 230 kilometers northwest of the besieged city.
- Russia Launches More Attacks on Mariupol Steel Plant VOA 03 May 2022 -- Russia renewed shelling Tuesday of Ukraine's besieged southern port city of Mariupol, where 200 civilians are trapped in the Azovstal steel plant even as the United Nations said that 101 people had been safely evacuated from the site.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 03.05 Ukraine MOD 03 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 3, 2022 Ukraine MOD 03 May 2022
- Russian Troops Resume Assault On Mariupol Steel Plant After Evacuation Of Civilians RFE/RL 03 May 2022 -- More than 100 people who were evacuated from a steel plant in the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol have arrived in Zaporizhzhya, the Mariupol city council said, as Russian forces resumed their assault on the complex.
- Rocket strike on Ukraine's Odesa causes death, injuries People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- A rocket strike carried out by Russian forces hit Ukraine's southern city of Odesa on Monday, causing deaths and injuries, the head of the Odesa military administration Maksym Marchenko said on Telegram.
- Over 100 people evacuated from Mariupol People's Daily 03 May 2022 -- Both the Russian and Ukrainian militaries say more than 100 people were evacuated from the besieged city of Mariupol in Ukraine but differ on the exact number and other details.
- Fizzled? Faltering? 'Anemic'? Why Russia's Donbas Offensive Isn't Going Exactly As Anticipated RFE/RL 03 May 2022 -- The bluntest assessment of how the Russian military offensive in Ukraine's eastern Donbas region is going came from someone in a very good position to know.
- Striking at Ukrainian cities, Russia is trying to vent its powerlessness, because it cannot beat Ukraine - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 03 May 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy had a phone conversation with Andrzej Duda President of Ukraine 03 May 2022
- Speech by the President of Ukraine in the Parliament of Albania President of Ukraine 03 May 2022
- Andriy Yermak discussed with American businessman Kimbal Musk support for Ukraine during the war President of Ukraine 03 May 2022
- Speech by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy in the Verkhovna Rada President of Ukraine 03 May 2022
- Telephone conversation with President of France Emmanuel Macron President of Russia 03 May 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with President of the French Republic Emmanuel Macron.
- Russian MoD Releases Footage of Onyx Missile Launch at Ukrainian Warehouses With Foreign Arms Sputnik 03 May 2022 -- In February, Russia launched a special military operation in Ukraine in response to calls from the Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics for protection against intensifying attacks by Ukrainian troops.
- Russia doubles down on Hitler remarks, says Israel supports neo-Nazis Press TV 03 May 2022 -- Russia says Israel is supporting "the neo-Nazi regime in Kiev", raising the stakes in its tensions with Tel Aviv over the raging war in Ukraine.
- Remarks by President Biden on the Security Assistance to Ukraine The White House 03 May 2022 -- "You're allowing the Ukrainians to defend themselves. And, quite frankly, they're making fools of the Russian military in many instances. A big part of the reason they've been able to keep on fighting and to make this war a strategic failure for Russia is because the United States, together with our Allies and partners, have had their back. The United States alone has committed more than 5,500 Javelins to Ukraine. You're changing the nation. You really are. Add to that significant supplies from our Allies and partners, as well as many thousands of other anti-tank and anti-air weapons, helicopters, armored vehicles, artillery, coastal defense systems."
- Update 71 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 03 May 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that there had been no significant developments related to nuclear safety and security in the country over the past 24 hours, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Mariupol steel works convoy: UN aids arrivals after journey 'from hell' UN News 03 May 2022 -- In Ukraine on Tuesday, UN humanitarians began to help the first evacuees arriving from Mariupol's devastated Azovstal steel works, more than two months since Russia's invasion began, and said that they would do everything possible to assist those still trapped.
- Ukraine war: UN signs framework to assist survivors of sexual violence UN News 03 May 2022 -- Women's rights do not end when wars begin, a senior UN official said in Ukraine on Tuesday, outlining measures towards ensuring justice and accountability for sexual violence committed during the conflict in the country.
- Pope Says He Wants To Go To Moscow For Ukraine Talks With Putin RFE/RL 03 May 2022 -- Pope Francis said in an interview published on May 3 that he has asked for a meeting in Moscow with Russian President Vladimir Putin to try to stop the war in Ukraine but had not received a reply.
- UK donates fleet of armoured vehicles to Ukraine to evacuate civilians from besieged areas UK FCDO 03 May 2022 -- The UK government is sending 13 protective armoured vehicles to Ukraine, to safely evacuate people from the shelled areas in east of the country.
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson's address to the Ukrainian Parliament: 3 May 2022 Gov.UK 03 May 2022 -- "I have one message for you today: Ukraine will win Ukraine will be free (...) And I can announce today from the UK government a new package of support totalling Â£300 million, including radars to pinpoint the artillery bombarding your cities, heavy lift drones to supply your forces, and thousands of night vision devices."
- "This is Ukraine's finest hour" - PM to address Ukrainian Parliament Gov.UK 03 May 2022 -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson will address Ukraine's Parliament today.
- British PM promises Â£300 million in military aid to Ukraine Press TV 03 May 2022 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has commended Ukraine's resistance against Russia and promised to supply another Â£300 million in military aid to the former Soviet republic.
- UK PM Johnson Announces Â£300Mln Military Aid Package to Ukraine Sputnik 03 May 2022 -- Britain has delivered hundreds of millions of pounds' worth of military equipment and training support to Ukraine since 2014, including through "Operation Orbital", a secrecy-laden operation over the course of which more than 22,000 Ukrainian troops were trained in the use of portable anti-tank missiles and other weapons.
- "We are taking the most severe scenarios seriously" Germany Federal Foreign Office 03 May 2022 -- Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock in an interview with the Rheinische Post and affiliated newspapers.
- China's Messaging On The Ukraine War Is Evolving, But In Which Way? RFE/RL 03 May 2022 -- China has emerged as a potent outlet for Kremlin disinformation and propaganda for its February invasion of Ukraine, with Beijing officials and state media echoing the Kremlin's justification for the war and often parroting false claims about events while ignoring commentary from Kyiv.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 3 VOA 03 May 2022
- Day 69: Putin retaliates as EU prepares sanctions on Russian oil Press TV 03 May 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree on retaliatory economic sanctions in response to the "unfriendly actions of certain foreign states and international organisations".
- Farming the Next Front in Russia's War on Ukraine VOA 03 May 2022 -- Billboards along the highway in Zaporizhzhia city say, "Russian warship go F*#@ yourself!" and "Put your Molotov cocktail here," with drawings of red arrows pointing to sensitive spots on Russian tanks.
- Oil, Gas Shipments Drive Suez Canal Record-High Revenues VOA 03 May 2022 -- The head of Egypt's Suez Canal Authority says the canal received record high revenues of more than $620 million dollars during April. Analysts say that's partly due to Persian Gulf countries sending more oil and gas to Europe, as the Russia-Ukraine conflict reduces exports from those two countries.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|