26 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 26, 2022 Ukraine MOD 26 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 26.04 Ukraine MOD 26 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 26, 2022 Ukraine MOD 26 Apr 2022
- Day 62: Russia warns of World War III as 40 US allies plan to arm Ukraine Press TV 26 Apr 2022 -- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has warned about a "real" danger of World War III breaking out as 40 prepared to meet in Germany to bolster Ukraine's military.
- Russia announces ceasefire near Azovstal plant to ensure civilian evacuation People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- Russia's Defense Ministry on Monday announced a ceasefire near the Azovstal plant in Mariupol for the safe evacuation of civilians.
- Russian forces seize Kherson city council building: media People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- Russian forces seized the building of Kherson city council in southern Ukraine, Ukrinform news agency reported Monday, citing Kherson mayor Ihor Kolykhaiev.
- 5 killed, 18 injured in airstrike on transport infrastructure in central Ukraine People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- At least five people were killed and 18 others injured on Monday as a result of Russia's airstrike on transport infrastructure in Ukraine's central Vinnytsia region, the Vinnytsia Regional Prosecutor's Office said in a statement.
- We are grateful to those who saved the world from the new Chornobyl tragedy, which could have happened due to the actions of the Russian occupiers - President President of Ukraine 26 Apr 2022
- President met with the Director General of the IAEA President of Ukraine 26 Apr 2022
- The free world has the right to self-defense and that is why it will help Ukraine even more - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 26 Apr 2022
- President of Ukraine held talks with the Prime Minister of Romania President of Ukraine 26 Apr 2022
- Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Prime Minister of Japan Fumio Kishida discussed further steps to support Ukraine President of Ukraine 26 Apr 2022
- Russia agrees 'in principle' to UN and Red Cross involvement in evacuations from Mariupol UN News 26 Apr 2022 -- Russia has agreed "in principle" to UN involvement in the evacuation of citizens from the last remaining holdout in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol, following a meeting between Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres and President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Tuesday.
- Putin Tells Guterres He Still Has Hope For Negotiated Agreement With Ukraine RFE/RL 26 Apr 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin told visiting UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres that he still hopes for negotiations to end the conflict in Ukraine.
- Ukraine May Collapse Into Several Independent Countries, Russia's Security Council Secretary Says Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- The policies implemented by the West and the "Kiev regime" may result in the collapse of Ukraine into several smaller countries, Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolai Patrushev said.
- MoD Warns of 'Proportional Response' as UK Approves Ukraine's Use of British Arms to Attack Russia Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- Earlier in the day, UK Armed Forces Minister James Heappey said London would consider Ukrainian strikes on logistics sites on Russian soil using British weapons fair game.
- Ukraine Talks Unlikely to Succeed If Kiev Continues to Be Pumped Up With Weapons, Lavrov Says Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- The United States and its NATO allies have funnelled billions of dollars' worth of military assistance to Ukraine since 2014, and have committed to sending more and more advanced hardware to Kiev in recent weeks. Moscow has warned that the deliveries would have "unpredictable consequences".
- Interview: Can The Russian Military Overcome Its Manpower Problems In Ukraine? RFE/RL 26 Apr 2022 -- A new phase of the Ukraine war is shaping up in the eastern part of the country, where Russian troops are aiming to overcome early setbacks and pummel Ukrainian forces in a long-distance ground battle.
- Telephone conversation with President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan President of Russia 26 Apr 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with President of the Republic of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- Russia asks U.S. to stop arming Ukraine People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- Russia has sent a diplomatic note to the United States calling on Washington to stop supplying Kiev with weapons, Russian Ambassador to the United States Anatoly Antonov said Monday.
- Secretary Austin's Opening Remarks at the Ukraine Defense Consultative Group, Ramstein Air Base, Germany (As Prepared) DoD 26 Apr 2022
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III Holds a News Conference Following Ukraine Defense Consultative Group Meeting, Ramstein Air Base, Germany DoD 26 Apr 2022
- Austin Meets With Nations to Intensify Support for Ukraine DoD News 26 Apr 2022 -- In a forum hosted today in Germany by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III, nearly 40 nations met to discuss current and future efforts to provide support for Ukraine in maintaining its sovereignty.
- US Gives Allies $391 Million to Replace Arms for Ukraine, But Contractors Aren't Ready to Make Them Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- The US has claimed to provide more than $3.7 billion in aid to Ukraine since Russia launched its special military operation in February.
- Pentagon Chief Believes Ukraine Will Possibly Again Seek to Become NATO Member Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- US Secretary of Defence Lloyd Austin believes that Ukraine will soon resume its effort to become a member of NATO.
- US Supports Transferring Some Seized Russian Assets to Ukraine VOA 26 Apr 2022 -- The Biden administration is set to ask Congress for legislative changes that would make it easier for the U.S. Justice Department to seize Russian oligarch assets and transfer part of the money to Ukraine, Attorney General Merrick Garland said on Tuesday.
- Grossi Meets Ukraine's President Zelensky as IAEA Expands Technical Assistance IAEA 26 Apr 2022 -- The IAEA will continue to support Ukraine in ensuring the safety and security of its nuclear sites, IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi told Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky this evening during a meeting in Kyiv.
- Heightened security fears on Chernobyl disaster anniversary UN News 26 Apr 2022 -- On the 36th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster in Ukraine, the world is again concerned about the safety of nuclear power plants, amid the ongoing Russian invasion, which has seen shelling take place at Chernobyl, and other nuclear sites in the country.
- UN chief calls for ceasefire in Ukraine 'as soon as possible' Press TV 26 Apr 2022 -- United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has called for a ceasefire in war-torn Ukraine "as soon as possible" as the Russian military offensive in the former Soviet republic lingers for more than 60 days.
- UN Agencies Appeal for $4.1 Billion to Aid Ukrainian Internally Displaced and Refugees VOA 26 Apr 2022 -- Two U.N. agencies are launching multi-billion-dollar appeals to assist the soaring number of refugees from Ukraine and people displaced inside the country.
- UN chief pushes for truce in Ukraine despite Russian envoy's negative response People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres continues to push for a halt in hostilities in Ukraine even though a Russian UN envoy said a cease-fire is not a good option at the moment, said a UN spokesman.
- UN chief, Turkish president promise to work for peace in Ukraine People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday reaffirmed their commitment to ending the conflict in Ukraine and to creating conditions to end the suffering of civilians, said a UN spokesman.
- US, Allies Ramping Up Support for Ukraine VOA 26 Apr 2022 -- The United States and its allies signaled Tuesday they are moving swiftly and powerfully to support Ukrainian forces and escalate pressure on Russia's economy amid its two-month invasion of neighboring Ukraine, while the United Nations said Russia's president agreed to let international aid groups help civilians leave the besieged port city of Mariupol.
- Western defense chiefs meet to discuss further arming Ukraine following tough warning from Russia Global Times 26 Apr 2022 -- Defense chiefs of the US and other Western countries met at the Ramstein Air Base in Germany on Tuesday to discuss further military aid to Ukraine, two days after US pledges of more military aid to Kiev. Yet Chinese observers cautioned that the West has gone increasingly high-profile in arming Ukraine although Russia has warned of the possibility of "nuclear conflict" and risks of a "third world war."
- Council of Europe will propose an action plan to help Ukraine, Secretary General tells PACE Council of Europe 26 Apr 2022 -- Responding to questions from members of the Parliamentary Assembly (PACE), Council of Europe Secretary General Marija PejÄinoviÄ BuriÄ confirmed that the organisation had proposed adjustments to the Ukraine Action Plan to address the immediate consequences of the Russian aggression.
- Foreign Secretary opens debate on the situation in Ukraine, 26 April 2022 UK FCDO 26 Apr 2022 -- Foreign Secretary Liz Truss opened a debate on Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine.
- UK boosts humanitarian support to help Ukraine's hospitals under attack Gov.UK 26 Apr 2022 -- The UK is sending more ambulances and fire engines to Ukraine as part of continued support to the country.
- Erdogan underlines Istanbul process in talks with Guterres to end Ukraine crisis People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday told UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres that all parties should support the Istanbul process for a solution to the crisis between Russia and Ukraine, Turkey's presidency said.
- Rights Group Urges Russia To Allow Civilians Out Of Mariupol, Calls On UN To Do More RFE/RL 26 Apr 2022 -- Human Rights Watch (HRW) has urged Russian forces that are now in control of most of Ukraine's besieged port of Mariupol to make sure that civilians that are still trapped in the strategic city are permitted to safely transfer to Ukrainian-controlled territory.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: April 26 VOA 26 Apr 2022
- Taiwan to Use Ukraine Conflict Plot in Upcoming Military Exercise, Reports Say Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- The Taiwanese armed forces will take into account the military experience of Ukraine during the upcoming 38th edition of annual Han Kuang military exercise, local media reported on Tuesday, citing the Taiwanese defence ministry.
- Moldova's President Says Transdniester Attacks Are An Attempt To Escalate Tensions RFE/RL 26 Apr 2022 -- President Maia Sandu said on April 26 that several alleged attacks in Moldova's Moscow-backed breakaway region of Transdniester were an attempt to escalate tensions, blaming "pro-war factions" within the territory's administration.
- Moldovan President: Transnistria Blasts Linked to Internal Power Struggle in Unrecognised Republic Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- The unrecognised Republic of Transnistria has been rocked by a series of explosions in recent days.
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau speaks with President of Moldova Maia Sandu Prime Minister of Canada 26 Apr 2022 -- Today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke with the President of Moldova, Maia Sandu.
- Russia Hopes to Avoid Intervention In Transnistria Conflict, Deputy Foreign Minister Says Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- Moscow hopes that Transnistria will not be drawn into the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, so that there is no need to intervene in resolving the situation, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Andrey Rudenko said.
- Transnistria Raises Terrorist Threat Level, Says Three Terrorist Attacks Occurred in Republic Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- Earlier, the Ministry of State Security building in Tiraspol, Transnistria has been rocked by a series of explosions.
- Analysts Assess Impact of Russia-Ukraine War on Food Security in Azerbaijan VOA 26 Apr 2022 -- With the backdrop of Russia's war in Ukraine, an increasing number of experts are warning of worldwide food shortages. Some experts say the war will put long-term food security in jeopardy. Azerbaijan's food supply relies heavily on imports from Russia and Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|