01 May 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on May 1, 2022 Ukraine MOD 01 May 2022
- Oleksii Reznikov, has made a working visit to Chernihiv Region Ukraine MOD 01 May 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 01.05 Ukraine MOD 01 May 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on May 1, 2022 Ukraine MOD 01 May 2022
- Russian Onyx Missiles Destroy Warehouse With US and European Weapons, Ammo Near Odessa - MoD Sputnik 01 May 2022 -- Russia launched its special military operation in Ukraine on 24 February, after the Donetsk and Lugansk People's Republics appealed for help in defending themselves against Ukrainian provocations.
- Day 67: Russia says hit weapons supplied by West as Pelosi visits Kiev Press TV 01 May 2022 -- Russia says it struck at weapons supplied to Ukraine by the West as US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi meets President Volodymyr Zelensky in Kiev during an unannounced visit.
- Civilians Evacuated From Mariupol; U.S. House Speaker Pelosi Visits Kyiv RFE/RL 01 May 2022 -- Around 100 Ukrainian civilians were being evacuated from the besieged Azovstal steel plant in the Ukrainian port city of Mariupol on May 1, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said, after the United Nations confirmed a "safe passage operation" was in progress there.
- Today we finally managed to start the evacuation of people from Azovstal, we will continue to do everything to evacuate our people from Mariupol - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 01 May 2022
- President of Ukraine met with the Speaker of the US House of Representatives President of Ukraine 01 May 2022
- Ukraine allocates 4 bln USD for defense ministry People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- Ukraine has appropriated billions of U.S. dollars to the defense ministry amid the ongoing conflict with Russia, Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal said Friday.
- Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov's interview with Mediaset, Italian television network, Moscow, May 1, 2022 Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 01 May 2022
- With Russia's War on Ukraine, Kinzinger Introduces New AUMF Congressman Kinzinger 01 May 2022 -- Today, Congressman Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) announced his introduction of a joint resolution that would authorize the use of U.S. Armed Forces to defend the territorial integrity of Ukraine in the event that Vladimir Putin escalates his unjust war against our democratic allies.
- Pelosi Statement on Congressional Delegation Engagements in Poland and Ukraine US House Speaker Pelosi 01 May 2022 -- "Our distinguished Congressional delegation came to Poland to send an unmistakable message to the world: that America stands firmly with our NATO allies in our support for Ukraine."
- Transcript of U.S. Congressional Delegation Press Conference in Rzesz√≥w, Poland US House Speaker Pelosi 01 May 2022
- Pelosi, Congressional Delegation Statement on Visit to Kyiv, Ukraine US House Speaker Pelosi 01 May 2022 -- Rzeszow, Poland - Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Members of a Congressional delegation issued this statement following their visit to Kyiv, Ukraine. This visit is the first official Congressional delegation to have visited Ukraine following Russia's invasion. The full delegation, which includes Chairman Jim McGovern, Chairman Gregory Meeks, Chairman Adam Schiff, Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Congressman Bill Keating and Congressman Jason Crow, will continue travel in southeast Poland and Warsaw.
- Ukrainian President Zelensky Meets With US House Speaker Pelosi in Kiev Sputnik 01 May 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky met on Sunday with the US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who arrived in Kiev.
- Pelosi accuses Russia of bullying US over Ukraine aid Press TV 01 May 2022 -- US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has accused Russia of being a bully for warning Washington against supplying Ukraine with weapons, instigating the West to stand with Kiev until a victory for Ukraine.
- US not in 'proxy war' with Russia in Ukraine: Menendez Press TV 01 May 2022 -- Democratic senator Bob Menendez says the US will continue to assist Ukraine and "defeat Russia" in the conflict, which he denies to be a proxy war between Washington and Moscow.
- Update 69 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 01 May 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that there had been no significant developments related to nuclear safety and security in the country over the past 24 hours, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Ukraine: UN-Red Cross operation underway to evacuate civilians from stricken Mariupol plant UN News 01 May 2022 -- A United Nations and Red Cross (ICRC) operation to evacuate desperate civilians trapped in the Azovstal steel plant in the Ukrainian port city of Mariupol is underway, the Spokesperson for the humanitarian affairs office in the country confirmed on Sunday.
- Note to Correspondents on Ukraine attributable to Saviano Abreu, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) Spokesperson in Ukraine [EN/RU/UK] UNOCHA 01 May 2022 -- "A safe passage operation to evacuate civilians from the Azovstal steel plant is ongoing today, Sunday 1 May. The efforts are coordinated by the United Nations and the International Committee of the Red Cross, in coordination with the parties to the conflict."
- UN Starts Evacuation of Ukrainian Civilians from Mariupol Steel Plant VOA 01 May 2022 -- The United Nations said Sunday it is conducting a "safe passage operation" to get as many as 1,000 Ukrainian civilians out of the steel plant blockaded by Russian forces in the war-ravaged southern port city of Mariupol.
- UN Agency Repairing Buildings for Displaced Ukrainians VOA 01 May 2022 -- The International Organization for Migration is fixing up many damaged and unused buildings to house nearly a million Ukrainians forced to flee their homes in the wake of Russia's invasion.
- German Chancellor Opposes Unilateral Actions on Arms Supplies to Kiev Sputnik 01 May 2022 -- German Chancellor Olaf Scholz spoke out on Sunday against taking unilateral steps on the issue of arms supplies to Ukraine, adding that Berlin coordinates its actions with its allies.
- Putin, Zelensky both invited to G20: Indonesian president People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- Indonesia has invited both Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to the Group of 20 (G20) summit in November, Indonesian President Joko Widodo said Friday.
- Pelosi visits Kiev to 'maximize' US' support and prolong Russia-Ukraine conflict, inflate 'political legacy' Global Times 01 May 2022 -- US House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi made an unannounced visit to Kiev on Sunday, the highest-ranking American official to visit Ukraine since the start of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, and Chinese analysts said it indicated that the Biden administration was maximizing US support to Ukraine while deceiving the domestic voters as much as it can that US won't get involved in the conflict.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: May 1 VOA 01 May 2022
- Russian Railroad Bridge Near Ukraine Border Partially Collapses RFE/RL 01 May 2022 -- A railroad bridge has partially collapsed in Russia's western Kursk region, which borders northeastern Ukraine, the region's governor said on May 1.
- Guterres in Senegal: 'Triple crisis' in Africa aggravated by war in Ukraine UN News 01 May 2022 -- The war in Ukraine is aggravating a "triple food, energy and financial crisis," across Africa, according to the UN Secretary-General Ant√≥nio Guterres.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|