28 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 28, 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 28.04 Ukraine MOD 28 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 28, 2022 Ukraine MOD 28 Apr 2022
- Explosions Shake Kyiv During Visit Of UN Chief, As Biden Seeks Boost In Funds To Back Ukraine's Fight RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine has condemned a Russian air strike on Kyiv during a visit by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as a "heinous act of barbarism," as U.S. President Joe Biden seeks tens of billions of dollars more in funding to help Ukraine defeat the Russian invasion.
- Senior Defense Official Holds a Background Briefing, April 28, 2022 DoD 28 Apr 2022
- Russia destroys warehouses storing foreign weapons in Ukraine: spokesperson People's Daily 28 Apr 2022 -- The Russian army has destroyed warehouses storing foreign weapons at Ukraine's Zaporozhye aluminum plant, Russia's Defense Ministry said Wednesday.
- Ihor Zhovkva discussed topical issues of bilateral cooperation with the Federal Minister for the EU and the Austrian Constitution President of Ukraine 28 Apr 2022
- Together with allies we can definitely stop the Russian aggression and reliably defend freedom in Europe - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 28 Apr 2022
- Possible pseudo-referendum in the occupied territories will complicate possible negotiations between Ukraine and Russia - President President of Ukraine 28 Apr 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with the UN Secretary-General in Kyiv President of Ukraine 28 Apr 2022
- Ukraine is ready for urgent talks to evacuate people from Mariupol and counts on UN support - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 28 Apr 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy: We seek to elaborate an agreement that will provide real guarantees for Ukraine's security President of Ukraine 28 Apr 2022
- President of Ukraine and the Prime Minister of Bulgaria discussed the defensive, energy and logistical assistance and support for Ukraine on the way to the EU President of Ukraine 28 Apr 2022
- Ukraine seeks to get 5 bln USD from IMF per month: PM People's Daily 28 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine is seeking to receive 5 billion U.S. dollars from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) per month, Ukraine's media outlet Hromadske reported on Wednesday, citing the country's Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal.
- Ukraine Releases Names Of Russian Soldiers Suspected Of Torturing Civilians In Bucha RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian Prosecutor-General Iryna Venediktova has released the names of 10 Russian soldiers suspected of torturing civilians in the town of Bucha, near Kyiv, during weeks of occupation.
- Kiev says no agreement yet on meeting between Ukrainian, Russian presidents People's Daily 28 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian Presidential Advisor Mykhailo Podolyak said on Wednesday that no agreement has been reached on a meeting between Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.
- Russia warns West not to test its patience, vows 'tough military response' Press TV 28 Apr 2022 -- Russia has warned the West that there would be a tough military response to any further attack on Russian territory, urging Western capitals to stop pumping weapons into Ukraine.
- Telephone conversation with President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan President of Russia 28 Apr 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with President of the Republic of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Russia Nearly Doubled Its Income From Energy Sales To The EU During Wartime, Study Shows RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- Moscow continues to benefit from Europe's energy dependence on Russian oil despite a reduction in sales due to sanctions imposed to pressure it to end its war against Ukraine, according to experts with a Finland-based research organization.
- Tough Fighting in Donbas as Biden Asks for More Aid to Ukraine DoD News 28 Apr 2022 -- Tough fighting continues in the Donbas region of Ukraine with 92 Russian battalion tactical groups now operating in the area, a senior defense official said today.
- Remarks by President Biden on the Request to Congress for Additional Funding to Support Ukraine The White House 28 Apr 2022
- Background Press Call by Senior Administration Officials on the Ukraine Supplemental Budget Request The White House 28 Apr 2022
- FACT SHEET: White House Calls on Congress to Provide Additional Support for Ukraine The White House 28 Apr 2022
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives on Fiscal Year 2022 Emergency Supplemental Funding The White House 28 Apr 2022
- Pelosi Floor Speech on S. 3522, the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022 US House Speaker Pelosi 28 Apr 2022 -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi delivered remarks on the Floor of the House of Representatives in support of S. 3522, the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022. Below are the Speaker's remarks:
- Biden Will Request $30 Billion In Additional Funding To Support Ukraine's 'Fight For Freedom' RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden will request $33 billion from Congress to support Ukraine, a move that represents a dramatic escalation of U.S. funding for the country in its war against Russia.
- Biden asks Congress for a whopping $33 billion in aid package for Ukraine Press TV 28 Apr 2022 -- US President Joe Biden formally asked Congress for a whopping $33 billion aid package for Ukraine, including more than $20 billion in new military aid and other security assistance over the next five months to use in the regime's war with Russia.
- Biden: US Not Attacking Russia But Defending Ukraine, Will Send Military Aid Until End of Operation Sputnik 28 Apr 2022 -- US President Joe Biden said on Thursday that the United States will continue to provide military aid to Ukraine until Russia's special military operation in that country stops.
- Emergency in Ukraine - External Situation Report #9 WHO 28 Apr 2022
- Nuclear Safety, Security and Safeguards in Ukraine - Summary Report by the Director General (24 February â€“ 28 April 2022) IAEA 28 Apr 2022
- Update 66 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 28 Apr 2022 -- The Director General of the International Atomic Energy Authority (IAEA), Rafael Mariano Grossi, today returned from Ukraine to the IAEA Headquarters in Vienna and held a press conference, where he briefed journalists on his visit to the Chornobyl nuclear power plant (NPP), including the results of initial radiation monitoring conducted by IAEA experts in the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone, and his talks with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
- In Kyiv, UN Chief Pledges More Help for Ukraine VOA 28 Apr 2022 -- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres pledged that the world body would not give up on ending Russia's war in Ukraine and would scale up support to the Ukrainian people during a visit Thursday to Kyiv.
- 'The world sees you' UN chief tells Ukrainians, pledging to boost support UN News 28 Apr 2022 -- Describing Ukraine as "an epicenter of unbearable heartache and pain", the UN chief took to the podium alongside its president in Kyiv on Thursday, vowing to increase support for the people amidst the suffering, and the millions displaced in the wake of Russia's invasion.
- Guterres in Ukraine: War is 'evil' and unacceptable, calls for justice UN News 28 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres visited sites of suspected war crimes in Ukraine on Thursday, where he condemned the "evil" acts committed against civilians and urged criminal accountability.
- UN secretary-general arrives in Ukraine People's Daily 28 Apr 2022 -- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said on Wednesday he has arrived in Ukraine.
- PACE calls for an ad hoc international criminal tribunal to hold to account perpetrators of the crime of aggression against Ukraine Council of Europe 28 Apr 2022 -- The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) has called on all the organisation's member and observer states to urgently set up an ad hoc international criminal tribunal, with a mandate to "investigate and prosecute the crime of aggression allegedly committed by the political and military leadership of the Russian Federation".
- Confiscated homes of Russian citizens should house refugees, Assembly says Council of Europe 28 Apr 2022 -- Council of Europe member states should "identify and freeze" the homes of Russian citizens and state enterprises that have been targeted as part of sanctions in the war against Ukraine and transform them to receive Ukrainian refugees, the Parliamentary Assembly said in a resolution based on a report by AndrÃ© Vallini (France, SOC).
- OSCE Chairman-in-Office and Secretary General announce upcoming closure of Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine OSCE 28 Apr 2022 -- OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Foreign Minister of Poland Zbigniew Rau and OSCE Secretary General Helga Maria Schmid have today announced that the OSCE would take immediate steps to implement the closure of the Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine.
- OSCE Envoy Says Evidence Of 'Filtration Camps' Emerging From Areas Of Ukraine Claimed By Russian Forces RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- The U.S. ambassador to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) says there is credible evidence that Russian forces have been rounding up people in areas of Ukraine's south and east and detaining them in "filtration camps," where they are interrogated.
- Ukrainian, EU leaders discuss further support for Kiev People's Daily 28 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Wednesday he had discussed further support for Kiev, including macro-financial assistance, with European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.
- Canada, U.S. in Lockstep for Support to Ukraine, NATO DoD News 28 Apr 2022 -- Canada and the United States are in lockstep in their support for Ukraine in its fight against Russia, defense leaders said following Pentagon meetings today.
- Bulgaria should be part of efforts for peace in Ukraine: president People's Daily 28 Apr 2022 -- Bulgarian President Rumen Radev said here on Wednesday that his country should be part of the efforts for peace in Ukraine, according to the presidential press office.
- Bulgarian PM, Main Ruling Party Vow Support To Arm Ukraine After Gazprom Cutoff RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- Bulgaria's main ruling alliance has responded to a Russian gas cutoff by abandoning the hesitancy that has kept that Black Sea state from supplying military aid to Ukraine, capping off two days of political messaging with visiting Prime Minister Kiril Petkov declaring outside the Ukrainian capital that it would be "inhuman to remain uninvolved" as Russia's invasion unfolds.
- Poland Denies Plans to Annex Western Ukraine - Interior Ministry Sputnik 28 Apr 2022 -- Stanislaw Zaryn, the spokesman for Polish Interior Minister Mariusz Kaminski, on Thursday denied information about Warsaw preparing a plan on annexation of Western Ukraine.
- British Foreign Secretary Truss Calls For Delivery of Heavy Weapons, Tanks, Warplanes to Ukraine Sputnik 28 Apr 2022 -- The past few months have seen the UK and its NATO allies send billions of dollars' worth of military equipment to Ukraine, including heavy military hardware and thousands of anti-tank and anti-aircraft missile systems.
- The devastating impact of Putin's war of choice on the children of Ukraine: UK statement to the OSCE UK FCDO 28 Apr 2022 -- Deputy Ambassador Deirdre Brown speaks about the impact of Russia's war in Ukraine on the health, education and family life of Ukraine's 7.5 million children.
- After Publicly Backing Ukraine's Sovereignty, Uzbek FM Steps down RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- Weeks after publicly supporting Ukraine's territorial integrity, Uzbek Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Komilov has left his post.
- Former U.S., NATO Commander Says Putin's War In Ukraine Has Left Russia 'Vulnerable As A Nation' RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- The former commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Europe has said Russia is "not in a good position" as the 2-month-old Ukraine war grinds on, but that its newer focus on the east of the country will make it "a different fight."
- Is it Possible to Make a Deal with Putin? VOA 28 Apr 2022 -- As Russia's war on Ukraine enters its third month, questions have swirled about whether a negotiated solution with Russian President Vladimir Putin is possible.
- Russia Fines Twitter 3 Million Rubles For Failure To Delete 'Banned Content' RFE/RL 28 Apr 2022 -- A court in Moscow has fined Twitter for failing to delete content the government deems illegal amid Russia's crackdown on social-media networks.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: April 28 VOA 28 Apr 2022
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|