19 April 2022 - Ukraine Special Weapons News
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 18.00 on April 19, 2022 Ukraine MOD 19 Apr 2022
- The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 19.04 Ukraine MOD 19 Apr 2022
- The operational update regarding the russian invasion on 06.00 on April 19, 2022 Ukraine MOD 19 Apr 2022
- Senior Defense Officials Hold a Background Briefing, April 19, 2022 DoD 19 Apr 2022
- Ukraine Defiant As Russia Launches Massive Offensive In East RFE/RL 19 Apr 2022 -- The Ukrainian military says Russian forces have launched "aggressive actions" along almost the entire front line in eastern Ukraine, in what President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said was the start of the long-anticipated offensive in the eastern Donbas region.
- Facts about Russia-Ukraine conflict: Zelensky says Ukraine won't give up territories to end conflict People's Daily 19 Apr 2022 -- The Russia-Ukraine conflict continued as Ukraine's western city of Lviv reported missile strikes on Monday morning. The following are the latest developments:
- Russian forces seize east Ukrainian city in new phase of offensive Press TV 19 Apr 2022 -- Russian forces have seized control of the city of Kreminna in eastern Ukraine after the withdrawal of Ukrainian troops from the area, as Moscow launches a new phase of its military offensive in the former Soviet republic.
- Day 55: Russia launches new stage of operation in Ukraine Press TV 19 Apr 2022 -- Russia says it has launched a new stage of military operation in Ukraine, carrying out dozens of airstrikes in eastern Ukraine overnight on the 55th day of the conflict.
- Russia says foreign weapons destroyed near Ukraine's Lviv People's Daily 19 Apr 2022 -- Russian troops destroyed a depot of weapons supplied by Western countries near west Ukraine's Lviv on Monday morning, Russian Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said.
- Russian forces try to start active phase of offensive in eastern Ukraine: Ukraine's security chief People's Daily 19 Apr 2022 -- Oleksiy Danilov, the Secretary of Ukraine's National Security and Defense Council, said Monday that Russian forces tried to start an active phase of the offensive in eastern Ukraine, the Interfax-Ukraine news agency reported.
- Ukrainian parliament expresses gratitude to Taiwan for support CNA 19 Apr 2022 -- The Ukrainian parliament expressed gratitude toward Taiwan on Monday for showing support to the country amid the ongoing Russian invasion even though the two places are far apart from each other.
- President discussed with the people's deputies the most important legislative initiatives for the activities of the state during the war President of Ukraine 19 Apr 2022
- If our partners have the weapons Ukraine needs, their duty is to help protect freedom and the lives of people - address by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy President of Ukraine 19 Apr 2022
- Ukraine sends first part of questionnaire for EU membership to European Commission People's Daily 19 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine on Monday sent to the European Commission (EC) the first part of a questionnaire aimed at achieving candidate status for European Union (EU) membership, the Ukrinform news agency reported.
- Zelensky hands over Ukraine's EU membership questionnaire to EU envoy People's Daily 19 Apr 2022 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Monday handed over a questionnaire aimed at achieving his country's candidate status for the European Union (EU) membership to the EU Ambassador to Ukraine Matti Maasikas, the presidential press service said.
- Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov: New Phase of Special Operation in Ukraine Has Begun Sputnik 19 Apr 2022 -- The Russian foreign minister stressed that the Ukrainian people should decide their fate for themselves.
- Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby Holds a Press Briefing DoD 19 Apr 2022
- Readout of the President's Call with Allies and Partners The White House 19 Apr 2022
- DOD Official Describes How Security Assistance Gets to Ukraine DoD News 19 Apr 2022 -- A senior Defense Department official spoke to the media about U.S.-provided security assistance to Ukraine.
- DOD: U.S. Security Assistance to Ukraine Provides What's Needed, as Needed DoD News 19 Apr 2022 -- As the conflict in Ukraine changes, the types of security assistance the U.S. is sending changes as well, Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby said.
- US Has Trouble Tracking Weapons Sent to Ukraine - Reports Sputnik 19 Apr 2022 -- The United States lacks the capability to reliably track the array of weapons being sent by the Biden administration to Ukraine, CNN reported on Tuesday, citing sources briefed on US intelligence.
- Update 57 - IAEA Director General Statement on Situation in Ukraine IAEA 19 Apr 2022 -- Ukraine informed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) today that direct communications between the national regulator and the Chornobyl Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) had been restored, more than a month after such contact was lost when Russian forces controlled the site, Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
- Ukraine: Aid agencies step up relief deliveries as humanitarian situation worsens UN News 19 Apr 2022 -- Amidst devastating Russian shelling and attacks on health care facilities and personnel, UN aid agencies said on Tuesday that they continue to mobilize inside Ukraine in an effort to help the country's most vulnerable people.
- Ukraine: Security Council urged to 'put aside' divisions, end 'senseless war' UN News 19 Apr 2022 -- As five million people have already fled Ukraine and another seven million are displaced internally, UN Deputy High Commissioner for Refugees Kelly T. Clements urged the Security Council on Tuesday to 'put aside' its divisions and find a way to end the "horrific and senseless war", now in its eighth week.
- UN Chief Appeals for Four-Day Orthodox Easter Humanitarian Pause in Ukraine VOA 19 Apr 2022 -- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres appealed Tuesday for a four-day humanitarian pause this week to coincide with Orthodox Easter, as Russia's war in Ukraine entered a dangerous new phase.
- WHO: Ukraine Conflict Prevents Medical Aid from Reaching Those in Need VOA 19 Apr 2022 -- The World Health Organization says escalating fighting in Ukraine is preventing emergency medical supplies and health personnel from reaching many people in need of help.
- UN chief calls for immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Ukraine People's Daily 19 Apr 2022 -- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on Monday again called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Ukraine to allow for the delivery of life-saving aid as well as evacuations.
- War in Ukraine: FAO renews appeal to bolster agriculture and provide urgent support to vulnerable rural households FAO 19 Apr 2022 -- Some $115.4 million are urgently needed to prevent a further deterioration of the food insecurity situation and worsening of the disruption of food supply chains in Ukraine.
- Ukraine: Remarks by IOM Director General, AntÃ³nio Vitorino, at the UN Security Council IOM 19 Apr 2022
- US, Allies Apply Economic, Military Pressure as Russia Attacks Eastern Ukraine VOA 19 Apr 2022 -- President Joe Biden said Tuesday that U.S. and NATO allies are applying increasing pressure on Moscow, the same day that Russian officials declared a new offensive in eastern Ukraine.
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau participates in teleconference meeting with President of the United States of America Joe Biden, Prime Minister of Japan Kishida Fumio, and European leaders on the war in Ukraine Prime Minister of Canada 19 Apr 2022 -- Today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau spoke with the President of the United States of America, Joe Biden, and the leaders of the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Romania, Japan, the European Commission, the European Council, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) to discuss collective efforts to date, assess the current situation on the ground in Ukraine, and discuss critical actions allies must undertake to effectively support Ukraine.
- Western Leaders Pledge To Send Artillery To Help Ukraine In New Phase Of War RFE/RL 19 Apr 2022 -- The United States, Britain, and Canada have pledged to send more artillery to Ukraine to help its soldiers defend regions in the east of the country, where Russia has begun an all-out assault.
- UK Considers Sending 'a Handful' of Advanced Missile Launchers to Ukraine Sputnik 19 Apr 2022 -- Moscow has repeatedly cautioned that the supply of lethal weapons to Kiev authorities by Western states is a mistake, which only increases casualties.
- "No one is left cold by the suffering in Ukraine" Germany - Federal Government 19 Apr 2022 -- Federal Chancellor Scholz discussed the situation in Ukraine today in a video conference with the heads of state and government of international partners and representatives of NATO and the EU. "We will all continue to provide both financial and military support to Ukraine," said Scholz. At the same time, he went on, NATO would still not directly intervene in the war.
- Moldovan President Signs Law Banning Symbols Of Russia Aggression; Lithuanian Parliament Passes Similar Ban RFE/RL 19 Apr 2022 -- Moldovan President Maia Sandu has signed into law a bill banning the ribbon of St. George, a black and orange military symbol of Russian patriotism and aggression against Ukraine, as well as the signs "Z" and "V" used by Russian armed forces to mark their vehicles and equipment during Moscow's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.
- Latest Developments in Ukraine: April 19 VOA 19 Apr 2022
- Russia Restricts Access To HRW Website Over Statements On War In Ukraine RFE/RL 19 Apr 2022 -- Russia's communications regulator says it has restricted access to the website of Human Rights Watch (HRW) as a result of the group's statements over Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine.
- Ukrainian Refugee Crisis Tests Global Humanitarian Response VOA 19 Apr 2022 -- In less than two months since Russian troops started the war in Ukraine, 5 million Ukrainians have left their country and about 7 million are displaced internally, according to the U.N. Refugee Agency, or UNHCR.
- Citing Impact Of War In Ukraine, IMF Slashes Global Growth Forecast To 3.6 Percent RFE/RL 19 Apr 2022 -- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has slashed its forecast for world economic growth this year to 3.6 percent, citing a disruption of global commerce caused by Russia's war in Ukraine.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|