23 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the #russian_invasion on 18.00 on April 23, 2022 Ukraine MOD 23 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 23.04 Ukraine MOD 23 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 23, 2022 Ukraine MOD 23 Apr 2022
- Russian Forces Take Out Arms Depot That Stored US and European Weapons Near Odessa, MoD Says Sputnik 23 Apr 2022 -- The US and Europe have been delivering both lethal and non-lethal weapons worth billions of dollars to Ukraine since the start of Russia's military operation there.
- Ukrainians Say Russia Attacking Mariupol Holdouts; Odesa Hit In Missile Attack RFE/RL 23 Apr 2022 -- A new attempt to evacuate civilians from Mariupol appears to have failed, with local officials laying the blame on Russian forces who reportedly attacked a metals plant where desperate Ukrainian defenders are holding out in the devastated southeastern port city.
- Ukraine is interested in Pope Francis' involvement in saving people - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 23 Apr 2022
- Everyone who gave criminal orders to kill civilians of Ukraine will get a fair punishment - President President of Ukraine 23 Apr 2022
- Ukraine has become a state that knows that it needs to defend its land - Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 23 Apr 2022
- Ukraine will return the ambassador to Georgia as soon as it feels the support of the Georgian authorities - President President of Ukraine 23 Apr 2022
- Ukraine is ready to hold negotiations with Russia to save the lives of millions of people - President President of Ukraine 23 Apr 2022
- The key to successfully resisting Russian aggression is the heroism of the Ukrainian army and effective sanctions, which are being worked on by an international group of experts - Andriy Yermak President of Ukraine 23 Apr 2022
- Andrii Sybiha discussed with the leadership of the Crimea Platform the situation in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine President of Ukraine 23 Apr 2022
- Ukraine says talks on security guarantees with partner countries to complete within week People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian Presidential Advisor Mykhailo Podolyak said on Friday that Kiev will complete the talks on security guarantees with partner countries within a week, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.
- Ukraine's Zelensky calls for meeting with Russian counterpart 'to end the war' Press TV 23 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has repeated his call for a meeting with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, in an effort to "put an end to the war."
- Briefing on US and NATO preparations for a provocation accusing the Russian Federation of using nuclear, chemical or biological weapons Russia MoD 23 Apr 2022 -- The Russian Ministry of Defense has information about the preparation by the United States of America of provocations with the aim of accusing the Russian Armed Forces of using chemical, biological or tactical nuclear weapons. This plan has already been developed and is a reaction to Russia's success in conducting a special military operation.
- Russia aims at full control of Donbass, southern Ukraine: general People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- One of the tasks of the Russian Armed Forces during the ongoing second stage of the special military operation is to "establish full control over Donbass and southern Ukraine," Deputy Commander of Russia's Central Military District Rustam Minnekaev said Friday.
- Putin, EU leader discuss Ukraine over phone People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin and European Council President Charles Michel discussed the situation in Ukraine during a phone conversation on Friday, the Kremlin said in a statement.
- Kiev May Fake 'Russian Strike' on Ukrainian Naval Base to Destroy Odessa Cold Storage Complex: MoD Sputnik 23 Apr 2022 -- Earlier in the day, Russia's Nuclear, Chemical and Biological Protection Troops warned that the US and its Ukrainian client partners state may stage chemical, biological or even nuclear false flag incidents to try to turn Russia into a pariah state in the eyes of the international community.
- Russian MoD: US Planning Provocations to Accuse Russian Forces of Using WMDs in Ukraine Sputnik 23 Apr 2022 -- Lieutenant General Igor Kirillov, the head of Russia's Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Protection Troops, revealed the planned Western provocations at a briefing on Saturday.
- US Has Moved on to WMD Provocations After Economic Pressure Against Russia Failed, Zakharova Says Sputnik 23 Apr 2022 -- Earlier on Saturday, the chief of Russia's Nuclear, Chemical, and Biological Protection Troops revealed US plans to stage provocations to accuse Moscow baselessly of using chemical, biological, or even tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine to discredit its ongoing military operation in the country.
- Zelenskiy Says U.S. Secretaries Of State, Defense To Visit Kyiv RFE/RL 23 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has told a news conference that U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and defense chief Lloyd Austin will visit Kyiv on April 24.
- Blinken, Austin to Visit Kyiv Sunday, Zelenskyy Says VOA 23 Apr 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin will visit Kyiv on Sunday, Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said.
- What Is a 'Phoenix Ghost' Drone Developed by US That Is Being Sent to Ukraine? Sputnik 23 Apr 2022 -- On Thursday, US President Joe Biden stated that the US will provide Ukraine with a new $800 million in security assistance, which, according to the DoD, would comprise 72 Howitzers, 144,000 artillery rounds, components and other equipment, and over 121 new Phoenix tactical drones.
- Kyiv Awaits NATO Summit Invite As Wider Security Concerns Mount RFE/RL 23 Apr 2022 -- Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov has said that Ukraine is expecting an invitation to a NATO summit next week in Germany initiated by the United States.
- Update 61 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 23 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine has provided the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) with a comprehensive list of equipment the country says it needs for the safe and secure operation of its nuclear facilities during the current conflict, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said today.
- WHO: Health Care System in Eastern Ukraine Nearing Collapse VOA 23 Apr 2022 -- The World Health Organization warns the health system in eastern Ukraine has all but collapsed, putting the lives of thousands of people trapped in Mariupol and other besieged areas at risk.
- PM call with President Zelenskyy: 23 April 2022 Gov.UK 23 Apr 2022 -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson spoke to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
- China refutes U.S. official's remarks on Ukraine issue People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- China on Friday refuted a U.S. official's remarks that China should learn the right lessons from the situation in Ukraine, including that it can't separate the United States from its allies.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|