24 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- Senior Defense Official and Senior State Department Official Hold a Background Briefing DoD 24 Apr 2022
- Russia Bombards Eastern Ukraine as Zelenskyy Meets With Top US Officials VOA 24 Apr 2022 -- Russia bombarded eastern Ukraine Sunday, including a steel factory in the besieged southern port city of Mariupol, even as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with two top American officials in Kyiv, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin.
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 24, 2022 Ukraine MOD 24 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 24.04 Ukraine MOD 24 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 24, 2022 Ukraine MOD 24 Apr 2022
- Russian forces hit logistics terminal of foreign weapons near Odessa People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- Russia's forces have destroyed a logistics terminal at a military airfield near Ukraine's Odessa, where foreign weapons were stored, said the Russian Defense Ministry.
- Ukraine to continue civilian evacuation from Mariupol People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine will continue the evacuation of civilians from the besieged city of Mariupol on Saturday, Ukrainian Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk said.
- With defensive support and a strong sanctions policy, we will surely win - Head of the President's Office President of Ukraine 24 Apr 2022
- Easter congratulations by President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 24 Apr 2022
- It is only a matter of time before all Russian murderers receive a fair response to their crimes - address by the President of Ukraine President of Ukraine 24 Apr 2022
- Ukraine has demonstrated extraordinary unity, as well as united Europe and shown the true meaning of NATO - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 24 Apr 2022
- Ukrainian president backs diplomatic solution to conflict with Russia People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Saturday he supports a diplomatic solution to the conflict with Russia, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.
- Ukraine Criticizes Austrian Minister Over Comments About EU Membership RFE/RL 24 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine has criticized Austrian Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg for opposing its membership in the European Union, saying such a move will weaken the bloc.
- Commanding Generals of V Corps and 82nd Airborne Division Hold a Press Briefing DoD 24 Apr 2022 -- Lieutenant General John S. Kolasheski, commander, V Corps, and Major General Christopher C. LaNeve, commander, 82nd Airborne Division Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby
- Zelenskiy Says To Host Top U.S. Officials In First Wartime Visit To Kyiv RFE/RL 24 Apr 2022 -- The United States' top diplomat and defense chief are set to make their first wartime visits to Kyiv since Russia launched its unprovoked war on Ukraine two months ago, as intense fighting continues in the eastern part of the country.
- Day 60: US leaders on first wartime visit to Kiev with arms pledges Press TV 24 Apr 2022 -- The US military chief will visit Kiev to discuss ways to continue offering more weapons and other support to Ukraine's military, as other NATO countries support continues.
- US Diplomats to Begin Returning to Ukraine VOA 24 Apr 2022 -- American diplomats will start returning to Ukraine this week, first to the western city of Lviv and then eventually to the capital, Kyiv.
- US designates Ukraine weapons coordinator Press TV 24 Apr 2022 -- A retired US Army general has been designated to help coordinate the massive shipment of American weapons and ammunition to Ukraine, the White House has announced.
- Top US officials head to Ukraine amid Kiev's call for more weapons Press TV 24 Apr 2022 -- US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and Secretary of State Antony Blinken will visit Ukraine's capital of Kiev on Sunday, the country's president has announced while demanding "powerful weapons."
- Update 62 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 24 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that there had been no significant new developments related to nuclear safety and security in the country over the past 24 hours, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- 'Tomorrow could be too late': The UN calls for an immediate halt to fighting in Mariupol, Ukraine UN News 24 Apr 2022 -- The UN's crisis coordinator in Ukraine called on Sunday for an immediate stop to fighting in besieged Mariupol to allow trapped civilians to leave the city safely.
- The UN Urges an Immediate Pause in Fighting as the Situation in Mariupol Deteriorates Sharply UNOCHA 24 Apr 2022 -- The United Nations on Sunday called for an immediate stop in fighting in the besieged city of Mariupol in southern Ukraine to allow civilians reportedly trapped in the city to get out safely.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: UN chief to meet with Putin in Moscow on Tuesday People's Daily 24 Apr 2022 -- The Russia-Ukraine conflict continued on Saturday as Russia's forces destroyed a logistics terminal at a military airfield near Ukraine's Odessa. The following are the latest developments:
- OSCE Chairman-in-Office and Secretary General call for immediate release of detained OSCE officials in areas of Donetsk and Luhansk OSCE 24 Apr 2022 -- OSCE Chairman-in-Office and Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs, Zbigniew Rau, and OSCE Secretary General Helga Maria Schmid call for the release of four national members of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine detained in in non-government-controlled areas of Donetsk and Luhansk.
- UK Sending 20 Howitzers, Tens of Thousands of Shells to Ukraine to 'Crush Putin', Tabloid Says Sputnik 24 Apr 2022 -- The UK and its NATO allies have sent billions of dollars' worth of military equipment to Ukraine in recent months, including everything from old Soviet-era weapons clogging up the stockpiles of the Western bloc's Eastern European members, to heavy military equipment and thousands of advanced anti-tank and anti-aircraft missile systems.
- PM call with UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres: 24 April 2022 Gov.UK 24 Apr 2022 -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson spoke to the UN Secretary-General AntÃ³nio Guterres this afternoon.
- Switzerland Bans Berlin From Re-Exporting Ammunition for Combat Vehicles to Ukraine Sputnik 24 Apr 2022 -- Switzerland has vetoed requests by German authorities to re-export to Ukraine ammunition used in German Marder infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs), a representative of the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) told Swiss media.
- 'The Whole Country Is United': Fighting Intensifies In Ukraine's Southeastern Zaporizhzhya Region RFE/RL 24 Apr 2022 -- More than 60 percent of the settlements in Ukraine's southeastern Zaporizhzhya region are occupied by Russian forces, says Oleksandr Starukh, the head of Ukraine's military administration of the region. Yet Starukh is convinced Moscow's military is stymied in the region, and has made little progress controlling it since the early days following Russia's February 24 invasion.
- Ukrainians Mark Somber Orthodox Easter As Zelenskiy Vows 'Wickedness' Will Not Destroy His Country RFE/RL 24 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainians are marking Orthodox Easter with prayers for those fighting on the front lines and others trapped beyond them in places like Mariupol, while President Volodymyr Zelenskiy vowed in an Easter message that no "wickedness" will destroy the country.
- Officials, Activists Document Allegations Of War Crimes In Occupied Parts Of Ukraine RFE/RL 24 Apr 2022 -- After Russian forces withdrew from occupied positions in northern Ukraine at the end of last month, allegations of rapes and other war crimes mounted in their wake, prompting calls for investigations and, possibly, international tribunals.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: April 24 VOA 24 Apr 2022 -- Recap of April 24
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|